Leaked memo shows Rogers to start connection fee on July 10th
0. phoneArena 06 Jul 2013, 00:38 posted on
A leaked internal Rogers memo reveals that beginning July 10th, the Canadian carrier will be eliminating the $35 Activation Fee and the $35 Hardware Upgrade Administration Fee; instead, new and existing customers will be billed a $35 Connection Fee to be activated onto the Rogers network. The new Connection Fee will be the same for new or existing customers and cannot be waived...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rallyguy (Posts: 609; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
They used to charge $70 to upgrade? Yikes!
2. Beholder88 (Posts: 81; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
And everyone is so upset about Verizon starting to charge $30 to upgrade.
6. quakan (Posts: 1253; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
People were bothered because it used to be free. I wonder, if you buy a phone from VZW online, have it delivered, then dial *228 would there still be an activation fee since you didn't involve any VZW employees to activate it?
3. gorkapr (Posts: 71; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
the same reason that if you want a phone less than retail price will need to get a 2 years contract, well in canada is 3 or 5 years contract
7. quakan (Posts: 1253; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I couldn't imagine being stuck with a phone for 3 years, let alone 5.
4. lyndon420 (Posts: 2371; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I'm with Rogers and they just gave me unlimited calling anytime / anywhere within Canada for less than I was paying for just my5.
5. bucky (Posts: 1685; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
If I'm shopping for a new provider or looking to extend my contract, I won't pay that fee. There is more competition now that won't charge it.