Leaked Samsung roadmap includes Ice Cream Sandwich powered phone
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:12
A retailer that sells Samsung phones and accessories has leaked what they claim to be a roadmap for Samsung that includes some big screen handsets and one Ice Cream Sandwich flavored device; there is one tablet on the map, a sequel to the 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Arka (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:16 3 0
just hope after nexus prime, samsung luanches its own android 4.0 beast like it did with SGS II
2. dblue45 posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:21 2 2
The first 3 are a bit too much exaggerated to carry around as phones!! I think phones should utilise screens within 4.5"
11. twenti7 posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:37 8 0
Actually the 4.65 inch screen makes perfect sense for the ICS phone. Without any physical buttons, the screen would be able to take up more of the handset making it the same size or smaller than the Infuse.
15. xenover posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:49 4 0
Similar to Acer Iconia Smart 4.8 inch screen which is actually narrower than a regular 4.3 inch display.
39. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 11 Aug 2011, 21:14 1 0
Exactly! That's the thing I am talking about twenti7. Too many people see today's cell phones and look at the screen size. When they think of anything that is larger than 4.3, they freak out.
When in reality its not the screen itself that usually takes up the most space, it's actually the buttons bellow. Look at the G2x for example, it's 4 inches but it's actually not much shorter than the Droid X(4.3). There's a huge gap in the touch screen and in the touch buttons. You remove the buttons and make room for the screen, you can easily put 4.6 inches of screen on it.
52. Synack posted on 12 Aug 2011, 20:28 0 0
You are absolutely right. I've been trying to tell everyone about this. Most people think that their phone will likely get the ICS upgrade, not true because of the longer screen and the internal OS touch buttons. The screen will likely be as wide as a current 4.3" screen or maybe a tad thinner but it will be longer, filling up the entire front side of the phone.
3. kq (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:21 7 2
lol galaxy tablet blocked by apple lawsuits so they slowly push out tablet sized "phones"
13. xenover posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:39 3 4
How long can one person talk about BADA OS
It's inferior and s**t in general.
14. PeterIfromsweden posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:45 3 0
Hey did you just read the article where it says bada outsold both WP7 and Winmo together ?
If you think bada isnt good, then you havent tried it.
Look, you should watch some videos of bada 2.0.1 on youtube. Remember though that these videos are beta version and they will be more laggy and buggy than the final version.
bada is a really good OS : )
22. Dj21o posted on 11 Aug 2011, 14:28 2 3
Windows is just now starting out. If they don't pick it up this year, they will have problems. But there are other manufacturers that are coming on board. Acer, Fujitsu, LTE and Haweii (or however you spell it). Bada is even more late than WP7. And windows are barely making anything. So good luck with bada lol.
48. PeterIfromsweden posted on 12 Aug 2011, 05:57 0 0
bada is not more late than WP7. Actually bada launched before WP7 launched, and they are selling better than WP7 and Winmo put together.
37. xenover posted on 11 Aug 2011, 17:30 0 1
I can't say anything about bada 2.0 but samsung wave II and those low-end sammy phones' OS is just too bland, boring and very basic.
It's not s**t, I was just in a grumpy mood :D
47. PeterIfromsweden posted on 12 Aug 2011, 05:56 0 0
Agree that the low end bada phones, aren't very interesting. But Wave and Wave 2 are really good though.
42. iankellogg posted on 11 Aug 2011, 21:34 0 1
its not hard to outsell a not so hot smart phone OS with a feature phone OS.
49. PeterIfromsweden posted on 12 Aug 2011, 05:59 0 0
Agree that you can outsell WP7 with almost any OS but, bada is not a feature phone OS. It is a smartphone OS, and actually has more features than WP7 and more features than IOS.
I can agree that at the moment Android has slightly more features than bada, but when bada 2.0.1 come out, bada will be the best OS around.
7. nz (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:27 0 1
Seems to me that since it has taken so long for the sgs2 to get to the US it is going to be a bad idea to buy the sgs2 because it will be outdated rather quickly for us here in the US. Please give your opinion but it looks like I'm going to say sorry sgs2... your too late. -unhappy att customer
12. jinwons posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:37 1 0
Well, I think one of these new beasts will be SGS2 for US. Then I'm fine with that as it's better than original SGS2.
17. kq (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:51 0 1
phone tech is booming rapidly, all phones are getting outdated within months, just like how comps were during the mhz-ghz race. besides, hardware is outpacing software, most current software doesn't even fully utilize the available hardware. just settle on a design you like.
18. GALAXY-S posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:56 1 1
i actually agree with you on that ,,, taking way to long to launch here..-even more unhappy tmo customer
9. Adam Leonard (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:31 3 0
Wonder if these will come out in the US before the SGSII.
16. darth8ball posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:50 0 1
I thought that Sammy Function for Big Red was the CDMA version of GS2? Am I wrong? Little Help
10. xenover posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:32 4 0
Very nice! Can't wait to get my hands on that 4.3" 720p display!!!
19. baldilocks posted on 11 Aug 2011, 14:07 4 1
Really? 4.65 and 5.x" screens for a phone? Stupid.
24. Debbie (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 14:42 0 0
Well on the GT-i9220 either PA is wrong or AndroidCentral, this is from AC site:
* Android 2.3.3
* 4.3 inch Super AMOLED 1280 x 720 display (PA says 5.29)
* 1.4Ghz dual-core processor.
