Leaked Nokia slide shows life after Windows Phone 7.8
0. phoneArena posted on 17 Nov 2012, 22:51
One slide from a 25 slide deck shows that there is life for Windows Phone 7 models after Windows Phone 7.8; the slides also show that there will be a number of updates to Windows Phone 8, including the notifications page that wasn't finished on time...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. -box- posted on 17 Nov 2012, 23:15 16 1
That's our Nokia! Providing support to even EOL devices long past what is expected!
3. Bernoulli posted on 18 Nov 2012, 00:25 13 0
Except for nokia 808 pureview, a mobile launched this year and nokia saying that there won't be support for symbian
8. chaoticrazor posted on 18 Nov 2012, 06:48 3 0
thats true, nokia rarely drops phones fast when it comes to updates. but the 808 is one they slapped all who bought it in the face with. a bad move by nokia
15. haseebzahid posted on 18 Nov 2012, 10:22 0 0
thats becuase 808 was a camera prototype so when it comes to wp people know what it will be like. thats what i always thought of 808
17. chaoticrazor posted on 18 Nov 2012, 10:28 1 0
not really a prototype more a show off of what could be possible. but the fact they sold it to customers means they should support it longer
they cant think its ok for customers to hand over £500 for a phone they then stop supporting, one of nokia's bad moves.
18. -box- posted on 18 Nov 2012, 11:05 0 0
That is incorrect. It has already received two significant updates (currently on Belle FP2) and several software updates just for the camera. Even the N9 has gotten updates. There are still updates to come. Perhaps not Carla and Donna but still things to keep the devices useful and relevant.
19. chaoticrazor posted on 18 Nov 2012, 12:34 0 0
several updates for the camera? sorry but i havent seen any camera updates for my 808
yes belle fp2 is the latest update and yes its great but the point been nokia should be continuing the support it hasnt even been 1 year
20. -box- posted on 18 Nov 2012, 15:59 0 0
Check out Nokia Conversations and the Beta Labs for info about those updates. It may depend where you are in order to get the updates, some you have to do manually.
2. AliNSiddiqui posted on 17 Nov 2012, 23:57 1 3
Oh my God!! Even the Nexus (S) gets only one and a half year of support!
4. thelegend6657 posted on 18 Nov 2012, 02:56 3 0
So windows phone users no need to be upset afterall
5. megabok (banned) posted on 18 Nov 2012, 03:44 1 0
I wonder if this update will also be available for my HTC HD7..
6. N6600 posted on 18 Nov 2012, 04:21 2 0
According to tweet of Windows Phone Russia it will be. So we might be lucky to get it.
9. Mozarrt posted on 18 Nov 2012, 06:52 2 0
The only real thing I want is to choose the colors of individual tiles. Oh well, can't have everything.
10. B3BLW29 posted on 18 Nov 2012, 06:56 2 0
That's Nokia for you :) .. Nokia Never disappoints when it comes to updates, None of the ODMs can match Nokia :)
11. BeInspired posted on 18 Nov 2012, 08:00 0 1
My Lumia 900, I bought it from UK, and the date and time settings does not have automatic change function, I have to change it by myself when I arrive at each different country. Are there anyone having same problem with the phone? When it upgrade to Windows 7.8, will this feature get fixed?
13. snowgator posted on 18 Nov 2012, 09:01 2 0
While I know Nokia will support their devices, if the slide shows 7.XX, then it is a system upgrade- not just Nokia. Hopefully that means everyone.
14. chaoticrazor posted on 18 Nov 2012, 09:57 4 0
true this is not nokia, but windows doing the update so yeah should be for all devices
but does prove that when you think windows phone many associate it to nokia
21. snowgator posted on 18 Nov 2012, 19:33 1 0
Wow. Never even made the connection. +1 and a good catch.
24. -box- posted on 03 Dec 2012, 08:36 0 0
True, but this is a Nokia slide, hence the indicator about Nokia Extras between 7.5 and 7.8
16. Credo posted on 18 Nov 2012, 10:24 5 0
I only need the 7.8 update as fast as possible, i'm tired of waiting & waiting & waiting, my Cyan Nokia Lumia 900 would look so sexy with tiles all over my screen instead of just a few tiles with a black bezel at the right of the screen, please just release this update in a couple of days, then i already got my christmas gift,
22. snowgator posted on 18 Nov 2012, 19:35 1 0
No doubt!!! My Focus S needs a face lift!!
Come on 7.8... I want to play.....
23. Credo posted on 18 Nov 2012, 20:01 0 0
Actually, i have the app WP8 installed, do you know how many times i open it and set my Lumia 900 on table and look to it and say how sexy it looks with those new tiles ? :(