Leaked screenshots show BlackBerry 10 OS photographed for posterity
0. phoneArena 02 Sep 2012, 02:25 posted on
An Italian BlackBerry site posted pictures allegedly showing the BlackBerry 10 OS although the photographer admitted using Photoshop to remove personal information; a video confirms that the BB10 handsets will have removable batteries...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Hammerfest (Posts: 370; Member since: 12 May 2012)
beware the apple, I can already smell a suit brewin
2. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
why? what would apple get from rim? rim can barely support itself and would probably file for bankruptcy... which is likely to happen anyways so why would apple pay to make it happen a little quicker…
3. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Actually, RIM has little to worry about from Apple as they do not need to use any of their designs. RIM has had a large flux of design patents for some time now and its success is not dependent on copying from others namely Apple.
4. 12Danny123 (Posts: 86; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
I can't see BB10 succeeding at all. it's too late for the release. It can't compete with three massive ecosystems. there's room for fourth
1st- Android - flagships Nexus/Note
3rd Windows phone
5. tango_charlie (Posts: 91; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
It's never too late if you have an awesome product! Look where Symbian and Windoes Mobile were a few years ago and now their are dead. Nothing is meant to last for ever. Time is not standing still.
13. JDCohen722 (Posts: 39; Member since: 18 May 2011)
Windows Phone is still currently not that much of a massive ecosystem, with Android being somewhere around +55% of the Global Smartphone Market and iOS being +28-30%, Windows Phone is still quite low, still somewhere below 10%.... Maybe Windows Phone 8 will change that, but they're not yet massive by any means. Yet I do agree BB10 is a long shot from becoming a big player with competitors like that.
16. lyndon420 (Posts: 1782; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Can't exactly call Windows Phone massive...people still need to buy those products. Market share is horrible for both ms and RIM yes, but there are way more BB's floating around than WP's, so right now BB is the third massive ecosystem. It wouldn't surprise me if people start buying BB's more than WP's once BB10 is unreleased.
Poor ms...just a squirrel trying to get nut.
21. lyndon420 (Posts: 1782; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Well...if BB10 takes off, I would expect apple to get crusty about it. Especially if its a rectangle with rounded corners like the pic above shows.
8. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
Rim is the one who sue Apple... That is bb creation and Apple just copy it
6. GoBears (Posts: 374; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
This is good. Choices are good for everyone. I hope they succeed and pull their company out of the hole. Personally I'd like this for a secondary device. I don't care for WP and I despise anything IOS. Now we have another option. Bravo RIM and good luck!
9. 12Danny123 (Posts: 86; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
Well you can't deny that Wp is a great alternative to Android and IOS. no doubt about that. as well as BB10
18. lyndon420 (Posts: 1782; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Actually I can't agree to that because I don't know anyone who has one that I can compare it with. But...if Android was to drop off the earth I would maybe give BB a try because I don't want to support ms or apple with buying their products.
7. emdot82 (Posts: 14; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
the problem with BB is all they do is upgrade they old phones they not coming out with anything new they apps are not nearly as good as android or apple or even windows phones im surprised they haven't gone out of business yet
11. 12Danny123 (Posts: 86; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
Tell that to crackberry readers why they didn't :-)
12. Angkor (Posts: 108; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
RIM is wasting too much money on BB10 with no Apps is no sale. RIM must switch to Android or WP OS in order to survive.
17. lyndon420 (Posts: 1782; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
No one really buys WP's, so I doubt their OS is gonna save anyone - just ask nokia.
19. 12Danny123 (Posts: 86; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
Of course people buys Wp. you don't look at market share. you look at the sales in stores
25. downphoenix (Posts: 2378; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
people buy BB7 devices too. In fact, more than they do WP7, despite BB7 being "outdated".
14. Googlethis (Posts: 170; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Hopefully they have a plan for this phone (Releaseing it on all major cariors in the us and europe canada etc. giving it a nice amount of apps not just links to pages, making it both user friendly for buisness customers and the average consumer.) they don't need a to jump ship to android or wp not yet at least they just need to get there os right this time. And yes if it is realeased before the company goes bankrupt i will be buying the device(s) there new os is running on.
23. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i just love BlackBerry Surprises!!!! now bring the BB10 device to the market!! i cant really wait for 2013!!!!
i hope more leaks!