Lenovo CEO claims he can put Motorola in the black in just a few quarters
0. phoneArena 13 Feb 2014, 00:22 posted on
Lenovo obviously believes that it is a good idea to purchase Motorola or else the Chinese company wouldn't have agreed to the deal with Google in the first place. We've talked about why we think Lenovo made the deal, but now Lenovo is explaining more about its rationale, and how it expects to be able to bring Motorola back to profitability in less than one year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. lalalaman (Posts: 357; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Meh....talk that talk when ever u want...only future know what will happen
Bt it will be great if the can do it...somehow
2. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5494; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I believe Lenovo can do it, just like what Lenovo did with IBM's Thinkpad.
8. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Think pad was already very successful before lenovo bought it
17. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 872; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
THE THINK PAD WAS NOT DOING AS WELL AS IT IS DOING NOW. It had the IBM label but since making huge profits was the bottom line because it was made by IBM it did not go far.
Just like IBM in the personal PC market.....they thought that people would pay thousands more just because it had their name on it.
This notion was changed with Intel's slogan Intel inside. This somewhat leveled the playing field for PC makers other than IBM. IBM tried to sue Intel to remove that label because it implied all PC's that had Intel inside were equal to IBM's PC because IBM also had Intel inside.....go figure.
11. ScottSchneider (Posts: 318; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
This guy has Guts to admit it publically while others hide... Lets see how it is after a year and a few quarters.. I just got my hands on the Moto G and I say it is one damn good phone and i would love not to see Moto going down...
15. aksa123 (Posts: 214; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
"... just in a few quarters". Yep, the guy does really have balls for saying that, considering lenovo isn't even as good as motorola.
18. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3571; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I forsee nothing but money bleed and the color red.
3. phantom_six_man (Posts: 67; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
They better do it so we can believe it
4. Miracles (Posts: 503; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Just flood the asia market with a bunch of low-end motorola phones and wahhla.....back in the black.
10. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
Or they can just bring in their Lenovo smartphones in the U.S. and rebrand it as Motorola. Haha. Bad idea.
5. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Currently Moto G is super hot in India!
7. surethom (Posts: 269; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
I have always known how to make Motorola more money, launch outside north America within a few weeks after releasing in America. It took them 6 months to launch the Moto X in Europe & then only the 16gb version not the better 32gb version.
13. aksa123 (Posts: 214; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Chinese companies only have one markeing strategy : low price.
14. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
Haha. To be fair, the quality of their products aren't so bad considering the low price. I've handled one myself.
16. aksa123 (Posts: 214; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Seriously, when it comes to chinese smartphones, it's always "price first" isn't???
19. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1144; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Huawei > Lenovo moblile
at low-end atleast..
20. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Lenovo is run by very smart and people. Just see how the company is doing. Its doing fine. I have no doubt they will turn this into profit. They probably know exactly how to do it right now. Just imagine Lenovo put "Moto or Motorola brand" on their future phones and just expand. Its not that hard to make a good phone now a days when tech has slowed down and the big players like Samsung try desperate move like 2k display to sell their phones when 720p is just fine. Lenovo will be able to put together a damn good phone within 2-3 years. Which is a quite short time.