Leak mentions LG, Sony, and Samsung Nexus devices
0. phoneArena 21 Aug 2012, 17:19 posted on
Earlier today we saw some leaked specs for a possible Samsung Galaxy Nexus refresh, but a new leak is showing that the old news about Google expanding the Nexus program may have been correct. The new leak shows that in addition to Samsung, LG and Sony may be building Nexus devices...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
33. gallitolimitededition (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I will go on record that if LG makes a Nexus.. I might consider coming back to LG...lol
58. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
You're not the galito that we used to see... the limited edition really is limited edition. Once the limited edition is over are you going back to normal?
60. gallitolimitededition (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
yes I am going back to my old ways.. on Thursday...
34. technut (Posts: 52; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
It's definitely nice to see Sony on the list. I have to admit though... I was kind of expecting to see Moto and/or Asus listed in the horde.
37. Katrina (Posts: 66; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Dude Sony Xperia Nexus!! Sony design and Google software best combination ever.
I bet you this will be the best selling phone :)
47. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
But that if SONY makes an effort? They never seem to concentrate on their phones like they do on there Tv's. Laptop. Cameras. Hifis. Earphones. Etc....
I wonder why?
39. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
I would love to see a nexus from every major player: Samsung, HTC, moto, sony, and lg.
With all phones running stock andriod with no ui's, we would really see who can design the best phone. My money would be on sony, only because i think they excel in design, they just need to step it up a little in the hardware department, but they are getting there.
42. infernal88 (Posts: 113; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
if these leaks to be true .... i guess the upcoming samsung nexus according the leaked specs would be the mid-range version . sony is the best when it comes to low-end droids .that leave LG with the flagship..still the big question : which company will make the 2012 flagship nexus?! since i do think they wont be all in same range ...
p.s. : - that is my opinion according the rumors i read nothing more..
43. MAS10X (Posts: 38; Member since: 26 Jul 2011)
I would believe the Sony Xperia Nexus based on the fact that Google is thinking of already providing "Nexus-Like" updates to a current Xperia phone. Lg would also be believable based on the Nov. 5th prediction of the 5 Nexi devices for Android's 5th "Birthday".
Samsung Galaxy Nexus II - Hoping it would be more of a Phablet than a phone
Lg Optimus Nexus - Waterproof???
Sony Xperia Nexus - Great build quality
Asus Transformer Nexus - Yes, I know they made the Nexus 7 already but this could be the 10" that was predicted
Motorola Razr Nexus - Come on, Motorola is own by Google.
45. MAS10X (Posts: 38; Member since: 26 Jul 2011)
Oh and hopefully they are all sold from the Play Store unlocked ready to use for everyone...
44. Katrina (Posts: 66; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Take that apple! youre out of the game when they release those monsters!
lol imma get alot of dislikes haha
50. ap1989 (Posts: 145; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Google i blame you for letting verizon control updates for galaxy nexus I'm getting the next iphone this fall
62. remixfa (Posts: 13942; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
anyone that seriously cared about the G-nexus's updates would not convert to an iphone over it. Nice try to troll.
Besides, they dont have much of a choice. You need authentication keys to do anything over CDMA. Without those keys, if Google pushed an update, the phone would be useless. Its the same as with Sprint. VZW is just more demanding as far as testing the update. GSM carriers dont have that issue.
64. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Wow, dude really? Go ahead with your iPhone, you wanna complain about updates, dont get me started on ios.
63. remixfa (Posts: 13942; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Yay. hopefully increase nexus devices means increased specs and competition among them. Tired of seeing the Nexus get gimped to protect the "flagship" devices.
66. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Agree 100%, I would love to see nexus phones that are at the very least on par with flagships, just because some people prefer stock doesn't mean they should be short changed.
69. metoyou (Posts: 277; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Super smart move Google! more manufactures means no delay, more style, more different screen quality that fit people taste and their die hard fan!
Looking forward to see the next nexus, this could be my next device
72. shuaibhere (Posts: 1597; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
No chance for sony when there is no chance for htc.....
74. imkyle (Posts: 1009; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I would be curious to see what LG would bring.
75. ncv144 (Posts: 126; Member since: 04 May 2012)
They should make the Nexus Collab; build from HTC, designed between samsung and htc, hardware by samsung, camera by sony, batery from moto and i dont know what to give lg since i would prefer samsungs amoled over the lg displays, so i guess lg would have marketing or somthing. Oh and also sony in the design area. Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie introduced by Nexus C (they should also make nexus c thats midrange-lowrange so everyone can get their piece of pie.).
95. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 103; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
Design and cam : Sony
Internals like CPU, memory : Samsung
Buid quality : HTC
Screen : Definitely LG IPS 2 HD with proper RGB layout and they dont have that blueish tint that AMOLEDs have
Battery : Motorola's Razr MAXX class battery.
Case : Otterbox defender :p
96. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 103; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
And forgot name it, it should be Nexus In-your-dreams :p
77. bkb01 (Posts: 43; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
GSM arena posted the features of the next samsung nexus device gt 19260, it has an 8mp cam and a microsd slot with 16gb on board memory. the only thing holding me back from buying nexus devices was the absence of an sd card slot. this is actually good news. Galaxy nexus on jellybean just destroys my SGS2 ICS. im definitely getting the next nexus with the microsd slot:)
78. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
an LG Nexus should solve LG's updating problems lolol
i would either get the LG or Sony Nexus. wont even consider e Samsung. sad that Moto isnt included in e list though :/
79. VJo003 (Posts: 332; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Sony Xperia Nexus.... That could be mouthwatering
81. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6588; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Please Google choose SONY they make beautiful designs than SAMSUNG/HTC put together
82. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
sony makes really good phones...
hope google will let manufacturers release a nexus phone on its line
samsung galaxy nexus II
motorola razr nexus
sony xperia nexus
lg optimus nexus
huawei ascend nexus
asus transformer nexus
it will be a nexus party!!!
84. megaSUNNY (Posts: 59; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
if its true then thumbs up for XPERIA nexus.the company thinks lot about style and beauty along with features...just needs to improve screen
88. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
If its true, i might skip xperia tx / gx / hayabusa
90. smallworld (Posts: 438; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Also they should consider ditching the name "nexus" it's too geeky to sell well.
91. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
SONY SONY SONY !
SONY HAS THE BEST DESIGN and WILL SOON ROCK THE QUAD CORE with that IF YOU ADD GOOGLE SOFTWARE , I GUESS SAMSUNG AND HTC WILL NEED TO INTRODUCE OCTACORE TO PUSH SONY BACK :D
SONY FTW !
93. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
Irrelevant because the future of smartphone or indeed having no future, actually depends on if cell carriers continue the trend of charging more for less. If they continue to escalate usage costs, then the smart phone craze is doomed and there won;t be any need to innovate.
94. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 103; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
This and the news that google will be experimenting with AOSP on xperia s makes me believe the news. It will be a helluva device at least design wise, and they better get the best of cameras on it. Excited for xperia nexus, as per one nexus? It will be good to see a HTC nexus device but they should be extra careful this time around.
98. Chasers (Posts: 21; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
This sounds like googles way of controlling hardware and software on the OEMs while staying open source. Baisically if you abide by our hardware specifications and dont put your crappy software UI on the phone you can call it a NEXUS.