Leak of next-generation Apple iPad rear casing again shows design cues from the Apple iPad mini
0. phoneArena 22 Apr 2013, 11:38 posted on
Almost a week ago, we showed you a mold for a case that is allegedly made for the next iteration of the Apple iPad; on Monday a leaked photo of the rear casing for the tablet was revealed, which once again displays the design cues of the Apple iPad mini on the upcoming fifth-generation Apple tablet which will offer a thinner bezel and quite possibly be sporting an Apple A7X processor under the hood...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Looks the same too me. I see nothing different
2. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
This is exactly what I said when I saw the Galaxy S4.
18. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It must be that time again to see your eye doctor.
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Thinner and lighter is great! But I'm worried about the design and the iOS..........
I hope Apple will redesign the iOS and the iPad's design.
4. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I don't think the iPad itself needs a redesign, I DO believe iOS needs to be revamped if it's going to keep Apple moving forward.
iOS STILL looks & feels the same as it did when the original iPhone came out back in 2007.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Nothing like a familiar UI, eh? ;-)
Got to look out for those who can't handle change, and what-not.
25. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. lol
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Both need to be redesigned, just look at the iPad, and the iPhone, six years, SIX YEARS, and the design still remains the same! For example, the circle physical home button, they should at least make it become on-screen, this can be count as redesigned, and the bezels too, they should make it slimmer.
And let's say the iPhone, SIX YEARS later, and the design still remains the same, and it becomes even taller, not wider.
The iOS, we don't need to talk about that right? So, in conclusion, Apple have no creative, this is one of the weak points of Apple.
20. itreday (Posts: 68; Member since: 24 May 2012)
"If it's not broken, don't fix it." The design remains mostly unchanged because they got it right the first time. The only thing that needs a redesign is iOS.
31. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ok! I surrender! I agree with you!
22. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Saying the iPhone needs a redesign is fanboyism at its finest, as much as i hate iOS and love Android i actually love the design of Apple's products.
24. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I can agree with that. Apple sure knows how to design a phone & a tablet. Were they are REALLY struggling is in the UI department.
iOS is very boring & dry. People want functionality, customization & some flare, that is why Android is so HUGE. People see this & naturally are attracted to Android.
Apple is learning that even if you make a sexy phone, ultimately how you interact with it is MORE important.
32. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You love the design because the design is simple, and iOS is easy to use, so the combination between these two, equals = EASY.SIMPLE!
28. quakan (Posts: 1374; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I hope they never get rid of the physical home button.
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
To Apple's credit, they appear to be adding stereo speakers....
Maybe they could add a stereo UI? As in 3D? At least SOMETHING other than the so 2007 UI.
27. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That would be something. I mean anything is better than the current iOS. lol
13. kozza3 (Posts: 700; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
I hope they come up with something exciting, I love watching companies compete with innovative features but hate it when they just copy from each other. In part I think its the customers fault though for just buying whatever crap they put out there.
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Me too! I hope they come up something new and exciting!
And most of the peoples are following trend, most of them are teenagers, they think that buying an iPhone will make them look cool, well, they're wrong! Smartphone is smartphone, iPhone is smartphone, when you have a smartphone, you're already looking cool, even a low-end smartphone makes you look cool too!
7. moronman66 (Posts: 162; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
As far as rumors go, that all sounds realistic, and I must say, I think it looks better with the thinner bezel, but I wonder about the speakers, they might be stereo, but I think Apple should look at taking a page from HTC and going with amps with them? I'm sure loads of people would appreciate the living crap out of that, and it would sound nicer at higher volumes
19. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
That "loads" amount is still relatively small if we would put in percentage in market share. I am considered one of the "loads"
iWish vs reality
10. ojdidit84 (Posts: 458; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Only thing that really piques my interest about this is that IGZO display...
11. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Yeah people are going to be jealous when the first IGZO smartphones arrive with 3 + days battery life in tow. If Apple can monopolize Sharp's production of IGZO; it will be a huge advantage.
14. kozza3 (Posts: 700; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
and it would be a huge hit to customers. why should i be stuck with having to buy an Apple product to get the IGZO tech? on second thought, i guess it SHOULD push the rest of the industry towards even better displays.