Leaked photo shows fingerprint scanner on Apple iPhone 5S
0. phoneArena 03 Sep 2013, 17:49 posted on
With the official introduction of the Apple iPhone 5S and Apple iPhone 5C expected a week from today, about the only mystery left is whether or not the oft-rumored fingerprint sensor will be inside the home button of the next iteration of the full-priced iPhone; earlier on Tuesday, we showed you a picture of the new home button for the Apple iPhone 5S that is supposed to have the fingerprint sensor contained within it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sauce (unregistered)
7. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
This thing isn't going to perform or work as well as everyone thinks it will. I'm guessing most people are going to disable it because of the high failure rate.
We use finger scanners at work to clock in and out, they fail about 30% of the time and we have to rescan our fingers, which can be annoying if you have to do it over and over on your phone.
Just my opinion...
22. clevername (Posts: 1431; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
ha! that's funny that you think apple will allow it to be disabled.
2. JGuinan007 (Posts: 641; Member since: 19 May 2011)
NO one has done that b4 Apple, I wonder if they will sue Samsung and HTC for stealing this idea too.
4. Birds (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Yep it did. And the LG Expo...lets not forget that beauty too advanced for it's time.
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6743; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
My Atrix 4g had it was the only reason I bought this phone.
6. ardent1 (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
You need to work on your sarcasm.
They had fingerprinter scanners on laptops before moving to smartphones. These scanners are a failure since your prints already covered the device, e.g. it was too easy to make a copy of your prints.
Would be interested in seeing how Apple overcame this hurdle.
20. amiaq (Posts: 500; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
No way!! It was Apple who create FINGERPRINT!!. How about that?
25. fatTony (Posts: 28; Member since: 20 Dec 2012)
I hope you're being sarcastic about this because if you're old enough to remember Pocket PCs, you'd know that they've been on phones for a long time now.
Look up the Toshiba G900, the HP iPAQ Pocket PC h5400 or h5500.
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 12730; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Hope they come out on the 20th. I get hitched the next day.
14. kozza3 (Posts: 575; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
congrats but what difference does it make? you wont be able to get one before?
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 12730; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Why not? All I gotta do is go early friday morning. That what I always do, and always leave with one. Thanx too...
8. xosman (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Dont forget they get tested alot so it cant fail...
12. hellonerds (Posts: 265; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
someone steals the iphone and they already have their prints all over it.. dust it and copies the fingerprint and unlocks it.. maybe this is for mostly unlocking the phone because apple cant secure the lock screen is always getting bypass
15. nctx77 (Posts: 578; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
@hellonerds: dude you are thinking way to hard. Would you be saying all of this if the galaxy note was getting a scanner? NOPE! Your just jealous. Have fun with your galaxy device with no major changes other than spec bumps. Name one major addition to the galaxy line. It's the same phone with a snapdragon 800 chip and a camara bump.
17. jb4674 (Posts: 141; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Another Apple gimmick that's destined to fail.
18. downphoenix (Posts: 2424; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I dont really see the point of this. I guess they are doing this just so they can be "original" about it instead of being called a copycat if they do it via the camera like Android does. But will people really use it much?
Then again, I thought the same about Siri, and that seemed to be quite popular. Apple does know how to oversell sometime.
19. frydaexiii (Posts: 1239; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I would laugh my @ss off when it turns out that Apple just placed the front facing camera into to home button just because "blah blah blah new, blah blah innovative, blah blah simple design, blah deserve to exist, blah blah made in usa."
21. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
let the battle of who has the best fingerprint scanner begin. hackers will be on standby to find the vulnerability of these scanners. i hope these won't be bypassed by showing a photo of your fingerprint.
23. Lakuta1978 (Posts: 57; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
hoaaaa can't waitttttt......come on appleeeeeeee
26. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
haha compare the android fans comments here to the ones on the Galaxy Note 3 finger print scanner post.