Leaked document reveals issues with the Apple iPhone 5s that Apple will fix for free
0. phoneArena 20 Sep 2013, 11:51 posted on
According to a published report on Friday, Apple expects that there will be some issues with the full-featured Apple iPhone 5s that the manufacturer will repair for free; the Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c both launched earlier today. Apple did not offer a pre-order period for the iPhone 5s and that, combined with low inventories of the model, has led to the phone being sold out at a few Apple Stores...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
89. willard12 (Posts: 376; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
There's probably only 1 that takes components from a direct competitor they accuse of "slavishly" copying and engage in never-ending litigation with them. As for the benchmarks, it is good for Apple. But you do have to acknowledge its because of the limited os and a non-HD 4 inch screen.
93. joey_sfb (Posts: 1477; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
yup but the printer is the one with the technology so without it your creative ideas on the product would not materialize.
86. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
The fact that the phone doesn't support HD STILL should answer the question as to why the processor has a faster output.
Put a 720p screen or a 1080p screen and those numbers will drastically change...
90. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4208; Member since: 14 May 2012)
... You're in denial that the A7 chip is the fastest on the market. Typical.
95. Ninetysix (Posts: 931; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
So you mean to say that you don't have any idea how offscreen testing works.
92. joey_sfb (Posts: 1477; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
that why I only buy iPad having even the fastest processor in a 4 inch screen is such a waste.
waiting for my iPad 5 to replace my 3
34. av911 (Posts: 59; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
A lot of people buy phones based on features, not benchmarks. And iPhone has nothing over their competitors in that department.
36. Ninetysix (Posts: 931; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Post #18 will have answers to your false statement.
60. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Which part of his statement is false?
In his comment is two statements and both are true!
41. promise7 (Posts: 165; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
if that were true apple would be out of business. mass majority of apple customers, if not all, buy apple for brand recognition.
61. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
What you say is right and I agree with you, but looks like you didn't understood correctly comment #34.
63. bucky (Posts: 1098; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Dark! I just picked up my 5s 64gb!!! Excellent device and well put together.
Best part is someone bought my 5 for $500 which fully covered cost and then some :)
47. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
True, but at least some of the later crop will listen and respond somewhat intelligibly. Remember how bad it was with taco?
73. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4208; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Taco50 was probably one the most entertaining users to ever wall this site, along with remixfa.
The new trolls are boring and just lame... They rehash the same thing over and over again, and have nothing to contribute to articles.
12. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
i Think your i Key is stuck, did u Type that on your new/old iPhone 5S; maybe it's time to take it back to the genius bar?
53. rawbow (Posts: 362; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
the biggest insult to you in your own words would be calling you "iPAPINYC"
68. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
No it 'aint, i Called myself that last year and even registered it on PhoneArena as my eViL tWin, it was then that I was informed that I could only grace these pages as one and could not have multiple iPersonalities; my iPAPiNYC was consequently force-closed, you know (like when an iPhone 5 force closes due to lack of RAM and a buggy OS?). iDiGress, if I could have more than one user name I would but, I can't. And, therefore, must accept being limited, you know (like an iPhone 4 wishing John Malkovich could endlessly rant on about nothing with SiRi in a pathetic display not well-to-do).
78. bucky (Posts: 1098; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
So you have 2 profiles for no other reason than to trol?? :/
You need a job.
81. rawbow (Posts: 362; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
precisely what i was thinking,
I am sure PAPINYC has typed the words Apple, iOS, "i" and iPhone more than anything else in his rather "limited" life ....iRonic
5. raghu67 (Posts: 19; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
may b there's some manufacturing fault with certain batches..
or the HIGHER capacity battery starts LEAKING if an unbranded charger or cable is used
or the processor n graphic card sweats running the SUPER HEAVY & COLOURFUL IOS7
8. Rongocook (Posts: 71; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
"Any damage to the audio jack that is the result of a foreign object placed in the hole will not be covered by the warranty."really apple?
94. joey_sfb (Posts: 1477; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
lol....and I thought audio jack is meant to be inserted by foreign object maybe not in Apple's case then..lol
14. pixel8or (Posts: 17; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
That headline makes it look like there are existing known issues with the iPhone 5S that Apple will repair. LOL
15. Ninetysix (Posts: 931; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
The hemodroids fell for it. You can check their earlier posts :)
38. Pdubb (Posts: 225; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
That's exactly what's going on thou though. Apple is EXPECTING these problems to occur. That is all this is.
17. dexter_jdr (Posts: 832; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
hurray for an expected broken iphone 5s!!!
20. kozza3 (Posts: 524; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Hooray! Now I get to spend even more time at the Apple store!
27. Ericzhf (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Why not just return it and get a new one? or a new android? we don't need a free refurbished phone.
48. Whateverman (Posts: 3066; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Hey man, shouldn't you be somewhere tippin' a stripper? Lol. Just wanted to wish you well and say congratulations again for the big day tomorrow. Good luck bro!
55. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
You get a hands on with the 5C? Wondering how it compares to the 5S in real world use.
44. robinlim85 (Posts: 82; Member since: 03 May 2013)
samsung doesn't bother to fix some debris under my S3 screens,they says its normal and not warranty covered
Apple get credit from me on this
69. zig8100 (Posts: 93; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
That because the screen is glued to the glass. I don't dust can get in between the screen n glass anyway. Unless it gets in there during assembly.
50. jphillips63 (Posts: 109; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Sold both my 5s one went for 2000.00 and other went for 2300.00 on eBay now back to Verizon to buy two more. I don't care if they have flaws as long as I can more than double my money on a sale.
59. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 114; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Maybe the problem is the consumer. Customers that get one of the defective phones will have to come directly to Apple to get it fixed. Should it happen at all? No. But customers will be complacent about it because Apple offered to fix it for free. This is basically a recall. Of course they should fix it for free but what of the customer and their lost time and the inconvenience? Apple needs to offer a little more or customers should demand more.
96. DONUT (Posts: 137; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
"not treating your phone like a football and keeping a sharp eye out for potential water hazards could sharply reduce problems you might have with your new iPhone" same can be said about most phones lol