Leaked pictures of Apple iPhone 5S home button show no fingerprint scanner
0. phoneArena posted on 22 Mar 2013, 13:48
Leaked pictures of what is alleged to be the home button for the Apple iPhone 5S shows some resemblance to the part used on the Apple iPhone 5, but has different connectors and circuitry with a serial number close to the part used onthe iPhone 5, there is a good chance that is happens to be the legitimate home button for the next Apple smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. Nathan_ingx posted on 22 Mar 2013, 14:01 14 11
I mean the Atrix had it...
I hope Apple don't term this innovation when it's improvised in a device.
31. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 19:29 10 3
Do you enjoy talking to yourself?
32. TROLL posted on 22 Mar 2013, 20:09 3 1
Posting after a long time......?!
41. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 23 Mar 2013, 15:57 0 0
11. lyndon420 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 14:50 5 4
You can bet your arse they will. Hope to god Moto had the common sense to patent the concept of putting a scanner into a phone already though.
17. Droid_X_Doug posted on 22 Mar 2013, 15:36 2 2
"Hope to god Moto had the common sense to patent the concept of putting a scanner into a phone already though."
That might be the reason for no home button scanner on the iP5S....
20. Nathan_ingx posted on 22 Mar 2013, 16:00 2 2
You know, i think patents should be a hidden resource until someone uses it and the OEM that patented the 'invention' goes boom! "I'm suing you".
That should be a fun game to watch...
2. Topcat488 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 13:55 2 8
Finger prints as security is not secure anyway.... It was used in a hospital, and was compromised using a silicone mode of a finger print. One Doctor was signing all his fellow Doctors in and got caught, cos someone saw him...
7. jphillips63 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 14:17 6 5
What did you guys expect from apple? Surely not something revolutionary..... All the 5s will be is again a minimum update with all its security flaws that they can't even get updates to fix.
9. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 22 Mar 2013, 14:28 3 4
1 "killer" feature scratched off the list. Will their own music service be ready in time? What "killer" feature do they have up their sleeves?
Maybe Apple is getting back to their roots and keeping the entire phone locked down in secrecy instead of the massive leaks we saw with the 5 model. They need the secrecy to build the buzz, not many people are expecting much with the 5S beyond incremental bumps to the 5 model.
13. Rydsmith posted on 22 Mar 2013, 15:03 4 2
It will have Apple Maps, that's revolutionary enough for me.
10. InspectorGadget80 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 14:48 2 4
Then purchasing that company was a wast of money too Apple plus it's not even real news the home button is still the same. at least i have my finger sensor on my Atrix.
12. lovenyc8 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 15:02 3 3
when is this apple going to get rid of the home botton in 10 years?
14. androidsucksass (banned) posted on 22 Mar 2013, 15:05 2 8
Once they do ... Samsung, will surely follow ..... Samsung sucks ...Android sucks ....wp8 sucks.... bb10 should die.... Long Live the iPhone .... The Greatest phone and software
23. PapaSmurf posted on 22 Mar 2013, 16:46 6 0
You do know the Galaxy Nexus by Samsung features on screen keys right?
39. chadrick0814 posted on 23 Mar 2013, 15:14 0 0
You do know Samsung had the home button before Apple, right......Apple followed Samsung.
36. GadgetsMcGoo posted on 23 Mar 2013, 11:48 1 0
That will surely suck for those stores that have been making a living off replacing iphone home buttons. :( It will surely be a sad day for all those families.
15. Android4u posted on 22 Mar 2013, 15:12 6 3
Lmao...your funny bro...android and wp8 smash on ios. .but hey my 12 yr old sister thinks it's the greatest ever too lol
16. shamataa posted on 22 Mar 2013, 15:25 1 5
finger scanning isn't that of a good idea of it anyways, Plus talkes longer to use the phone and i knew it wasen't going to be in their phones anyways.
18. timtimity posted on 22 Mar 2013, 15:38 3 1
I'm happy with a pin number/pattern. A finger print scanner on a phone seems very gimmicky to me. It's an unnecessary solution to a problem that already has a solution.
19. gallitoking posted on 22 Mar 2013, 15:57 0 9
don't see the big fuzz about this.. so what if it was on the Atrix.. the S4 is using eye scrolling that is already on LG devices... and not one of you haters said anything..
21. kozza3 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 16:16 1 0
i remember the scanner being off to the right of the home button in the patent
22. andro. posted on 22 Mar 2013, 16:20 5 0
This is a massive surprise for ifans,there will be more massive surprises in store when its leaked that the iPhone 5s doesn't have a projector keyboard,pico screen projector and some other such resolutionary features. Its just gonna be an iPhone 5 with a better camera and updated processor all wrapped in an Apple ribbon and bow emblazoned with the words "wow" "amazing" and "new"!
27. PhoneArenaUser posted on 22 Mar 2013, 18:21 6 1
S4 and S3 apart design similarities are totally different devices, so get some new trolling ideas.
28. gallitoking posted on 22 Mar 2013, 18:31 1 6
so did the ip4 and the ip4S, but that didnt stop your trolling..
29. PhoneArenaUser posted on 22 Mar 2013, 18:50 5 1
Between Samsung Galaxy S4 and S3 is more and greater differences than between IPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. :P
30. TROLL posted on 22 Mar 2013, 19:24 3 0
It resembles part of S3 and Note2. So it's not like iP4/iP4s.
Surely for definite the iP5 and iP5s will be exactly the imitation!
It's funny and not right at least at the real panel of the iPhone should state iP5 16/32/64 GB! But no. How will anyone know if its the 5/5s what a joke!
25. wando77 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 17:09 0 0
I think it will have a scanner. I also think that Apple are making there lock screen by passable on purpose so that people think they need the scanner when it arrives
26. bubbadoes posted on 22 Mar 2013, 17:11 2 1
This is the wow factor apple has for the iphone 5s. Let me be your crystal ball(a7 processor, improved camera and new home button for fingerprint which will probably have hundreds of security flaws at launch and throughout the life of the 5s
34. ArtSim98 posted on 23 Mar 2013, 05:52 0 0
Even if the iPhone 5S/6 will get a fingerprint reader, it wouldn't be a new thing. In Japan the Fujitsu Arrows X F-02E already has one.
Apple will never get back to the top. Only some stupid fashion people might buy iPhone just to have an iPhone.
35. WakaFlakaD posted on 23 Mar 2013, 06:54 0 0
Old trick still works. That's the iconic button of the iPhone. Staying the same is good. Who says having new tricks everytime is what everyone want.
37. GadgetsMcGoo posted on 23 Mar 2013, 11:51 0 0
So then iPhone5s will only be an iBump and iSpec....
38. ncv144 posted on 23 Mar 2013, 15:02 0 2
I think the iPhone 6/5s will have a major redesign since thats whats happened every 3 years with iPhone (iPhone, iPhone3G & iPhone 3Gs all similar, iPhone 4, 4s & 5 all similar, so the 6/5s should have a new design
43. alanaldo posted on 26 Mar 2013, 14:01 2 0
boringg same lame design.. same lame ios ..who cares!?
44. aveaphane posted on 28 Mar 2013, 05:42 0 0
apple always disappoints .. its just the pricetag why people buy the iphone
46. poping posted on 05 Apr 2013, 13:52 1 0
it's 2013 and still no bt/wifi-direct/nfc file sharing? no widgets? no customization? wth...!
47. ap1989 posted on 09 Apr 2013, 21:32 0 0
this probably just a iphone 5 button. 5s gonna be the same design as 5 watch