Leaked ads show Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c coming to Boost Mobile
0. phoneArena 30 Sep 2013, 15:10 posted on
Back in April, nearly half a year ago, we passed along a tip from evleaks that Boost Mobile would get the Apple iPhone in the third quarter; well, the third quarter ends today and while the iPhone has yet to be made available for the pre-paid carrier, a tweet from evleaks reveals some great news for Boost customers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10087; Member since: 14 May 2012)
VM has the iPhone but BM doesn't... Huh. I learn something new everyday.
3. theaztech (unregistered)
I doubt itll be a big seller. People wont even spent 349 for an 8gb 4s on virgin mobile let alone 500+ for the new iphone 5s/c
6. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Sorry, but I can't agree with your views.
1. Apple 4 with 8G is going for $200 on VirginMobileUSA.com
2. Apple 4S 16GB is going for $382.49 as opposed to your 8GB for $349. The 16GB had been as low as $360.
3. There are a lot of savvy people looking for an angle to get the best deal.
Check out this link on 1-day sale where iPhone 5 16GB went for $440.
7. switza93 (Posts: 19; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
I work at Radioshack and Im always selling these VMU iphones, so Id have to disagree with your statement
8. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Well like you said, you work at RadioShack where no one goes to.
11. suneeboy (Posts: 201; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
You must live in the sticks. Lot's of people go to Radio Shack.
13. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Then tell me why their stock is at all-time low and may soon file for bankruptcy? Doesn't sound like a lot of people shop at RadioShack to me.
14. gorkapr (Posts: 73; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
lot of people go to radioshack. but the market is so saturated that a lot of retail stock (like BestBuy & CompUSA) are going down!
4. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
That has been in the rumor mill for some time. As someone who is leaving Virgin Mobile (owned by Sprint) after 28 months using the Moto Triumph at an average of $22 a month (due to discounted top up cards), I would have stayed with Sprint and joined Boost Mobile due to the Shrinkage Plan.
Under the shrinkage plan, you can change handsets and still enjoy the low price. Once you are a customer in good standing, that $40 can be applied to new devices.
What makes it a even better plan is that you can buy Top-Up cards at say 15% discounts or more. Targets has the 5% red-dot program and periodic sales, you load up during X-mas or Black Friday / Cyber Monday discounts.
The offset is that this is Sprint -- 3G service sucks, voice is okay, and LTE coverage is spotty. Where I live (over 1 million people), we still do NOT have Sprint LTE service, which is why I left prepaid and got my iPhone 5S with Verizon.
In summary, while the Virgin $35 or $45 plan looks attractive, Boost's deal is the better deal if you plan to stay on Boost for more than 2 year, and you talk a lot, e.g. over 1,200 minutes a month.
5. Sauce (unregistered)
Interested to see how this plays out.
9. _PHug_ (Posts: 432; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
If boost offered the Note 2 or Note 3 I would stay since my bill is down to $40 but I have zero interest in the iPhone.
Waiting for the Note 3 on T-Mobile's $30 plan
10. Trismegistus (Posts: 32; Member since: 21 Aug 2013)
"Nearly a year ago" in April? I guess 5 months is pretty similar to a year in the grand scheme of things.
12. Trismegistus (Posts: 32; Member since: 21 Aug 2013)
Yup, I'm guilty of poor reading comprehension.
15. gorkapr (Posts: 73; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
The same rumor of the last year with the iphone 5 go to boost mobile, and guess what, NEVER arrive.
16. HASHTAG (unregistered)
True, but I think it'll happen this time as a lot more carriers are picking up the iPhones this year than prior years. Plus this leak looks legit.
17. ceelo (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
i am still waiting for mine that was ordered on 9/20 for sprint
19. kindlefireowner (Posts: 494; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Sprint is on the hook for something like 7 million iphones a year, so anything is possible. Sprint's deal with Apple is going to cost them billions.
20. Rager722 (Posts: 304; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
iPhone 5s and 5c are already coming to VM PhoneArena must really hate VM since they did not post this but peep it guys.