* 8MP camera
28. jacko (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 15:31 1 0
have u used a 5" screen i used the dell streak and with these specs that size would be a beast of a phone and its perfect size and thats no lie
29. remixfa posted on 11 Aug 2011, 15:51 2 0
you guys forget that ICS phones have no physical keys on the front.. that mean the screen will be top to bottom. A bigger screen doesnt mean a bigger phone with that..
34. Madden (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 17:06 0 0
I've been using the Streak for the past few months now....it's screen size is ideal. Even its call quality is the best I've used on any mobile phone (including the EVO)...
On top of that, it fits perfectly fine in most shorts/pants/jeans (including when you're sitting down). For girl jeans...that's a whole different story.
It's hilarious how so many people seem to say a phone should have a screen no larger than 4"....like seriously....even a 4.5" screen looks so small to me now....
30. slickman44 (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 16:13 1 1
Stupid? I don't think so wimpy...Bring on the massive 5.29 inch Super AMOLED Plus display !!!
33. Heatfan316 (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 16:39 2 0
@ balidlocks who are you the authority or something, there are people who do like screens that size, there are people in this world that are 6'5 and taller who may need phone that size, when you got big hands it's hard to hold a small phone, so shut your isheep ass up. And just so you know apple won't be matching these resolutions anytime soon crybaby. Hahaha!
35. Madden (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 17:10 0 0
The bigger the better....
I bet you over 95% of the people who trashed and listed the Streak as 1 of the phones to avoid.....has never even used one (much less...see one in person)...
I only needed a few days to get used to it....and it became just like any ordinary phones I used in the past year,,
Now...even the 4.3 & 4.5" phones look small next to it...
38. Heatfan316 (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 18:23 0 0
Yeah I have a infuse and love it, the streak is a lot bigger now just imagine a streak with super AMOLED plus and 720p resolution that will be the s**t,Samsung is taking over and apple won't be able to stop it, their trying but they will FAIL!
20. i.am.awesome posted on 11 Aug 2011, 14:07 1 0
i want samsung GT-I9250..... bring it baby.....
21. srh2288 (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 14:25 0 1
Awesome... All phones that will be pushed out with ics will have the big screen. I can't wait to c what HTC brings to the world of ics
32. GALAXY-S posted on 11 Aug 2011, 16:32 1 0
shhiiit i just wish gingerbread would be rolled out soon atleast....carriers in the US are slacking
23. m.i.k.e. (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 14:29 1 2
i'm cracking up while watching those screen sizes, like... really!? 4.3 is already little convenient if you like to type fast cuz when it's on landscape mode you can barely touch the letters in the middle of the keyboard... why would anyone buy a "phone" so massive!? i think Samsung is desperate to get attention... the thing is some fAndroids are probably jizzing in their pants right now even if they will have to carry around their phones in a big azz handbag
45. remixfa posted on 11 Aug 2011, 22:43 0 0
people just dont comprehend.. oi
ICS doesnt have physical buttons.. so that clears up.. up to an inch on some phones of chin at the bottom of the phone that can be pure screen. The LG GX2 has a chin about that big on it. That 4 inch screen could be a 5inch+ screen without changing the size of the phone. Why wouldnt you want more screen for the money? Especially when the phone size doesnt change? lol
They also invented this thing called swype. No need to landscape keyboard. :)
25. gallitoking posted on 11 Aug 2011, 14:43 1 8
and they critized Apple loyal fans... wow the nerve of this people.. thay wil buy all the crap Samsung trows at them... they are milking this SGII phones. making many "variations".. BS...
ps. sorry for stopping on my comment is just that I am fishing and just caught a Samsung fandroid... hmmmm is worthless tossing it back...
31. GALAXY-S posted on 11 Aug 2011, 16:18 2 0
i see your point of view and would agree but wtf samsung doesnt throw anything at us its all just rumors.... we dont even have the galaxy s2 soooo??? yea at this point i wish your statement was true but sadly its not :(
so thumbed down lol
50. gallitoking posted on 12 Aug 2011, 13:30 0 0
out of all people... I got you... rumors huh?... we will continue this talk in 3 months. when Samung will have saturated with the galaxy C, O, P, and Y... I mean not here in the US but my cousin in mexico will have the complete galaxy ABC's devices... have nice weekend.. and get an avatar please...
53. CorderoIan posted on 15 Feb 2012, 12:17 0 0
You were saying? lol
26. Moo (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 15:07 0 0
Come on new Nexus
36. galaxy (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 17:25 0 0
41. thehopefool (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 21:20 0 0
It would be so great if the us variant of sgs2 is more advanced since it is like 4 months older than its original release. Perhaps they waited so long so they could introduce this 1.4 ghz chipset in such a big market like the us. Keep your fingers crossed ;)
44. tre (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 21:57 0 0
the Samsung GT-I9250 is the nexus prime because they said it was gonna have a 5 mp camera with a HD sensor and a super amoled plus display with a monster screen.
46. devonblue4u posted on 11 Aug 2011, 23:36 0 0
Uh, Bell mobility up here in Canada already has the Galaxy S II in the 4G flavor. Yeah the news is the newer one has the 4.5 inch screen instead of the 4.3, but the resolution is the same so less pixel density.
51. InspectorGadget80 posted on 12 Aug 2011, 19:31 0 0
This doesnt prove anything. Ill just wait till theirs offical word.