Leaked photos allegedly show Retina display Apple iPad mini 2 with color options
0. phoneArena 21 Feb 2013, 18:31 posted on
Leaked pictures from a Chinese forum show what is allegedly the next version of the Apple iPad mini and the blue colored Apple logo on back could indicate that Apple plans on offering a selection of different colors similar to the colors used for the 5th generation Apple iPod Touch; some of the pictures show a thicker tablet which could mean that it will be equipped with a Retina display...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7683; Member since: 14 May 2012)
$349 if anything, but I get your sarcasm.
5. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1146; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Why would Apple want to sale a $349 mini with the same resolution as it's big brother at $499? Haven't you looked at the stock prices lately? I see it between $400 to $500 dollars just because their hurting the 9.7" model at the $329 starting price.
26. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
willl buy it only if its less than 350$ or else its better buying a ipad 3 refurbished one for 399$
34. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Sad thing is I was serious :(
If the rumors are true and having "retina" display increases apples costs by 30%, expect the cost of an entry level mini to be at least $450
24. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
It's $570 in my country for the base wifi and 16gb version,
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7683; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I would def. buy an iPad Mini if it had a Retina display at the same price with a A6X chip. This would be the first thing I would buy from Apple since 2006 (iPod Classic 30GB).
7. Aeires (unregistered)
Only if iOS7 was a total rebuild, and then it'd still be a maybe.
16. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
agree if ios7 is a huge improvement then i can see myself getting the new mini
8. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Different colors to choose from!?!?!?!?!?!?! zOMG this is a total game-changer!!!!!!!!!!!!
20. hepresearch (unregistered)
Apple takes a page out of Nokia's play book? Creepy...
32. Gdrye (Posts: 101; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
u got to be kidding me...nokia playbook there were color options on ipods for a while now, not saying apple invented the color devices, but they sure to pretty much have a history with it as anyone else
33. hepresearch (unregistered)
9. mas11 (Posts: 1028; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
As long as people are willing to overspend Apple will continue to make up crazy prices. The iPad mini should be no more than $249 imho.
21. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5556; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
even $299 would be acceptable being that it's so well made but it would also have to be more than a recycled iPad 2 which it isn't.
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6219; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Why is color options such big news? they just spray paint it u can do that at home too
13. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Spray paint, bluff, clear coat, then wax. Way more complex LOL ;)
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 10373; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Should b another great device. Solid and fluid.
17. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
agree hardware and fluidity wise it will be awesome, just hope ios 7 is a huge improvement and not imo a small update like ios 6...for me i want to be able to set my own default apps and just drag and drop files instead of having to sync everything...for me those 2 are the most important
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 10373; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm with u on that. After the ribbing apples taken this past year, it should b a big update. I think it will b
14. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I have a feeling Apple would never have a blue logo like that.
It just doesn't look right.
18. nikenturd (unregistered)
This will be a good compliment to my Note 2....hope its well within the $329 range
23. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i personally loved the form factor of the mini but it's an ipad and therefor useless to me
29. BigBoss10 (Posts: 220; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)