Lenovo IdeaPhone K900 hands-on
0. phoneArena 12 Jan 2013, 18:08 posted on
Sure, its overall large size is one of its most discernible aspects, but for something so grand and ready to compete with things like the Samsung Galaxy Note II, the K900 is simply gorgeous! Donning a stainless steel back casing combined with some polycarbonate elements to give it a...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TheCynicalTechie (Posts: 51; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Definitely the best phone I have ever seen. I love it more every time I see it.
10. AnTuTu (Posts: 593; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Well done Lenovo and best of luck. Will get it as soon as it comes out :)
21. _Bone_ (Posts: 1741; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's a beauty, at 5,5" however I would've loved a sylus included. It's surprisingly bigger than the Note II BTW, but lot slimmer, which has me worried a bit about battery life. In any case, excited about the product and processor.
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Front looks good but back looks ugly as hell.
7. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 154; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
There are different versions to the back
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Yes, I know and they all look not really good.
14. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In my opinion Lenovo IdeaPhone K900 has good technical specifications but design looks definitely not solid and premium, it look kinda cheaply shiny. Like a imitation jewelry, it shines but you still knot that it is cheap spangle.
16. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 154; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I agree with you, it's not the best looking phone but it's certainly not the worst
18. MeoCao (unregistered)
Most sites praise the design, aethetics always depends on tastes, But the phone back is stainless steel and people like steel.
until the phone actually comes to market we don't know how good it is, but Intel has bad track record on mobile.
3. nyamo (Posts: 273; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
that back has me with a bit of concern. my old htc's with metal backs weren't known for the best signal strength around
4. TheCynicalTechie (Posts: 51; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
They said they did something to the steel to increase it's radio strength. We shall see if their claims are true or not.
5. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 154; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
You should also mention you can turn off the custom skin
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Talking about Sony Xperia Z, perhaps first Sony Xperia Z drop test:
15. MC1123 (Posts: 1210; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i actually would choose xperia z myself as well..but what's holding my back is that on screen navigation which is i really dont like!!!
and this phone is really cool and i bet also price cheaper (but since it is intel, and the first intel dual core on a phone, this might be pricey.... all intel powered device are pricey in my opinion...)
the xperia z and this one has similarities like the camera, this one also uses the camera of xperia z... full HD but this one is bigger... and intel and s4 pro might be just the same
11. MC1123 (Posts: 1210; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
at least the 5.5" dont look ridiculous on john V's hand unlike the note 2 which has the same size with this but looks very big!
and also this one is very premium looking!! a stand up device!
12. guruprasad (Posts: 27; Member since: 13 Jul 2011)
looks similar to optimus l series design ...
17. Rishin17 (Posts: 17; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I own a note 2.but I am really impressed with the build and Specs of this lenovo phone..but seeing these pictures I somehow feel that the phone is a bit too long
(too rectangular)..I mean for a 5.5inch effective screen size the dimensions of the note 2 is more proportionate.dont u guys think so?
19. MrJerry (Posts: 366; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I am sorry
What I don't get is
is it actual phone or possible prototype?
I am not saying it is kind of cheating
But phone with no screen power-on looks just toy to me
Useless review overall
23. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 154; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
This is a real phone, they weren't aloud to unlock it because it was getting low on battery while other sites we're using it
20. dmakun (Posts: 114; Member since: 06 Jun 2011)
".... but for something so grand and ready to compete with things like the Samsung Galaxy Note II, the K900 is simply gorgeous! Donning a stainless steel back casing combined with some polycarbonate elements to give it a good contrasting look, the K900 simply has an impeccable industrial design that makes the Samsung Galaxy Note II look outdated and cheap."
Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder. Personally, that back plate/cover looks hideous & somehow feels like a cheap knockoff of an original. Also would be very interested to know the battery capacity of this phone considering it's slim profile.
22. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Right now this could be the best handheld device ever unveiled, haha.
But I'm REALLY curious about the battery life.
Dual core Atom combined with this screen and thinness sounds like a hammering combination for the battery.
I've no doubt that Exynos Octa will easily outperform this processor in both power and power efficiency
25. amansingal14 (Posts: 260; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Well Done Intel. Now you guys need to imagine a quad core variant based on the same processor technology.
26. Shino (Posts: 159; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Another piece of cheap Chinese plastic and with Android on top of it. Only the CPU sounds nice:)...Until I am sane, I would only use such thing if it is being given for free. :)
27. b1acktiger (Posts: 174; Member since: 19 May 2012)
I would buy Huawei Phone, But no Lenovo, Their Software is hell as ugly, Android OS with Go Launcher UI. They should not make top tier devices, better keep making Cheap devices.
Atleast i'm not interested in this phone.
29. babupaki (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 May 2013)
Great Phone, Intel is really pushing the gas on its processors, Thanks for bring us this great device. I am surprised when learn this Intel Atom Z2580 device. I also like to share the great offer of Lenovo K900 - Lenovo Flagship 3G Smartphone WCDMA/GSM - 6.9mm thin 5.5 Inch 1920*1080 Resolution Intel Atom Z2580 Dual Core 2GB Ram Android OS 4.2 Rear Cam: 13MP Front Cam: 2MP