Leak saga goes on: Nokia EOS aka Lumia 1020 back plate image confirms 41-megapixel camera
0. phoneArena 04 Jul 2013, 09:38 posted on
If there ever was an award for most leaked device, the Nokia EOS, aka Nokia Elvis, aka Nokia Lumia 1020, aka Nokia’s camera superphone…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (unregistered)
Oh man I'm getting giddy over knowing this is coming out. As long as its priced right on contract of course
17. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
The operating system is this phones downfall. Don't care how much flack I get for posting this, it's a fact. I've spent the last 14 months with the Lumia 900 and my brother the last 4 months with 920 and we both agree that Windows Phone is severely limited.Nokia, however, decent phones (my 900's call quality is almost unusable)
18. papss (unregistered)
I disagree.. I love my l920 and truly feel connected to my WP8 phone. Now I am also currently using a N4 as a second phone and its just not for me.. It looks and feels cold and robotic.
26. papss (unregistered)
On what? I change my sim from my android to WP often
41. tacarat (Posts: 704; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
Oops, replied to the wrong comment. Have the phone company replace the SIM. If you call the operators they should be able to make sure it's free. A bad chip can kill your call quality.
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This is how you do "Phamera". Take note Samsung!
7. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 210; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Speaking of phameras and xperia (which is in ur username), wasn't it 4th of july for the unveiling of Sony Xperia Honami? Hey PA! Any juicy deets from Paris?
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, it should be today. PA, have you guys forgotten the next BIG thing?
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Still the s4 is 2nd. After all that.
This will be Nokias 4th highend device and still will be equipped with
No Sd card
I was really forward to buying this Eos great superb camera phone, yet again let down by those last years specs. What a shame and a big joke.
16. akki20892 (Posts: 3895; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
troll u know, still have higher quality than sammy. lol
21. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
go read zoom review. You may like it, pathetic troll.
If it works, why whining? because you can't show off its specs on paper? It's butetry smooth, has enough power to make this monstrous 41 mpx camera works so what's the problem?????
34. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I want to feel the extra power.
Extra Torque and performance, speedy, zippy...
36. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
The platform can't really use that yet, and the only time you would realize such hardware is MAYBE with the top-end new-release 3D games. Everything else runs great. It's the metaphorical Ferrari in Manhattan/London/rush hour LA: lots of power and speed, but nothing and nowhere to use it on. Reeks of pretentiousness, and by the time something is available to use that power, there's a newer model you want instead.
40. akki20892 (Posts: 3895; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
oh ok i got u troll, u wanna feel the extra power then take "5 hour energy" shots. lol
3. Doakie (Posts: 1842; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Hmmm. The back reminds me of a ZTE Vital...
4. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
BOTH Xenon AND LED flashes
OIS and maybe even more lenses
Nokia pro camera app and new algorithms
and they say they will redesign zoom!?
wow, Nokia is putting everything they got into this beast, plz price it right nokia
6. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
its not led flash its seems the red led for focus
28. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i stil lthink its a focus red beem normally all the zenon flash comes with one in adjecent
37. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Possibly the focusing light; I believe the 928's setup is identical for camera flashes
5. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 210; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
This is so old news! We've seen this a lot of times already. Now we wanna see what happened in Paris for the Honami unveiling. Has it started yet?
11. SOwhat (Posts: 16; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
excuse me PA its not a lumia 1020 its a lumia 909 do a research please - source evleaks
20. papss (unregistered)
I've never heard it called the 909.... It's always been referred to as 1020, Elvis or EOS
32. SIGPRO (Posts: 1206; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
It will be called 909, Nokia will not use 1020!
33. papss (unregistered)
It seems you may be right.
14. luabin (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
where is my sony honami!!! i didnt read any updates or news from paris!!!
22. ajonly (Posts: 16; Member since: 25 May 2013)
Only SoC that is capable to handle the 41MP is Snapdragon 800 which is not yet supported by windows phone. Does this means Microsoft will use the nokia event to release the Windows Phone 8.1? i guess none of rumours on GRD2 update mention about the SoC support
24. Leo_MC (Posts: 885; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
That may be true for a bad os like Android; on Symbian a 41 MP camera is handled by a... single core.
27. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1502; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
The Microsoft windows 8 smartphones software is going to get some serious updates in the coming months that will add many features that Windows 8 smart phones now do not have. by the End of the year or the beginning of next year the Windows phone 8 blue up dates will be complete, so if anyone buys this smart phones in a little while it will have much better software then it has today and you wont have to buy a new Windows smart phone to get the updates.
39. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Actually I believe Microsoft and Nokia have both said all WP8 handsets will get the GDR3 update, which is said to be the one for more cores and higher resolution. The major update after that might just be for the quad-and-up, but it is too early to speculate. If the EOS/Elvis/909/1020/??? is as good as it is leaked to be, I won't want another phone until late 2014 or 2015 at the earliest. Still using my Lumia 900 with no problems despite the availability and desirability of the dual-cores.
31. SIGPRO (Posts: 1206; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Nokia EOS will be called Lumia 909, Nokia ditched the Lumia 1020 name!
PA should know this, 909 resembles the Pureview 808!