Leaked Nexus Prime app list shows no bloat but FaceLock
1. Whateverman (Posts: 3231; Member since: 17 May 2009)
No bloatware? Don't play with me man! Is this true or what?
4. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2692; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It is starting to seem that Google can make a deal with Verizon without conceding everything.
5. jogutier (Posts: 324; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
I believe that the last two Nexus also didn't have boatware, so it should be the same for this phone if it's branded as a Nexus.
6. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
they never came to big red though.
big news for android. thats def the right direction!
14. SPcamert (Posts: 56; Member since: 06 Feb 2010)
Only reason the nexus one didn't come to VZW was it was too similar to the HTC Incredible so they were just like "meh. we won't bother."
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2692; Member since: 26 May 2011)
That's why everyone was worried. The point of a Nexus device is a pure Android experience - no skin, no bloatware. Those are two things that Verizon has rarely done.
9. remixfa (Posts: 14145; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
thank god samsung and Google are finally a big enough part enough of VZWs line up that they can start controlling whats on the phone a bit, like apple does... because you know VZW didnt give up its bloatware easily.
I hope they get to start doing that with other carriers too.
15. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2692; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I'm sure the trade-off was tethering. I have no faith that tethering will be default unlocked on any of the Nexus Prime variants, but Verizon least of all.
16. Whateverman (Posts: 3231; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Me neither, but I'm crossing my fingers anyway! VZW is the greediest and stingiest of all carriers, so I wouldn't be surprised if free tethering didn't make it. I think they had to do it with the Palm Pre because the sales weren't there. I was even shocked to see free navigation make it on the OG Droid. But then again, they couldn't hold off the iPhone with Env's and Blackberries for much longer.
20. remixfa (Posts: 14145; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
have faith. maybe VZW is finally learning their lessons about dictating features on the phones only to have customers scream at them about it..... maybe.
12. protozeloz (Posts: 5381; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
The CDMA xoom didn't had bloat did it?
13. remixfa (Posts: 14145; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
at the time there wasnt much honeycomb bloat to put on it.. but im sure there was some VZW crap in there.
2. Orbiter (unregistered)
any guess on if/when this beauty will be available on the other networks???
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5381; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Hopefully its a USA release on 4 mayor carriers at the same time, and maybe some countries. But there is no telling just uet
17. Allday28 (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Nov 2010)
Its not gonna be the same time. Verizon got the rights to release it first.. Thats why they didnt get SGS2..
3. longhairbilly (Posts: 64; Member since: 23 Aug 2010)
No Bloat on a Verizon phone? I don't believe you. LIARS!!
18. Allday28 (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Nov 2010)
OG Droid didnt have any.. People act like Verizon phones are the only one with bloatware.. They all do it!!
19. iankellogg (Posts: 155; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
that was like the orginal nexus phone though.
23. ? (unregistered)
The Original Droid was not a nexus device? The only nexus devices are: nexusone, nexus s and soon to be nexus prime...
21. mozes316 (Posts: 142; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
I will be opening up a new line on my VZW account just to get this... lol
I was all about the Vigor until I heard the Verizon might possibly getting a Nexus phone.