Leaked iPhone 6 renders may show exact size and shape of Apple's next flagship
3. MobileGuru (Posts: 82; Member since: 18 Jan 2014)
But at 67mm its less wide and assuming it has a 4.7 inch screen, it'll not be too unwieldy despite the tall height.
30. Finalflash (Posts: 2769; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It will still be unwieldy because the height of the phone is usually the problem, I haven't really had a problem reaching across. For a phone with such a large home button, you would have to hold it pretty far down to hit the home button properly (hence why I don't like physical home buttons). But if you hold it that far down, reaching the top of the screen becomes very difficult, and for the iPhone, that is an essential portion of the screen at all times.
41. sgodsell (Posts: 3229; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I think this phone is going to have a strange resolution. Because the dimensions elude to that. The original iPhone 5x display is 4" at 1136x640. So if a new resolution display is 50% larger, then the resolution would be 1704x960. It wouldn't be FHD, but it at least would be HD.
42. sgodsell (Posts: 3229; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Some say the resolution could be 1600x966.
9. Topcat488 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Apple needs to make the iphone to the right proportion and not just stretch it. O.o
31. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2047; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Even with little bezels they will sue. ;)
43. sgodsell (Posts: 3229; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I think you have it wrong. Only Apple sues for things like that.
2. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
All I can say is, I hope they don't just stretch out the screen again.
7. Luuthian (Posts: 240; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Sounds like they're making it wider if the rumored resolution is to be believed. Still going to be a non standard resolution though.
13. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I hope so because that is one of the major reasons why I couldn't go back to the iPhone. My old iPhone 3G looked massive and grand compared to the crap it had as "competition". Let's be real, it had no competition at the time, not even close. But now the screen size looks dwarf compared to recent devices. I just hate not being able to view the entire webpage without doing a lot of side scrolling.
15. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It allegedly has the same display size as the HTC One X, but it's 4mm taller and 2mm narrower. It's stretched.
23. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
In that case...maybe it will look like the og htc one..which not bad at all
24. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It'll be about the same size, but the extra height wouldn't be functional like it is on the HTC One with the front facing speakers. The height would be used in the "iconic" home button and the inefficiently placed/spaced earpiece and camera on top.
28. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
You'd think Apple would put some speakers on each side of the Home button. Nope.
5. evarod48 (Posts: 154; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
how big will the iphone get before iphone fans decide that bigger sized screens aren't a bad thing?
10. erikiksaz (Posts: 170; Member since: 22 Apr 2010)
Not how big, it's how retardedly long it'll get.
12. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2131; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
It's a little longer and wider than the Moto X, but it is also 4.4 mm thinner, meaning it is smaller, overall, than the Moto X. I would say that makes for a compelling size.
16. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Rofl. Thinness is like the least important of the three measurements.
20. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2131; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
As an engineer, judging the plethora of comments I have seen of yours, I can tell that design is lost on you, and you have no awe for or understanding of good engineering. I'll just pity you, and leave it at that.
22. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Oh just dont mind mr taters...hes a certified samsung fanboy..he will troll all the competitors of samsung..lol
40. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Hey look. It's the in denial HTC fan boy again.
39. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
You are a horrible engineer if you think thinness impacts the overall size and handling of the device more than height and width. It is called common sense that thinness means the least and the Moto X is way more compact than these blueprints, lol
27. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Thin-ness impacts what can be put inside of the phone. I am starting to doubt that the iP6 will have OIS what with a 6mm thin body. Starting with 6mm, after subtracting chassis/body wall plus screen thickness, you have what, 2mm for insides? Unless of course, Apple is going to claim that a bendable phone body is a feature. Maybe Apple uses stainless steel for the body? Or Titanium? That might explain the attempted $200 increase in price.
6. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
6mm is getting too thin. It doesn't feel comfortable or stable in the hand when it's so thin...
8. Luuthian (Posts: 240; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Most people put a case around their Iphone's anyways. I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm more concerned that they refuse to reduce the size of the bezels.
19. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
6mm is good. You can use an otter box without it looking absolutely ridiculously big. I would never use an otter box on any phone remotely big. If it's 6mm then I might.
Too much of a good thing is rare these days. There are always advantages.
Like if your feet are too thin you can wear insoles. If they are too fat then you are screwed and stuck with Ronald McDonald shoes.
36. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Looks like it either have the shape design of the 3GS or the IP5C
11. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I wonder if Apple will put a proper FHD+ display on the device.
37. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
If it's 4.7 inches, I think they would go with a 720p. It would be just enough to qualify as a "Retina" display, but still low enough to make them lots of money.
17. tmcr7 (Posts: 180; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
iRumors and iRenders by iFans again? This has been going on for years. Just buy a big screen phone right now. You don't need to wait and end up disappointed with another rehashed small screen iPhone.
21. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
The only reason why im not buying an iphone is the screen size...so its about time apple!bring it on.just dont overprice it!(w/c i doubt)
25. BigBoss10 (Posts: 264; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
No big deal just a piece of crap it always stay on the same aspect.
26. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 522; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
i dont like apple as a company but I gotta say I do like that design
32. twens (Posts: 955; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
why can't they just make the fon a little wider so we can type for comfortably with the keyboard. Games will also be much more enjoyable. Apple is too stubborn its not even funny anymore
34. JunitoNH (Posts: 1609; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
They just need to make the darn phone taller and proportional. I'll even take the size of my current SGNx or Moto X. If and when it happens, is bye-bye Android.
Edit: Moto I will never....ever......purchase one of your devices......ever again. I rather go with Lg.
35. vandroid (Posts: 327; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
I really hope they keep the wake button at the top
38. saenaedewe (Posts: 71; Member since: 01 May 2013)
Nope... I think it's not going to be anything like that...