Leaked pics claim to be the iPhone 5S with curved display
0. phoneArena 04 Apr 2013, 23:40 posted on
Okay, let's just get it out of the way right from the start: we are very doubtful that these images are legit, so we'd rather tackle this from a "would you be happy if it turned out to be real?" type of perspective. A couple of pics have come out that claim to be the iPhone 5S, although to us it looks more like a black Nokia Lumia 920 complete with a curved display...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. Johnnokia (Posts: 561; Member since: 27 May 2012)
It even looks so ugly. But I so doubt they would change the design
36. doejon (Posts: 360; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
hahaha if this device is the real iphone i hope the other will
sue apple for the sharp corners
26. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Just look at the shadow below. Totally fake render.
2. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Damn. That's the ugliest concept for a phone that I've seen. That curved back looks so much better on the lumia!
3. Xolar (Posts: 57; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
it's ugly! but the good thing is that they are redesigning iOS!
hooray for that
4. fistigons (Posts: 263; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
So this is what a Lumia and iPhone baby would look like.
10. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Not even. The iPhone's genes brought out the worse of this fake photo
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
THIS THING SUCKS!
12. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Seriously is everything that is Apple sucks to you? It's most definitely a fake but c'mon give phones a chance, don't judge because its Apple. Thats just dumb and narrow minded. The Nokia Lumia's have curved displays, OH NO, that means they "SUCK".
13. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Maybe your not that smartphone open minded person I thought you were.
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Dude, I know this will be fake, and you know why I said this thing sucks? Not because its Apple, don't forget, just look at it's back, its curved, remember Sony phones have curved back, and curved display is from Samsung. Why Apple likes to sue, because Apple thinks that other manufacturers copied the design from them. Now, iPhone with curved display and back, you know Sony and Samsung can sue Apple for that.
I'm a smartphone open minded person, I respect every smartphone manufacturers, and I don't hate Apple, I just don't like them. :(
23. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
:/ Everything you say seems to be blatantly negative.
15. jphillips63 (Posts: 185; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
damn what do you think the Iphone is? Honestly it's an Ipod with a radio installed. Apple really does have folks brainwashed.
25. quakan (Posts: 1223; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Same could be said about Android phones if you took the radio out too.
57. bobolicious (Posts: 19; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
iphone makes you buy special cords and special things that only work on apple products, as well as other things like not being able to change sd cards or battery, Not to mention the high price when they come out. And those are just some of the reasons why people dislike apple. most android phones are interchaingeable as in chargers, you can remove the batteries, sd cards ect... ect... 90% of the apps are FREE the list goes on and on. Thats my personal reasons why i like android better.
9. JC557 (Posts: 1164; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
So it appears they are trying to turn their 5th gen iPod Nano into a phone... using a curved display innovated by someone else. Of course this is most likely fake.
14. Gsmalltheway (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Aug 2009)
totally looks like a lumia 920 and a sony ion had a baby
16. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
I find it funny how people are looking forward to the new iOS redesign,
Look at how the great redesigned iPhone5 looks LOL
" Its longer, ohh, ahh"
20. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Yes apple release this, I want to see your stock fall even more. With its new "720p" screen and "super fast" 1.5ghz dual core cpu. Don't forget more copies of android stuff like live backgrounds or something like photosphere.
21. lilg29 (Posts: 89; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
I wouldn't even consider getting an iphone if it looked that ugly...
22. DeathR34PER (Posts: 18; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Kinda stupid if this is the idea that Apple is doing really, just ruining the idea from iPod Nano 4th/5th Generations...
28. wendygarett (unregistered)
Fake and fugly
30. kirholstov (Posts: 137; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
It might be just iphone 6 concept. Companies make a lot of concepts before releasing a product
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 12624; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Fake pic, I've seen the 5S, it has a 2.7 inch screen, even larger home button, comes in one color lime...
34. samsproul (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
if they are going with a Matte, "Flat" iOS then shouldn't they be going the other way?
squarer, more thin?
35. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
So this is what you ppl do when you run out of ideas make up fake iphone story...
37. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
i liked that... its make the phone more thin (the shape) its look really light wieght and its really nice like most od the apple producs (not iphone)
and no home bottom thats a good thing
38. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Wtf. So now apple is copying htc with curved designa. Soon we will see cuved will be patented & again another law suit. & the phone is ugly
40. maier9900 (Posts: 272; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
No HOME Button ???????????????????????????...
41. McLTE (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
So let me get this straight.. All I need to do to get a story on one of the most popular phone tech websites is to put together a blatantly fake image of an iphone and call it the next version?
I could see this as an April Fools joke, but as a legit story? What a waste of time for whoever had to type/proofread/submit this..
42. jb4674 (Posts: 141; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
What a piece of junk. I'm going to throw my old iphone away as soon as I can afford a sony Xperia ZL. I'm sick of Apple and all of its restrictions.
46. poping (unregistered)
it's as ugly as the L920
47. scsa852k (Posts: 303; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Steve Jobs will dig himself out of the ground if Apple releases that phone.
51. Piotrek007 (Posts: 81; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Fake as hell !! This is iPod nano 5th G desing...
54. RomeoJDR (Posts: 242; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Looks like an old Nano. When has Apple ever released a new physical design for an "S" model upgrade?