Leaked Motorola Moto X promo video shows features, confirms August release
0. phoneArena 14 Jul 2013, 09:28 posted on
We've been seeing quite a lot of teases and rumors about the Motorola Moto X, but this is leaked promo video from Rogers Wireless is the first leak we've seen that gives a real look at the phone, the features, and even confirms an August release date for the device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 210; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
I'm tired of all of these leaks! Lame oversensationalised midrange smartphone! Pfft..
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Funny because you took the time out of your day, probably didn't even read the article or watch the video and posted a comment. So clearly, you're not tired with this phone.
41. bucky (Posts: 2443; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
can i apply the same logic with the hundreds of iphone articles you troll in?
47. darkkjedii (Posts: 19400; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Smurf isn't the biggest iPhone/iOS fan out there, but I've never known him to be a troll bucky. Troll, PAPINYC, Dorothy69 or should I say Doyle69, abcdefgh, and of course inspectorgadget80, now those are trolls. Smurf, WHoyton, WhateverMan, Berserk000, androiddownsouth, napalm, TedCord, DaveCann, quadrazeus, chaotic myself, and a few others are techies.
62. tedkord (Posts: 9863; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I've trolled on occasion. But usually in response to a troll on the other side of the aisle.
76. tedkord (Posts: 9863; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Mainly I do it to Mxy. He's one of the biggest trolls here.
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Leaks? "Lame oversensationalised midrange smartphone"??
Really? This isn't a leak! If you don't want to read the article, at least watch the video, if you can't do that as well, you shouldn't click on this article, dude.
15. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Did you watch the video?
It looks very good :)
58. vandroid (Posts: 326; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
It looks good but having to shake your wrist to launch the camera is stupid it'd be quicker to just turn on the screen and touch an icon
66. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
+1. And what if the wrist wiggle isn't done in the manner the phone is looking for? Maybe there could be a dedicated button to turn on the camera and then take a pic? There is an on/off button, so why not a dedicated camera/shutter button?
68. vandroid (Posts: 326; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Also that wrist shake could make people with butter fingers drop their phone and crack the screen
53. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I'd give it a shot if it has at least:
1) 2500+ mAh battery
2) 720p display
3) 8MP Cam
4) Snap 600
5) 2GB Ram
79. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
You know what I'm going too do. travel down too texas and try too sneak in the building where they are making the X Phones and pretend i work their steal it run away
3. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
"High specs" to "High performance and lovely experience."
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The phone looks like a Nexus, and looks good. One thing I personally don't like is how the phone handles notifications. Since the BB days and with the notification light on my S3, I can't use a phone without one. Other than that, the phone seems like a solid device.
20. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
read.read the article properly.then you may comment
33. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I read everything and saw the whole video, so what's your point?
45. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
you r saying that you cant use phone w/o notifications when article says that it does have onscreen notification
82. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
He was looking for notification light.
read.read his comment properly.then you may comment
69. alila2 (Posts: 134; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
this phone do look like nexus 4, and if we look closely its not the same phone that been leaking as moto x, its totally different than the one we saw in eric schmidt hands. i'm guessing that this one might be the international version .
5. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Stupid and a terrible contraption, ugly and just plain useless, no new features that are wow. I'm disappointed at Google and motocrap.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's the first phone that's implementing what Google showed at I/O where Google Now is always running in the background... Pretty useful in real life.
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 19400; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sure would be for me. I have Siri, on my 5 and still use google now also. Constantly updating in the background is awesome, just provide a good battery is all I'd ask.
52. jroc74 (Posts: 5980; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I started using Google Now more.. I used it to set a reminder for myself. Using features like Siri and Google Now...it makes things alot faster.
36. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
tell me about it. this is a must have feature for me once it hits the market.
13. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
And ladies and gentlemen we have our first inbred hater!
7. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
I see.. And i told everyone abt this..
THe gimmicks that Samsung are making are the key to make a real SMARTphone and the key to make your COMMERCIAL appealing
and see, other manufacturers are also following like LG and Moto :)
9. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
But will it be available in non-google play countries? Or it will get a huge mark up that the nexus 4 had outside of the non-google play countries?
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The problem is that some countries don't have Motorola anymore, including my country.
16. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Hater gonna hate XD
17. kozza3 (Posts: 697; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i don't think this was a leak... it was more of a teaser commercial
67. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"it was more of a teaser commercial"
Timing is about right. Need to get mind share what with all of the other announcements.
18. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
atleast someone is trying to put an end for lame gimmicks
78. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Are these features strike a different approach of gimmicks???
19. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
are you sure this is not a black galaxy S3?
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 19400; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Focusing on a high-end experience instead of just specs is a very good idea, specs are highly overrated in comparison to a good end user experience. Hope this is a hit for Moto/Google
51. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3605; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That's exactly what i want.
And since i'm not a flagship person, this will be a good investment in time.
Planning to get a midranged phone soon...
Hoping this X will be released just in time to 'waste' my cash...if it falls under 'that' price category.
73. darkkjedii (Posts: 19400; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I like what I see so far Nathan. Should be a winner
75. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3605; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
So far yes, the news about it is interesting.
Right now, i'm setting my mind on Xperia SP...but i'm a little skeptical about the screen.
So i'll wait till the X is released.
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 19400; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude I swear I was thinking the same thing. She has a lovely smile.
63. tedkord (Posts: 9863; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No. Just...no. And I like a little meat on the bones. XP
74. darkkjedii (Posts: 19400; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lmao me too, she's cute tho Ted...in a chunky kinda way
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 19400; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
People who only read the article need to watch this vid. This phone rocks judging by the sample they gave. It's looks are nice not great, but the whole package is nice. The camera, which is always my fav part of a phone is lovely.
27. marklugtu1302 (Posts: 14; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Now that's efficiency.. people will realize that they don't need very high end specs at $700... they will only need High experience phones...
28. imeubeu (Posts: 59; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
x is changing the game...we need phones that aren't just phones...we need a best friend that dont mind going into the bathroom wit us for twenty minutes...always there an hav our backs any time we need it
29. dorianb (Posts: 591; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
-Am I the only one who still misses the dedicated camera button?
-The idea of double wrist action to activate the camera may of been inspired by polaroid cameras? Shake to develope image.
-The onscreen notifications seemed to be a decent size so I can live without the notification light.
-Yep. Looks like a Nexus 5.
-Voice commands still AREN'T THERE yet, but ahead of NFC tech which I think is more useful.
31. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Battery will surely take a hit with that constant screen on and listening
46. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
not on amoled if it just pops for a second...
80. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
I don't know about the listening part but dexter is right about AMOLED.
Because of how OLED screens work, it's possible. It's nothing LCD could ever do, because of the way it relies on backlights. The new style of notification is actually a very unique and clever use of OLED's inherent property. Plus, since it pops in for just a second there is no worry about burn-in. Maybe it can pop up in random parts of the screen like a screensaver just in case though. lol
32. Bedz81 (Posts: 83; Member since: 30 Dec 2012)
Looks good but no definite answer on memory expansion, and yes i need it