Leaked screenshots reveal a possible upcoming huge Android redesign
0. phoneArena 14 Apr 2014, 03:50 posted on
Android might be up for a massive redesign with icons in the system taking a swing towards the flatter visuals of Google’s web visual identity…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. NotAGeek (Posts: 279; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Kinda reminds me to the mianogen icon pack...
28. rihel_95 (Posts: 301; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Maps and Play Store looks ugly, in my opinion.
30. latido (Posts: 45; Member since: 31 May 2012)
If true,then google icon more uglier than before.. see the middle one. I think it much better.
34. cheetah2k (Posts: 1583; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Need animated icons.... They were promised back in the Gingerbread days..
4. WillieFDiaz (Posts: 120; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Google was going to a flat design long ago, not all of it moved instantly or directly, its still a process, but it started long before Apple did it if that is what you're implying.
9. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
The current icons are already great. Lucky there are icon packs and nova launchers.
10. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
This one is far uglier than current one. Right.
5. tech2 (Posts: 3466; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
How is that design flat ? Infact they are using shadows to the icons which is make it look almost opposite to flat.
3. WillieFDiaz (Posts: 120; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Kinda like the web versions more than the Android versions but if Google wants to change them to newer versions, I am okay with these ones.
25. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I think google is goin to merge android with chrome OS...
Recent leaks showed that chrome apps are coming to android...and sundar pichai being the chrome head also makes sense....
6. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
come on Google give us android 5..... it seems like we are on android 4 from long time..... and by Android 5 I mean something new like ice cream sandwich was to gingerbread....
7. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
I like the changes. Here's hoping the changes provide a more consistent look throughout the UI.
11. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
When is Google gonna give us icons that are a universal size and shape? I truley hate the mix of different shaped and sized icons. Come on Google, get with the times please!
19. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Then go to iOS or buy an icon pack. I hate the uniformity of iOS icons.
13. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I would like to know the defination of flat design PA coz this one is by no means flat.
24. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Yeah!! That is what I was thinking..
How in the earth this is flat??
40. NoFanboy (Posts: 299; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Compared to the current icons they look really flat.
15. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
i cant accept that, clearly seen the pixel !
16. Karriope (Posts: 97; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Remember how the late 90s thought bevels were the coolest? Those were the days...
Given the name Android I'd still prefer a more futurotouch but this is fine.
17. Loubielou (Posts: 509; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
On Play Store you pick any icons you want to use on your Smartphone,as i use Stamped Black,an if you download icon Changer you can Chose the icon you want to Use on the Applications you have on Your Smartphone,as the ones you have on the Applications can be Either To Big or to Colourful on your phone
29. Cicero (Posts: 879; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
The beauty of android. You can choose what you like!
20. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
So everyone wants to be like HTC, isn't that funny
21. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
I don't hate it but the current icons really don't need to be changed. I change my wallpaper and launcher settings almost daily but I pretty much never use an icon pack.
22. DrSchlotkin (Posts: 7; Member since: 17 Apr 2013)
Since when does a new icon pack constitue a "huge Android redesign"? To me, a redesign is when something performs fundamentally differently than the previous version. Could Android use a more consistent design language, sure. But, I still wouldn't call visual unification a "redesign".