Leak shows universal apps for both Windows and Windows Phone are coming
1. Skoms (Posts: 118; Member since: 03 Feb 2014)
I think wp is in great need of Apps.
But I heard that nokia microsoft should focus on Android
maybe nokia can turn their red numbers with 1st android phone ( I think so)
and not needed to be eaten up by microsoft
7. Liveitup (Posts: 1797; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
All the most popular apps are on WP now or they are on the way .
2. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
I never really understood the purpose of RT but I'm glad that it'll be dead and gone.
5. wolfsaviorzx (unregistered)
So both Arm and X86 Versions of Windows could share apps. It's not going to die if you read.
3. alterecho (Posts: 1096; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Just as i said in another article.
@MS: Tiles+mouse =/= work
6. wolfsaviorzx (unregistered)
Tiles are just icons. Icons are set on a grid just like tiles. I havn't used my desktop for shortcuts since vista. I've used the taskbar for shortcuts in windows 7. Startmenu and desktop needs to merge.
8. Liveitup (Posts: 1797; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I use Tiles and mouse = Easy
Makes me wonder if some people tie their shoe laces or feed themselves.
4. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1136; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Seems nice for developers. I'm guessing games require less work to differentiate for different devices
11. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1372; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Folks all Windows 8/8.1 smartphones and Windows RT/ Surface 2 tablets use ARMS CPU's
so it will be easy for Windows 8.1 smart phones and Windows Surface 2/ RT to use the same Apps. However the Microsoft "Surface Pro" use's X86 Intel/ AMD CPU's so it's going to take some complex programing to make X86 CPU programs run on an ARMS CPU device. I wish them luck! Microsoft will need that to pull this off