Leaked screenshots show Android 4.1 for Sony Xperia S
0. phoneArena 22 Jan 2013, 04:37 posted on
Before the Sony Xperia Z wowed the crowd at CES, the Sony Xperia S was catching some attention at CES 2012 although it was overshadowed a bit by the Nokia Lumia 900; the smartphone with the translucent strip is going to get buttered up with Android 4.1 sometime in April, but we have some screenshots to show you now so you can grab a look-see at the Sony Xperia S all Jelly Beaned up with nowhere to go...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
I prefer the swipe up and down to unlock screens like on Windows Phones. Really don't like the one on the S3.. and iPhone as well.
3. Olanzky (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
you can swipe anyway you like on S3. have you bin your manual?
15. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
Yea I don't like the swipe anyway thing. Prefer straight up and down.
13. jinxed (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
i also wish der was an option to switch between dark and light holo themes
2. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 451; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Wooh! I have always wanted the new lock screen!
Don't lose hope my dearest Xperia S! JB is coming!
I hope Sony can still optimize Android 5 in Xperia S.
4. ZetanAlaz (Posts: 14; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
+1. I'll keep my Xperia S for this awesomeness. It feels like eternity since the last update.
12. jinxed (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
temme about it!.. but i think wid sony's history..this update will b d last one 4 our dear S.
5. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
hope it gets 4.2 quickly as well, this phone deserves photosphere.
6. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 993; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I find it funny when HTC launched Jellybean for the One X some months ago everyone was like "OMG, so late!! HTC SUCKS!" But now Sony is even latter and everything is alright.
7. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 451; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
"OMG, so late!! HTC SUCKS!"
Well I guess that is the opinions of HTC owners.
As for Xperia owners, yes, we can sometimes "hate" Sony for being late but at least they try to bring the latest OS.
9. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 993; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Nah, mostly Samsung fanboys are the ones that bash HTC.
8. SonyFan (Posts: 22; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
Sony is bringing updates late, but with NO bugs.
so that the update is perfect
10. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Thats because HTC promised Jelly bean, the xperia s was considered a dead device and nobody expected an update.
14. jinxed (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
I agree Sony is late, but they always compensate it by bringing sumthin beautiful in their UI
16. kareemshalaby (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
i love sony and i love my xperia s :D amazing smartphone