Leaked images show Sony Xperia Z frame and camera breakdown
0. phoneArena 04 Jan 2013, 18:41 posted on
We should be seeing the Sony Xperia Z soon enough as the official announcement of the device is expected to be part of CES, which begins next week, but that doesn't mean we're going to turn away when some leaked images come around. The newest leaked images come from the website ePrice, and seem to show off some marketing images that breakdown the frame and camera construction of the device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. stychill (unregistered)
This is the first phone i've seen from sony that i've actually completely liked, the phone...i still think they have one of the worse looking UI's in the market.
6. pyradark (Posts: 802; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
blinded by touchwiz ugly & laggy design LOLS
8. stychill (unregistered)
huh, you are?
19. SleepingOz (unregistered)
ugly and laggy? Wow!
You sure don't know what you're talking about..
27. pyradark (Posts: 802; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Yup.. On my galaxy note 2, i prefer my xperia p UI... Try to have both and ull understand :)
28. kdealltheway (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
I'm thinking of buying Xperia P. Is it true that screen isn't that good as it's suppose to be, that you can see too much of backscreen light in dark areas?
30. pyradark (Posts: 802; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Yup.. Black is grey once u put brightness 50 above, viewing angle is ok, but thanks to mobile bravia, outstanding viewing and watching experience. Also ull never had a problem viewing it outside thanks to white magic tech. :)
39. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I have used timescape on the XPERIA S of my gf, sorry but it's boring, incoherent and lack features.
49. marklugtu1302 (Posts: 14; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
I realy dont like the ui that xperia has put into their phones.. i think they made it too minimalist that made it very boring when you look at it..widgets and icons doesn't look well with each other also.. hope that sony would redesign their UI because it feels less of a sony device
9. kobainez (Posts: 369; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I seriously don't get it. Why people dislike sony ui so much? its much sexy than samsung ugly touchwiz ui. Are u guys blind or never seen sony ui before?? Touchwuz 2.3 is the most ugly touchwiz ive seen
11. stychill (unregistered)
To each his own, i rate touchwiz higher than htc & sony's UI but none of them has the flair stock android has. In my opinion its the most visually appealing.
20. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Touchwiz has evolved since Gingerbread 2.3.
You should get out of your cave sometimes..
22. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Touchwiz was ugly on 2.3, but since Touchwiz UX came out for the GS3, it's pretty good looking.
50. marklugtu1302 (Posts: 14; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
I definitely agree with you on what you said about the cartoonish Touchwiz.. but xperia UI's kinda boring
12. MeoCao (unregistered)
Is that true, 6 LENSES, or even 7?
That's awesome, can't wait to see the picture quality.
18. a961009 (Posts: 120; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
I want to +100000000000000000000000 for your post... their ui is worse Touchwiz
25. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm clearly confused with your comment.
Are you supporting Sony or Samsung??
Stychill is talking about Sony and you say you agree but also tell us that they have the worst UI.
Or is your statement meant to be, 'Touchwhiz is the worst UI'? That would make sense.
33. Grishm (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 May 2012)
Sony's UI has an elegant look with appealing icons and graphics compared to other UIs, at least to me.
Samsung's Touchwiz UI might have got more features compared to Sony's Timescape UI, but looks wise Sony's UI wins hands down.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
This is it!
3. sid07desai (Posts: 289; Member since: 03 May 2012)
This is going to turn out a huge success for Sony. Better than anticipated.
4. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Damn it cant 1/7 get here fast enought
5. nevinjohn (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I'd like to see more on Xperia ZL coz it looks damn beautiful.. :)
7. cretinick (Posts: 147; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
And smaller, despite having the same display and settings ...
I'm curious to know what the real differences between them.
14. Captain_Doug (Posts: 902; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Besides being waterproof, not sure what the ZL is missing. Probably nothing I'd miss.
10. blackice214 (Posts: 164; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Waiting patiently I like my iphone but damn this phone is beautiful hopefully it comes with some free subscription services like music and such.
