Leaked picture reveals new BlackBerry 10 Alpha Developer's phone
not the model that you will be considering a purchase of later this year. The phones being handed out to developers will not have the same looks and navigation as the finished consumer product will have. The first BlackBerry 10 model is expected to be called the BlackBerry London and is due out later this year. A picture, allegedly of the device, has already been leaked.
The BlackBerry 10 OS is based on the QNX OS that RIM uses on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. Originally the smartphone OS was called BBX until RIM found out that another company called Basis was using that name and changed the moniker of its new OS to BlackBerry 10. Now, RIM starts on the most important journey in company history by giving developers a head start on using BlackBerry 10. A few days ago, we showed you leaked photos of what is claimed to be the packaging for the BlackBerry London.
1. skymitch89 posted on 30 Apr 2012, 12:53 13 3
I spy with my little eyes a lawsuite coming from Apple if this phone is released. Apple will more than likely say something along the lines of "it's form factor and camera & flash positioning are too similar to those of the iPhone 4 & 4S."
7. joseg81 posted on 30 Apr 2012, 13:49 3 0
i gotta agree. the top pic not so much so but the bottom ones definitely.
9. theBankRobber posted on 30 Apr 2012, 13:55 2 0
Well this kind of style of phone is considered a Candy Bar style, most phones are so they can't sue over form factor because Apple doesn't own the patent .
17. dZW posted on 30 Apr 2012, 18:12 0 0
"Regardless if you hate or approve of the design, this is not the model that you will be considering a purchase of later this year." please read before you post.
2. Atrixboyyy posted on 30 Apr 2012, 13:02 3 0
Yea I agree but it basically is a mini Playbook nearly same placement for everything
3. CharlieAtInfinity posted on 30 Apr 2012, 13:06 2 5
IDK about you guys but when i look at it it looks like an iPhone 4s!
21. metoyou posted on 01 May 2012, 04:07 0 1
I think you look a lot more like iphone than this mini BlackBerry PlayBook
5. andrew1953 posted on 30 Apr 2012, 13:25 4 0
The hardware isn't as importaant as the Softwarem Most smartphones will have a candybar appearance and have a 4" plus screen. Personally I am much more interested in the software and how the device worKs as opposed to its appearance.
6. snowgator posted on 30 Apr 2012, 13:41 3 1
Totally agree. The write up says it is a developers version only. Hope this sparks some excitment. Hate to see RIM go away. I think they still have something to offer the mobile world.
8. KingKurogiii posted on 30 Apr 2012, 13:53 1 0
yeah, that's not a matte black iPhone 4/4S or anything... xD
10. BBGrind posted on 30 Apr 2012, 13:59 0 0
I actually love how simple it look, that mean it will be easier ro make cases for it and will have more options. once the software in as good and even better than the PLAYBOOK, RIM will pull it off and be around much longer.
12. Roomaku posted on 30 Apr 2012, 14:54 0 0
Looks like the motorola triumph! Hope it's awesome.
14. kg4icg posted on 30 Apr 2012, 15:05 1 0
Definately looks like a smaller size playbook even the button placement and usb and hdmi and dock ports are the same, just the camera placement is different. Typing this from a playbook.
15. BBGrind posted on 30 Apr 2012, 15:16 1 0
Love it, what they need to do is have removable battries and optional slide out keyboard and that will go a long way.
16. GeekMovement posted on 30 Apr 2012, 17:02 0 0
i can't wait to see blackberry's final product!
19. JcHnd posted on 30 Apr 2012, 19:42 0 0
Looks cool actually, but too iphone4'ish... at least they decided to change designs... finally!
20. Mr.Best posted on 01 May 2012, 03:21 0 1
It has a form factor like the Galaxy S2 actually.
22. grif_ posted on 01 May 2012, 04:13 0 0
why would apple sue them for the units they're giving to developers. and it won't even be the final look of the phone.