Leaked pic shows wooden backs that are coming to the Moto X "very soon"
0. phoneArena 06 Dec 2013, 21:36 posted on
The general talk regarding the wooden options for the backplate of the Moto X has been that the choices would be coming to Moto Maker by the end of the year. In his interview with Marques Brownlee earlier today, Motorola CEO Dennis Woodside said that new material options would be "very soon"; and now, Evleaks has a new picture for us...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 953; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
I just can not imagine owning a phone with a wooden back. Scratces, rain will probably fare better with ABS and a metal frame....in my opinion.
5. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I would imagine the wood has some type of coat on it to make it water resistant and feel like plastic.
8. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 953; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
i HOPE SO, BECAUSE THE WOOD DOES LOOK NICE!
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 1947; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
"The silly exclusivity options should be done at this point."
Thank you, Michael.
The wooden back looks beautiful. I really hope it comes to all carriers too.
3. KillgoreTrout (Posts: 53; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I ended up geting an LG G2. I just couldn't wait 3+ months for these to come out. If they end up being successfull, I will definately consider a wooden backed phone as my next one. I think they look great and they probably would feel great to. A part wooden phone sounds like a great idea to me.
4. sprockkets (Posts: 1581; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Nothing quite like a classy rosewood back to be marred by a telephone company logo.
Screw that, I'll get a Moto G.
6. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
After the phone reached its peak Moto cannot seriously hope this will give it a second wind
7. taikucing (unregistered)
is it made from original wood?
11. joeyhalls (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
Funny comment, although in all truth they are only using reclaimed and recycled wood :-)
10. joeyhalls (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
Actually, as one who has used Moto Maker, it says on the final screen that actual product shipped will have carrier logo on the back. So in other words minus the Dev units (and possibly t-mobile units) all backs pretty much have a logo. This is Simply the largest network in the US so it makes sense to put their logo front and center.
13. KillgoreTrout (Posts: 53; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I wish we as Verizon or (insert other company here) users could vote on the whole logo thing. Has anyone in the history of cellphones looked at the back of one and immediatly been impressed about what company sold the damn thing. We need to make a "life without logos" petition.
12. greenmunky (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
I'll just wait for them to come available on Ebay and swap mine out.