13. Atlas (Posts: 158; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
Hopefully the optics will be better than on the last few Xperias, the pictures just haven't been up to scratch:/
15. kobainez (Posts: 369; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why iphonearena didnt put all the leaked pics of xperia z? There's about 16 pic of the xperia
16. kobainez (Posts: 369; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And they always didnt mentioned abt waterproof in xperia z
17. solidsnake695 (Posts: 96; Member since: 04 Jan 2013)
why is a samsung touchwiz fan commenting on a sony product get a life or use touchwiz with ur d**k
21. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Its camera is gonna be a beast!
52. bipinm (Posts: 122; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
13.1MP, hdr, Exmor RS ...
best part is taking photo under water....
....gonna love it....
24. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 463; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Awesome! Where is the LED flash?
Could this be a replacement for my Xperia S or should I wait longer?
As a Sony fan, I honestly say that TouchWiz UI is smooth and more features BUT it doesn't look professional and classy as the Sony UI. TWUI just looks like a cartooned UI for children!
32. XperiaUser (unregistered)
Exactly every Xperia Owner knows the difference btw TouchWiz and Timescape , TouchWiz is smooth and nothing more , Thumps Up !
and it has LED flash but it is not visible probably coz of glass back , :D
37. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
I'd get this as a replacement if I were you, I honestly don't see how phones are gonna continue to develop much past this 5" 1080p stage, and especially the Xperia Z which just packs tons of features on top of that aswell, cant even see the Galaxy S4 being any better specced than this Xperia.
And I totally agree, Sony's UI looks much more professional and 'modern' in comparison to Touchwiz, even on the GNote 2! I much prefer Sony UI
38. pokerc (Posts: 60; Member since: 24 May 2012)
That's so true. I've always thought touch wiz was meant for kids! Very happy with my sense 4.1
51. marklugtu1302 (Posts: 14; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
ICS Motoblur is the best in design and smoothness
26. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I believe this camera and build quality will be top notch.
Oh and it's waterproof!!
Hear that, Nokia fanboys?
Sony finally produced some true Awesomeness
34. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Why are you directing this at Nokia fan boys?
The ones I know actually want Sony to come good this year, so stop been a fan boy and just talk about this powerhouse son are bringing
Trying to start something but failed you did.
Hoping Sony becomes on of the most successful this year,they deserve it with devices like this
36. papss (unregistered)
Cause he wants attention as usual.. So he "believes" the camera and build will be top notch but really has no idea because its not been tested.. More android fanboy BS
41. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Go tell that to those constantly bulls**ting about Nokia being the epitome of superior build quality while every android being cheap crap with a lousy camera.
44. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
OK android fanboy let's humor you
First certain android phones have lousy build quality, why can't that be said....why is it if you say one thing negative against the android fort you believe to be part of you go all defensive and do idiot comments like that.
Second there isn't a single android phone that shines for its camera, there pretty average....Sony are the best bet to change this.
Seriously though stop acting like a victim, your the worst kind of fanboy
45. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Get off my ass for once and get through that crazy scull already - I wasn't talking to you. Stop replying in the name of others.
46. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
nah gonna keep doing it as you keep saying one sided things and nver reasonable and now have started trying to start little wars against nokia users with no real need
so again nope will carry on
29. anthony60415 (Posts: 15; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I'm really looking forward to that sexy Exmor RS :)
31. XperiaUser (unregistered)
oh i m dying to see camera performance of this handset . and Sony has brand new UI for jelly-bean :)
35. papss (unregistered)
Typical great phone design from Sony.. The only issue with them is that they announce early and by the time they come out the hardware isn't state of the art anymore..if they could get that fixed they would have huge potential
42. TMach (Posts: 416; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
I do believe your comment relates to Sony Ericsson, we are talking about Sony Mobiles and not the previous company and they have pretty much released their last few phones on time. The quality of their phones, regardless of them not running the core race still made them the second best selling android manufaturer behind Samsung.
Live in the now and not the past and wait to see/judge Sony and NOT SE!
43. TMach (Posts: 416; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
One of the Xperia Z or ZL is launch, not announced, on 15 January so lets wait and see link to the chinese website quoted on youtube and reported by PA and GSMArena link pasted below...
40. TMach (Posts: 416; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Email from Sony ........About to reveal something EXTRAORDINARY in 3 days time.....
47. noriya (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
wow i like that design,and where is the front facing camera?
48. papss (unregistered)
I agree man.. I have no real issues with Sony phones, in fact I would say they have one of the best designs currently on android.