Leaked press shot of new HTC One (2014) flip covers show off a trio of color options
0. phoneArena 09 Mar 2014, 01:01 posted on
On Saturday, we showed you an image of a new fangled flip cover designed for the HTC One (2014). The cover uses what might be small holes in the cover, and certain lighting from the touchscreen inside, to make an LED-style display showing the time and the weather. Based on a brand new tweet sent out by master leaker evleaks, the case will be available in dark blue, orange, and aquamarine...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 158; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
I think this phone is the most leaked device before announcement! We know what it looks like, it's covers, walk through and different color. I'm surprised that we haven't seen any photo taken by this unlike oppo find 7 (I think that the name of it)
14. SageoftheSouth (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
With all the leaks at least there won't be mass disappointment with grand expectations like other phones. Our expectation has been set.
24. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Yeah, right. You're new to these parts, so you probably haven't figured it out yet. This is Phone Arena. People will ALWAYS find a reason to complain.
20. Lyotek (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
More all Android deals here goo.gl/uoAp8G if someone is interested
2. Carlitos (Posts: 500; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Unless it's Oled. Technology HTC is running a risk with battery life I think.
5. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Good point. If this is IPS, it's silent battery killer.
15. papss (unregistered)
I personally prefer ips to oled but I'm sure they will have an answer to the battery life.
8. vincelongman (Posts: 4106; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
It might not actually be powererd by the display
The Alcatel One Touch Hero also had a cover like this, it had little LEDs in the cover. Alcatel also had an e-ink version as well.
11. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
You think this will be on like forever? No I am pretty sure you will hit the power button for the screen to turn on and have this work. And then hit the power button again to make the screen black. Problem solved.
Its great for these kind of flip covers.
13. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
That's not the display... The cover has lights in it.
16. papss (unregistered)
I was thinking the same thing actually. Love the idea but not the colors. Black would look great though.. Like a lite brite
4. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 413; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I really like these! I'm still skeptical about the phone, but I'm really into the covers
9. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 897; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
You're still skeptical about the phone? Even the leaked All New One pictures from evleaks are still can't convince you?
6. Dthawk (Posts: 42; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
I'm nervous that the iphone 6 may come out with a sapphire glass display, while HTC and samsung are selling these tacky flap covers. God!
7. vincelongman (Posts: 4106; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Sapphire glass will be easier to shatter if dropped as its more brittle.
Also there's video of Apple's sapphire glass being scratched by steel knife, which Gorilla glass isn't scratched by.
12. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
sapphire glass can still shatter man. Its just more scratch resistant but if you drop it, it will shatter like any other glass. And why do you think people buy an case? Its for protection from drops and scratches. very few people actually have it bare naked just for the looks. Thats why there are so many cases for any models now a days.
Ohh.. do you think this will be the ONLY case for HTC One 2? There will be at least 100 really good looking cases in case you don't like this one buddy.
18. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
What's so great about sapphire displays, other than that they cost 10x more and have the word "sapphire" in them?
10. nazyr1803 (Posts: 91; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
come on baby!! release it and it will be a big hit!! even though there are many leaks about this phone, but still it will have a great improvement
17. newbey123 (Posts: 554; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
The case looks awesome. However, the one is just too much beauty and beast to cover up. Might get it and put it on when I think I might be in situation where it could get damaged and then take it back off
19. gilbert1029 (Posts: 14; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
It's suprising there has been so Much leaks but we don't know the exact camera specs, processors specs, or the amount of ram.
21. cai4651 (Posts: 26; Member since: 09 Mar 2014)
so... s5 is Ugly and this looks good? LOL x 100
22. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
You compare a phone to a case. Thats whats lol. But I am not loling. I am just thinking how stupid your comment was.
25. cai4651 (Posts: 26; Member since: 09 Mar 2014)
I compare two ugly things... thats Lol. You are the stupid here....lol
27. limporgyuk (Posts: 273; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
This phone keeps giving me boners, I have to keep looking at the S5 to get flacid again.