Leaked press image hints Samsung Galaxy S III announcement May 22
1. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
What it is gonna be like? As always, way better than the small fat iPhone. Looks great.
14. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Few things to note here:
First, Weber Shandwick is a reputed PR firm. They have worked for Samsung in past (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weber_Shandwick). From what I read, they represent Samsung in Germany.
The date -- 22nd May is around the same time when the torch relay will be held. I think it starts on May 20. Samsung is the major sponsor for this Olympics. Perfect time for Samsung to gain attention of the world!
The photo looks like to have been taken from a screen/monitor. It shows those usual jaded lines.
There is some area in top-right where the "photo" seems to show black background. It's as if whoever took the photo covered more area and then deleted rest of the photo. This shows (http://i.imgur.com/6QpN4.jpg) dual speakers. If it's fake, somebody went through a lot of pain to actually do this.
Normally all fakes are made too elegantly or just too good to be true. This on other hand looks "different".
27. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Last link invalid..
35. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
They keep deleting my uploads:
46. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
That looks like it could be the edge of the monitor...
30. DrewMonroe (Posts: 21; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
you make me so excited about the phone. crossing my fingers it's real =)
38. Omfgwaffles (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Mhm looks a little bit too much like the Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.2 (http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-GALAXY-S-WiFi-4.2_id6968)...though you never know, guess we'll have to be patient
26. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
looks awesome but definately fake. no front speaker grill ?
33. Nathan (Posts: 85; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
I saw a higher resolution photo at Phonedog and the speaker grill is in the silver part.
36. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
okay. thanx a lot
2. audiblenarcotic (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I'm pretty happy with the way that the design looks from this shot. Seems like they are able to get a larger screen into the phone without added bulk to the whole body by slimming down the bezel. i've been hanging onto my HTC EVO for quite a while now, but this is surely going to be a must by on my list provided that the internal specs are up to par with what we all seem to think they will be.
4. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
omg good desing but ui quite similar
22. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
UI won't change. Unless OEMs quit covering up the stock ICS.
39. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Well, the good news is that ICS requires that the base UI stay installed at all times, so manufacturer UI's pretty much just sit on top of that. Hopefully that means they are easier to remove and more consistent with the updates.
5. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Looks awesome, if it packs the right hardware i'm definitely going to buy it.
6. Chronos (Posts: 258; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
On-screen buttons would have been much, much better than a simple home button. I do like the exterior of the phone, although I do wish the picture showed it in black/gray.
40. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
All of the european versions have had the large home button, so its a design consistency. I doubt the American versions will keep it as none of them have.
Also, i get irritated at the notion that apple some how has a lock on a large center button. Samsung and others have been doing that since the ol flip phone days long before the iphone was a glimmer in Jobs eye.
7. SleepingOz (unregistered)
It looks like a photoshopped version of the new Galaxy Wifi 4.2.
10. 0o0blackstar0o0 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
OMG it is too! 4sure that's what it is !
17. skaar18 (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
look at clients.
samsung is listed. the person how made this at least put some effort in to making it. it does not mean that this is real. but it gives some weight to the argument... By the way i think the phone on the picture looks like the wifi 4.2... but i really hope it is real
50. BuckeyeCadet86 (Posts: 78; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
There is no earpiece grill, on the Galaxy Wifi you don't need it, on a phone you do. This is a fake, a good fake, but a fake
8. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i just hope it will dominant as much as iPhone 5 will :)
people are very stupid, they buy iphone, blinded by apple :S
11. dawolf (Posts: 23; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
why is the power button so low on the phone. not practical, probably fake.
45. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Are you talking about left image or right? If you look closely at the one on the left you can see the power button icon for at the top and a camera for the bottom. On the right image that large button on the left side looks like the volume. Thats what i think anyway. But I am getting this beast for sure.
12. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Great Android Phone! A must buy for hardcore fans :D
13. Devansh.cool2 (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Mar 2011)
yeah man! I am getting this one for sure :)