Legal troubles? Samsung spent 500% more on lobbying in 2012
1. Bernoulli (Posts: 1604; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
No wonder why the US Patent law favors Apple, if someone bribed me as much I would still go for them lol
10. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Of course, Google spends 10x as much as Apple on lobbying...
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2140; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It says something about Samsung's selling power when rivals, paid sites and lobbyist agencies such as the United States Patent and Trademark Office come after you. It says Samsung is doing it better than the rest, and the rest doesn't like it one bit.
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3042; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Exactly, well said.
If you can make a super power billion dollar company scared and sueing the crap out of you, you're doing things right.
4. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
and that is trues and now nokia sides with apple on injunction cases aganist samsung
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4167; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
If Samsung was more innovative and not copy designs and ideas from other companies, then they wouldn't have to spend so much money lobbying.
7. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3042; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
If Apple wasnt patent trolling about shapes and colors, there wouldn't be any need for money lobbying.
11. jacko1977 (Posts: 400; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
apple wasn't stealing ideas and calling it own there be no apple ijunk and ijunk pad
6. iushnt (Posts: 762; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
So apple is spending double amount lobbying.. Do that mean they copy more? Yes may be coz you see many granted patents to Apple.. Patents for those tech that already exists..
8. Obdabeast (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Jan 2012)
funny how we read and talk about all the bribes the companies give but don't pay mind to the fact that our own government is accepting it.. worse yet the substituted the word bribe for lobbying to make us feel better about it.. corruption at it's finest.. and we just accept it.. :/ ..
9. sunny131089 (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Why dont all understand that Samsung is a South Korean company unlike Google or Apple it dosent have to explain why its manufacturing in China or adhere d SEB ....kindly reveal Samsungs South Korean lobbying figures and also of Apple for d same country .....USA is a v good market for Samsung but at d end f day its just a market like any other country except South Korea
12. MartianMe (unregistered)
This hole lobbying system is illegal anyways no body should be doing this ..but from sam's p.o.v. is playing defense , apple is just full of bad intensions period.
13. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So What .... GEORGE BUSH Threatened India when COKE got banned due to pesticides in COKE. Or does US have two different rules ... oh US has 3 sets of rules :)
15. shuaibhere (Posts: 1678; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I love american people....
But their government... they will do anything for their country even with expense of others life...
14. sunny131089 (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
I dont rem any American threat on India