Leaked document reveals issues with the Apple iPhone 5s that Apple will fix for free
0. phoneArena 20 Sep 2013, 11:51 posted on
According to a published report on Friday, Apple expects that there will be some issues with the full-featured Apple iPhone 5s that the manufacturer will repair for free; the Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c both launched earlier today. Apple did not offer a pre-order period for the iPhone 5s and that, combined with low inventories of the model, has led to the phone being sold out at a few Apple Stores...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10443; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If Apple said they'll repair it for free, why is it such a big deal?
7. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Oh I see, they mean they will repair for free under warranty. Lolololol
25. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12503; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
At least it's not as painful as dealing with other OEMs and warranty service. Look at all the problems people had with the N7 and getting a repair through google .
26. jove39 (Posts: 1838; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
N7 issues were resolved with software update!
10. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4816; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
This must be part of Apple's master plan. lol
Let me buy a lemon in a FRESH new box. Why not.... they are going to fix it for free. So basically every iPhone 5s is a refurbished product. DAMN!!!
19. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
iPhone just works!
Just need to fix it...
21. lyndon420 (Posts: 4143; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Because in the past, their consumers had to pay for apple's mistakes. One step closer to being a company that cares about it's herd.
84. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Microsoft has been doing this for YEARS
29. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Oh no sir, don't down play this crap. BWAHAHAHAHA!!! What is it you apple junkies are always saying about "Apple's superior quality" ?!
"Here's your $400 64GB iPhone 5S complete with cracked screen and this signature dent in the housing that only Apple can offer! Get it now while supplies last!!!"
33. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Please feel free to explain what I am not understanding about Apple shipping out broken/defective phones and then refurbishing them for free?
35. Ninetysix (Posts: 2340; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Why don't you go ahead and drive to your nearest Apple store and see if they'll sell you an iPhone with a cracked screen.
37. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Why don't you go ahead and explain to me what kind of material is not broken and or defective if Apple is stating that the devices could inexplicably start having the issues listed above.
Last time I checked, Metal, Glass, and Plastic don't spontaneously warp or break on their own. Must be more of that Apple magic...
I'm pretty sure I'll save my Gas and time instead of going to talk to an "Apple Genius" at one of their retail stores... I wouldn't do business with Apple if they gave me Quarters for Nickels.
39. Ninetysix (Posts: 2340; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Apple will fix them for free. What's the issue? How many times will Samsung fix your water damaged Samsung S4A?
42. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Probably 0 because I don't own one...
Apple's not covering water(liquid) damage either. READ the article it states that clearly.
And you're probably the same guy that bought a PS3 because the 360's had 3 red light issues and Microsoft fixed them for free on top of extending the warranty for 2 years. Must be some new crazy Apple innovation to fix their own %&$* ups.
I swear I could sell you and darkkjeddii both a soup spoon with holes in it as long as it had an Apple logo on it and some BS explanation to go along with it.
43. Ninetysix (Posts: 2340; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I have an S4...lol
46. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Got me there... Way to avoid the points of the discussion...
52. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
The way you ignored the post about Samsung S4A? Sure sell a phone saying its water proof then not even cover it under warranty. Don't even get me started on samsung build quality issues which they sell as flagships.
Overheating pieces of junk plastic with gimmick features no one uses and an OS that pushes updates into the air...but wait...no one gets it...Note 2 is still 4.1 ....
54. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Actually I responded to it post 42... Read the entire post instead of what you feel like reading.
58. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
And if you'd like an explanation as to why Casio, Samsung and Kyocera don't cover their water proof phones against liquid damage ill be more than happy to enlighten you.
62. bucky (Posts: 2491; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Read the article...all it says is apple will cover the following-not, this will happen out of the box as a quality error.
All the attacking for nothing. I can guarantee you no other manufacturer will do this for you.
64. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
If there's no signs of impacts... Read the article then read post 37 and logically explain how the laws of physics support this please.
67. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10443; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You're the little dog that barks all day and no one likes.
You obviously don't know what you're talking about and should just keep quiet. Before you call me an Apple Fanboy again, look at the phone I currently own and my avatar picture.
You're dumber than a bag of rocks and that's just me being nice.
72. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
So where did I call you an apple fanboy? I'd like to know that. Because I clearly did not. And apparently some people do BC I got thumbs up on my posts. Honestly I could care less if people on the internet like me, I just don't understand why you think I singled you out when your name never came up in my posts. Paranoid much?
74. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10443; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Comment #29 by saying Apple junkies. Go check for yourself.
The only reason why you're getting thumbs up is because you're saying things that are anti-Apple and famdroids are thumbing you up. That's not something I'd want to brag about dude lol.
FYI, you should check who you replied to in the beginning. You just proved to be less intelligent than a bag of rocks lol.
75. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
"You", was a generalized statement directed at the iFans. Not at you personally
I'm sorry you(papasmurf) took my reply out of context.
76. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10443; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I didn't take your reply out of context, you're just trying to play it off as I just proved all three of your points invalid. What you should be apologizing for is making an ass out of yourself. Think before you say something buddy. ;)
77. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
You got it sir. No one can apologize and genuinely mean it. How dare I try to do so.
79. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10443; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's okay. One day, you'll be as smart as the rest of us in the world.
