Leaked KDDI documents reveal July launch, fingerprint scanner and 13MP camera for Apple iPhone 5S
Leaked documents from Japanese carrier KDDI call for a June 20th start to pre-orders and a July launch of the Apple iPhone 5S along with a 13MP camera and more
The leaked documents also reveal that the Apple iPhone 5S will feature the oft-rumored fingerprint scanner and a 13MP camera. The device will be powered by iOS 7. Problems with the fingerprint scanner have been previously mentioned as a reason for a delay in the launch of the device.
source: Nowhereelse.fr (translated) via TechRadar
1. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
The Motorla Attrix has a fingerprint scanner already, Apple better prepare for a lawsuit if it does anything similar to the way the Attrix uses the scanner.
The 13mp camera though is most likely an Exmor Rs and of course Apple will bring good software to compliment that wonderful camera.
6. Ninetysix (Posts: 1009; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Do you know why Apple bought Authentec last year? Do you think Authentec doesn't own any patents?
Also, Apple already has a patent which includes NFC+fingerprint scanner that dates back to 2008.
Google apple patent 20100082444
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I agree, Apple does great with cameras.
But that's only the thing i'm looking forward to...fingerprint scanner is just meh!
Maybe Apple decided to implement the scanner on their phones since their lock screen has always been bypassed easily!
9. mrblah (Posts: 165; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
Yah, say that when you tap to unlock r :) not slow and glitchy half a**ed Attrix style.
13. javac (Posts: 100; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
lol tap to unlock eh... you really think its going to be that easy? do you even know how finger print scanners work? try hold down for 3 seconds then unlock. Besides that it will have a ton of issues wrong with it. i hope you get i and it doesnt work for you at all so your stuck with a paper weight... o wait that still doesnt change much about the iphone
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 8878; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Now what do u have to say? Stop the hating man, people are starting to move away from that. Just like what u like dude.
16. javac (Posts: 100; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
I just hate when people dont have anything productive to say about either phone. To be honest your one of the only people i can have a discussion with because there are so many people that want to bash every phone on the market but have no idea what they are talking about. Its aggravating lol
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 8878; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly it's even android against android now. At first it was OS fanboy flame wars, now it's handset maker fanboy flame wars. When does it end? Next it'll be battery life fanboy flame wars lol.
23. javac (Posts: 100; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
no next itll be the type of proccessor each phone has.haha it is getting insane though. I work at Verizon and my biggest problem with he iphone i just that most people buying are people that wont listen to me and dont make educated decisions. I wouldnt have a problem with all the arguing if everyone would just do some research on he products you know?
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 8878; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yes I see that a lot too. Buying a name, not the product.
19. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
The first mobile phone with a fingerprint scanner was made by Siemens in 1999, it was Siemens SL 10 D. :)
21. xsmartphonex (Posts: 36; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Most of the consumers, don't even know what a Motorola attrix is..
25. stealthd (Posts: 818; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Yeah, the first Atrix used it, then they dropped it for the Atrix 2 and Atrix HD, so we're talking about a phone that isn't being sold or manufactured for. And btw, they didn't invent the finger print scanner, there's more than one way to do that, so if they did sue it would probably just be another loss in the courtroom for Googorola.
2. javac (Posts: 100; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
O god i hope they put everything that the rumors are saying into this next phone.
With the way apple has been f**king up this should be the end of the iphone.
4. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
I hope it ends them too. The rumors are not looking good at all.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 8878; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Why do you hope it ends them? Do you have any idea of the negative global impact it would cause by losing apple ?
17. javac (Posts: 100; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
No not apple i still think they make great devices such as ipads mabooks etc. but the iphone i just dont like. i dont wish the company to be gone just the iphone
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 8878; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No that was meant for HD Shatter. My bad javac
24. downphoenix (Posts: 2134; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
it would only be a negative impact for patent lawyers that rely on those apple lawsuits to make their big bucks.
Everything else Apple does can be easily done by another company and we will all move on. A few hipsters may off themselves, but such is the cost.
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 8878; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I was hoping for some intelligence. -1
5. xprimer (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
oh, bring it on. . .
I don't fel any excitement, why?
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5799; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm excited about the new camera on the next iPhone. I really want to see how well it performs.
10. javac (Posts: 100; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
The issue is they are putting way to much stuff in at once they are going to have some major issues with this net iphone if all of this is true
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5462; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Already have that feature on my atrix. Why got so hyped up on a technology thats already been on a older phone.
12. javac (Posts: 100; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Idk man why dont you ask every iphone user? That questions is right up there with the meaing of life. No one has an answer...
28. 9thWonderful (Posts: 228; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
why try to down play a feature being offered on a new phone b/c its already on a previous phone. doesn't mean they are going to do it the same way. ppl get hyped up b/c of brand loyalty & if a feature is coming to their brand...then that's cause for excitement. it seems like a pretty simple concept to me.
29. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4644; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Apple it's just too late, I'm not excited at all. I don't know why?
30. martinlosha (unregistered)
The camera is the reason why I want to buy it....
Apple really makes good cameras.
What about the screen size, any news for that?
32. ayephoner (Posts: 832; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
From Tim Cook:
"My view continues to be that the iPhone 5 has the absolute best display in the industry, and we always strive to create the very best display for our customers," said Cook. "Some customers value large screen size, others value other factors such as resolution, color quality, white balance, brightness, reflectivity, screen longevity, power consumption, portability, compatibility with apps and many things.
"Our competitors had made some significant trade-offs in many of these areas in order to ship a larger display. We would not ship a larger display iPhone while these trade-offs exist."
31. selena1000 (Posts: 81; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
what i'm most excited about is 13mp camera of the iphone 5S.the 8 mega pixel one on iphone 5 is still quite unbeatable