Leaked Nexus Prime app list shows no bloat but FaceLock
1. Whateverman posted on 29 Sep 2011, 17:39 6 0
No bloatware? Don't play with me man! Is this true or what?
4. MichaelHeller posted on 29 Sep 2011, 18:39 7 0
It is starting to seem that Google can make a deal with Verizon without conceding everything.
5. jogutier posted on 29 Sep 2011, 18:45 4 0
I believe that the last two Nexus also didn't have boatware, so it should be the same for this phone if it's branded as a Nexus.
6. ayephoner posted on 29 Sep 2011, 19:04 3 0
they never came to big red though.
big news for android. thats def the right direction!
14. SPcamert posted on 29 Sep 2011, 20:26 1 0
Only reason the nexus one didn't come to VZW was it was too similar to the HTC Incredible so they were just like "meh. we won't bother."
7. MichaelHeller posted on 29 Sep 2011, 19:24 1 0
That's why everyone was worried. The point of a Nexus device is a pure Android experience - no skin, no bloatware. Those are two things that Verizon has rarely done.
9. remixfa posted on 29 Sep 2011, 20:02 1 0
thank god samsung and Google are finally a big enough part enough of VZWs line up that they can start controlling whats on the phone a bit, like apple does... because you know VZW didnt give up its bloatware easily.
I hope they get to start doing that with other carriers too.
15. MichaelHeller posted on 29 Sep 2011, 20:39 1 0
I'm sure the trade-off was tethering. I have no faith that tethering will be default unlocked on any of the Nexus Prime variants, but Verizon least of all.
16. Whateverman posted on 29 Sep 2011, 21:24 1 0
Me neither, but I'm crossing my fingers anyway! VZW is the greediest and stingiest of all carriers, so I wouldn't be surprised if free tethering didn't make it. I think they had to do it with the Palm Pre because the sales weren't there. I was even shocked to see free navigation make it on the OG Droid. But then again, they couldn't hold off the iPhone with Env's and Blackberries for much longer.
20. remixfa posted on 30 Sep 2011, 08:22 1 0
have faith. maybe VZW is finally learning their lessons about dictating features on the phones only to have customers scream at them about it..... maybe.
13. remixfa posted on 29 Sep 2011, 20:25 1 0
at the time there wasnt much honeycomb bloat to put on it.. but im sure there was some VZW crap in there.
2. Orbiter (unregistered) posted on 29 Sep 2011, 17:44 0 0
any guess on if/when this beauty will be available on the other networks???
10. protozeloz posted on 29 Sep 2011, 20:12 0 0
Hopefully its a USA release on 4 mayor carriers at the same time, and maybe some countries. But there is no telling just uet
17. Allday28 posted on 29 Sep 2011, 21:26 0 0
Its not gonna be the same time. Verizon got the rights to release it first.. Thats why they didnt get SGS2..
3. longhairbilly posted on 29 Sep 2011, 17:47 3 0
No Bloat on a Verizon phone? I don't believe you. LIARS!!
18. Allday28 posted on 29 Sep 2011, 21:27 0 0
OG Droid didnt have any.. People act like Verizon phones are the only one with bloatware.. They all do it!!
23. ? (unregistered) posted on 08 Oct 2011, 14:14 0 0
The Original Droid was not a nexus device? The only nexus devices are: nexusone, nexus s and soon to be nexus prime...
21. mozes316 posted on 30 Sep 2011, 18:35 0 0
I will be opening up a new line on my VZW account just to get this... lol
I was all about the Vigor until I heard the Verizon might possibly getting a Nexus phone.