Leaked document shows when certain Samsung models will get the Android 4.4 update
0. phoneArena 22 Nov 2013, 13:49 posted on
A leaked document allegedly shows off the expected time frame during which certain models will be receiving the Android 4.4 update. The devices in question are the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500), Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900), Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) and the Samsung GALAXY Note II (SM-N7100)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 216; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
High time it came to S4. After all its Samsung's latest high end phone.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9809; Member since: 14 May 2012)
False. My Note 3 is Samsung's greatest. Glad to see a January timeframe. :)
36. garlic456 (Posts: 249; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
My Galaxy Beam is the greatest. Do u guys have a projector inside your phone?
25. JGuinan007 (Posts: 654; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Those are only for international models the carrier versions wont see the update til 6 months later if at all.
3. vikk2232153 (Posts: 19; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
Though the 4.3 update for my note 2 has already been released in India, but I have not got it yet neither by OTA nor by KIES...but I believe as it is done is batches, so I might be getting it soon..
Question is samsung took so long to update to 4.3, how can we expect it to release kit kat kat in march???
4. NateAdam8 (Posts: 358; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
So slow but with all the problems Samsung has been having it's no big news....
5. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Ha! Where's JakeLee? I knew that the Note 2 would get a 4.4 update in a few month's time.
27. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Sorry I'm late.
Remind me when it's actually there.
Way too many "leaked", Samsung-branded BS.
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
or if you want Kit Kat now you can just get a Moto X.
16. papss (unregistered)
No thanks. . I prefer something a little more powerful.
37. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Moto X handles everything beautifully.
9. downphoenix (Posts: 2741; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
w00t to the S3 and Note 2 getting it. That is called support.
10. danwatson (Posts: 102; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
That would be pretty good. Considering my Nexus 7 does not have 4.4 yet Samsung is only 2 months behind with the Note 3. That is certainly better than their track record.
11. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Sure hope the GS3 support would extend to the US verizon flavor. Still don't feel that much of an urge to upgrade yet.
12. davenycept (Posts: 198; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
We S4 people can't even get a stable version of 4.3 yet... we'll see what happens though
18. blacktrump0674 (Posts: 6; Member since: 21 May 2011)
How can I worry about that update when I haven't gotten 4.3? I am still stuck on 4.1.2 so givesa care!
26. Genersis (Posts: 217; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Strange that the Mini isn't listed there...
29. retronig (Posts: 23; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Who cares this is for the international version. They need to have separate sections for US phns and for international ones. Seems like Samsung always waits for update. I know they wanna make sure that they get the update right. Thing is that they already screwed up the 4.3 on gs 3 or 4. I forget which one.
30. DnB925Art (Posts: 592; Member since: 23 May 2013)
If it comes to my Sprint Note 2, I would be pretty happy. More likely it will probably be the last update for the Note 2, assuming the leak turns out to be true, because it will be pretty much the 18 month mark of the release of the Note 2 and the Note 4 will be released a few months after that.
31. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Meanwhile the HTC one x will never even see official 4.3
32. vijaysivakula (Posts: 184; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
If the Note 2 can get it why not the Galaxy S2? That has the same hardware and is the Galaxy S counterpart of the Galaxy Note series.
33. DnB925Art (Posts: 592; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Actually Note 2 is based off of the S3, Note 1 was based off of the S2 The Note series has always been n-1 of the S series, where we have the S4 but the Note 3.
35. datsyuk (Posts: 177; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Hopefully the Moto X was a test for Verizon for maybe future Nexus devices on them in the future.
38. philfoster (Posts: 34; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
Where is Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom and S4 Active?