Leaked Staples document outs tentative carrier launch dates for the Samsung Galaxy S4
0. phoneArena 14 Apr 2013, 14:18 posted on
On the heels of our story about Walmart's pre-order period for the Samsung Galaxy S4 comes another leaked document, this time from Staples, that not only reveals when the business supply retailer is taking pre-orders for the next Android flagship model, but also reveals what everyone wants to know which is the tentative launch date for the U.S. carriers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sun0066 (Posts: 74; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
why verizon is always the last company to offer new phones, is it a marketing strategy or they simple does not care about the customer enough, interesting
6. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
21. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
Wondering the same thing. At&t may have paid extra to have the phone 1st as an exclusive.
33. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
Verizon and at&t are competitors, at&t will have it a whole month before verizon. That's a pretty big difference.
35. martycota (Posts: 28; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
For the exact reason I refuse to ever go to verizon after my I dropped them during 30 day trial, they need time to add all their bloatware and lock things down to verizon only programs
2. ckoch125 (Posts: 188; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Of course Verizon was a month later releasing the s3 so why would the s4 be any different
10. bucky (Posts: 1299; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
and the worst and most expensive phones/phone plans too...
16. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
$40 for what? I'm a long time customer and I haven't seen a $40 bill from them EVER! So if you've got some plan the rest of us haven't seen yet... My friend, I am all ears right now.
22. Hemlocke (unregistered)
They are just trolling. The Verizon dumbphone plan is $30, and not even employees get smartphone service for $40.
26. TheMan (Posts: 373; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Partly true: $30 for a senior plan or $40 for a feature (neither with smartphone). A senior would pay $60 with a smartphone.
A smartphone plan for anyone else under the current offering is at least $80 and realistically $100. However, a dealer plan is $30 (smartphone), though my older, unlimited data plan is still $25 with my S3.
34. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1210; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Depends on how you look at it. I've got a 5 line family share plan, 1400 minutes, unlimited text & data for each line, and a data discount for each line ($20). With taxes & fees included and split 5 ways it figures out to $46 per line. That discount and their coverage are the only reasons I'm still with Verizon. If they pull our data discount, we're shopping around, of course our only alternatives are AT&T & Straight Talk (which uses VZW towers here). But might be worth it to give one of them a shot.
4. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
5. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5075; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hmm......where is Sprint? :P
28. Azonx8472 (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Apr 2013)
Staples does not carry sprint. So this would not show any info.
8. jacobxtyler (Posts: 26; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
ill be so pissed if verizon is a whole month behind on this... they have done nothing but let their customers down on all fronts related to devices and releases...
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 10134; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Here in Las Vegas AT&T usually launches non iPhones on Sunday. 4-26-13 is a Friday, maybe they're changing it up for what should be a huge launch day.
12. rla2680 (Posts: 18; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
yeah Verizon is the worst. I am eagerly awaiting that phone and now I may have to wait an entire month....
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 10134; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That sucks. Why not just launch on all of its carriers on the same day?
13. teerex42 (Posts: 146; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Settle down everyone!!! Are we Verizon customers getting the phone later than the others? Why sure!! Do you want to know why they have the best 4G LTE network and network period?? It's because they do extensive test on the phone and on their network. They aren't the best network as far as coverage and 4G for nothing people so relax. Hell, if you root and place a custom rom on your S3, you're already seeing quite a few instances of S4 software on those roms. I think I don't mind waiting another month to make sure everything is working peachy :)
17. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Extensive test = adding bloatware. C'mon, you know it's true.
25. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Slower 3G, most expensive, and slower LTE is "best"? My HSPA+ speeds on AT&T are comparable to Verizon LTE speeds in my town, and T-Mo smokes both. They may have more LTE markets, but that is the only way they are "best."
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 10134; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's my main reason for AT&T. Really good data speeds
30. Galen20K (Posts: 511; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
Looking forward to LTE but I get 20-29Mbps regularly on T-Mobile HSPA+42, which is actually faster than Att/Verizon LTE most times in my area. - )
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 10134; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Those are very good speeds. Unfortunately for me, I only got edge inside my home with Tmobile but very good speeds outside. That's was some yeas ago so I've been with AT&T since, cuz I get good speeds both in and out of my home. Tmobile is setting the industry on its ear though with LTE, new plans, and now the iPhone. It's a good time to be a customer of theirs.
32. roronoa91 (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Verizon is just playing the arrogance card in my opinion. I honestly believe they should be the first company to get it if we're going to have different release dates for each company. Ideally, it should be a uniform release date for all carriers. They are suppose to be America's #1 carrier, yet they get every phone last. Just as Whateverman said, extensive test = adding bloatware. However we also have to take into account placement and sizing of the obnoxious and tacky Verizon logo. Been on Verizon for about 8-9 years, hate everything about them. Im only it because they have the strongest reception in my area.
18. monomilkman (Posts: 25; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
ah yes, this is exactly what I was looking for...incredibly disappointed we have to wait till almost June for Verizon though...that's presenting quite the dilemma for me as my 2 year old phone is barely functioning right now
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 10134; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
There should be a uniform launch day.