Side note: Post #2600! :)
80. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Yes mam, and then I'll be a real boy like Pinochio!!!
87. 14545 (Posts: 1483; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
They do cover the first one under warranty. PA did an article on it. Also, what build quality issues are you referring too? Sure, all OEM's, EVEN CLEARLY APPLE, have some issues. But of the OEMS I have bought from, so far Samsung is the best. I had far more issues with HTC than I have had with my Nexus or S4.
97. cripton805 (Posts: 1440; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
The Note 2 will run better on 4.3 when it comes out. But key word "work better".
Not like the iPhone 4 and 4s that had a decrease in performance with IO7 that is a really basic upgrade that has been on Android single core phones with 500mb of RAM or less since what, like 2009-2010???
99. iDroid8 (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
My friends galaxy xcover is working perfectly fine, even after being dunked in water like a thousand times. This, for a mid-ranger. I highly doubt if a phone with flagship specs will have such problems, and even if it has-trust samsung to repair it for free.
2. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Internal corrosion is an interesting one. Most phones have sensors that get triggered if dropped in water, how else could corrosion occur on the inside of a phone that a user could be at fault for? Sounds more like a manufacturing defect, which you'd think would be covered.
22. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...how else could corrosion occur on the inside of a phone that a user could be at fault for?"
Chemical exposure. :)
51. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Such thing can happen from user side also, but that should be rare case.
32. BattleBrat (Posts: 1437; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Some premium android phones, RAZRs Xperias are nano coated or waterproofed I'm surprised Apple didn't, and I'm getting a 5s in November! I might also be getting an Ultra by Moto or a nexus 5, leaning toward the ultra
70. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10443; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Get the MAXX. The extra battery life outweights everything.
85. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
The Ultras are great!!! But for if you don't mind the extra $100 for 32GB of strorage and a 2 day battery life get the MAXX. The touchless control and Motorola Assist absolutely rocks!!!
91. joey_sfb (Posts: 5548; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Max for me. Beat carrying extra power pack as I do play game on phone.
3. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Then are we to iNfer that hordes of these phones will suffer these iDeformities 'out the box'??
Great upgrade folks, go enjoy your defects!!
4. Sauce (unregistered)
iThink iYou iUse iThese iStupid iOld iLame iPuns iWay iToo iMuch.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10443; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That's his signature basically. Same way Troll uses a lot of Copyright symbols in his posts lol.
9. Sauce (unregistered)
What happened to the good ol' trolls that would actually give their audience a good laugh. I always used to be entertained by the mentally disfunctioned trolls. Now adays they are all boring =(
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 20628; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Papinyc is more lame than troll, or is he more troll than lame.
13. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I ♥ it when a story about the latest iWarranty becomes about me. By the vay, I'm within feet of the Verizon 100 Wall Street Store and, i Must say, there are at least about 20 people outside still aGrazing. Congrats!
16. Sauce (unregistered)
Lol. Oh well, theres always at least one some where. On the bright side, I'm enjoying my new 5s (and assuming you are too?!). Can't wait for PA to release the benchmarks and comparisons. "iPhone 5s slaughters quad-core rivals in performance tests despite dual-core CPU and just 1GB of RAM".
18. Ninetysix (Posts: 2340; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Anandtech already did them and A7 did slaughter them. That should shut the specwhores for a while.
Welcome iPhone 5S. The fastest smartphone on the market today.
23. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Once upon a time iPhones had 2/3x cpu/gpu advantage on any competitor. 5s has a small advantage over the snapdragon 800...so didn't slaught anyone, just took the lead. However I can bet that if the S800 was running a lightweight os in C rather than in Java (Dalvik VM bla bla) would be much faster than the A7: as said before - now it's already close.
28. Sauce (unregistered)
Hahaha incoming hypocritical herd of deeply reused phrases/excuses for iPhone 5S performance.
"Ip5s might be the fastest available right now.."
"I can bet that if the S800 was running a lightweight os.."
The fact of the matter is that, it is what it is, and giving excuses doesn't cut it. People like comparing phones when the odds are in their favor :)
(Not directed towards you, just used your quote as a future reference)
98. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
"Hahaha" the world is mine you meant? Like the movie evils?
These are facts, not excuses. Remember the iphone 4s?
That was an onslaught. Not this one. Snapdragon 800 is the monster. Next.
24. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Ip5s might be the fastest available right now, the nexus 5 comes out in a month
56. MartyK (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
I really don't think it matter how fast it is, if it's
leaking all it's guts out!...hahaha
65. willard12 (Posts: 1624; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
66. Ninetysix (Posts: 2340; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I also printed my blueprint on my printer. My printer takes all the credit of course. It doesn't matter that i designed it and did all the drawings.
71. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10443; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Let's see the excuses these people are going to use now.
82. willard12 (Posts: 1624; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
No, but the company that has the knowledge to actually build what's on your drawings from your printer is doing it right. Awesome analogy. Though I'm sure apple uses a Samsung printer to print their drawings, they apparently turn to a certain company when they want good hardware such as processors, screens (with sharp and lg), flash memory. Apple didn't build that...they dreamed it. Refer to Mark Zuckerberg for a better analogy. Samsung's making it, Apple's taking it.
83. Ninetysix (Posts: 2340; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
So which smartphone company doesn't borrow components from another company? Why aren't these other companies as successful?