Leaked pictures of Windows Phone Amber update on Nokia Lumia 925
0. phoneArena 29 May 2013, 06:04 posted on
A published report out of China shows the Nokia Lumia 925 powered by the Windows Phone Amber update; screenshots of the recently unveiled device show the on screen clock that displays the time even when the phone is 'sleeping'. Another picture shows the FM radio that will be on most of the updated models, and a settings screen where color saturation and color temperature can be set by the user...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I'm not hating its just the lock screen looks worst.....but the data control is pretty good....and please can someone make windows phone 8 available for rooting! That is why I'm going back to android on my update!
5. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
While i really dislike a huge "slide to unlock" bar in some androids and iPhones either. Up to personal taste. WP's lockscreen can be either your own photos or an app displaying updates, not a bad thing.
7. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Yeh I agree I just find it boring....personal view...
29. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
You are a Nokia hater. Go away. Hushhhhhhhh!
31. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hahaha next time we are on a samsung article I'll say the same to you then....lol
38. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
I don't care.
24. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
and what would you root? or are you another wanna-be power user?
35. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hahaha you think the only people who root and jailbreak are power users...mate you clearly don't know much!
28. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 352; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
I think wp lockscreen is more customizable...
34. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Install widgetlocker...then you will see customization!
42. SleepingOz (unregistered)
These guys don't know what Widget Locker is, they don't even have the choice to replace their lockscreen! Lol also WL is not really needed on 4.2.
30. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
You look even more worse than Galaxy S4.
33. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Ohhh look if it isn't thebittertruth insulting samsung...no need for it...not funny...now gtfo and how the hell you know what I look like...stalker?
37. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
I will not gtfo, period.
2. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 215; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Once full HD resolution comes on Windows, Nokia phones are gonna rock. Nokia has always made the best hardware.
32. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Haters are rightfully thumbing you down. Rightfully.
P.S I have thumped up :D
40. sniper1087 (Posts: 408; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
while I agree, there is also the need for more apps, and with higher resolution, they need to make the apps work with the higher res, and depends on developers in making the effort, the hardware is good on nokia phones, and their cameras are great, the only issue I have is with a market share of only 3% most developers dont make apps for WP8, and dont get me wrong I like WP8, but is something Microsoft needs to address otherwise it will never take of.
18. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I don't know, I haven't decided yet. :)
20. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Btw I'm thinking of upgrading to the Xperia z I don't want to get into the argument of s4 vs one....I hear you have it....is it worth?
21. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Well, I used the Xperia Z for three months and it is giving me problems, the phone froze, it's not responding, so I restart it, and it can't boot up any more, it stuck at the Sony logo. So, I take it to the service centre, after few days, they said the phone is okay already, when they gave me the phone, I used it for a while, the problem continues, a notification keep popping up, and they said it's the problem of the motherboard, they need to send the phone back to the factory again. I'm gonna sell it when the phone is fixed.
(sigh) So, I don't recommend this phone.
22. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hmmmm that's a shame....that strange! It looks like I'm going to have to wait for the note 3 then or the Optimus g2
26. SleepingOz (unregistered)
If you like the XZ, don't mind its 2012 specs and live in europe, go for the Oppo find 5!
Flash CM10.1 or PA on it! Trust me, you won't regret!
36. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Ohh yeh how I forget the oppo find 5! Is it out in the UK yet because I haven't seen it?
39. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Wait for Optimus G2 or HTC One+. Personal opinion.
8. Jason2k13 (Posts: 657; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
"The update will also allow users to select an option that will allow them to flip the phone and place it face down on a table to silence the ringer"
umm im pretty sure the S3 does that to, but it doesn't matter only samsung copies.
13. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I really miss that feature from my Lumia 900!
Would be epic if that comes to my Lumia 920!
15. alterecho (Posts: 1091; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
So does the old Nokia Symbian phones. It is also used to silence alarms in Symbian.
11. darkskoliro (Posts: 994; Member since: 07 May 2012)
How much is windows paying PA...did it just switch places with another story to be at the top??
16. rahulz (Posts: 117; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
"recently unveiled device show the on screen clock that displays the time even when the phone is 'sleeping'."
i think that's a cool idea.
19. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
nokia really working hard indeed