Leading manufacturers unite against Google
Of course, these upcoming devices will take advantage of the best qualities that can be found in the companies' present models. According to APRL's (that's how the alliance is called) press-release, we can expect smartphones with a simple and clean design, SurePress touchscreen with an aspect ratio of 51:9 (that's LG's part) and a magnificent hardware QWERTY keyboard. The software will not support multitasking, but will benefit from an enormous app storefront and outstanding business capabilities. The first phone to run the new OS will appear sometime in Q1 2011 (probably on Feb 30).
19. E.N. (Posts: 2216; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Yeah I realize that now. It was still 11:48pm when I first read it, so I wasn't even thinking about April fools.
4. cellgeek82 (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
I know this one is fake! Hell would freeze over before Apple unites with anyone. Fanboys and non-fanboys alike can agree on that.
6. warhed (Posts: 56; Member since: 07 Mar 2010)
Am glad they are doing that! Its about time they did something! Lol too early for this stuff...
7. boriqua2000 (Posts: 34; Member since: 11 Mar 2009)
HAHAHAHA!!! this one is even better than the EVO4G coming out on APRiL 16th.
8. surethom (Posts: 91; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
April Fool, But Why would LG be in such a group, they dont have there own proper software like the others.
9. cellgeek82 (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
They probably couldn't think of anyone else :P But Nokia or Samsung would've been better since they're larger than LG.
12. liquidmonkey (unregistered)
the screen ratio of 51:9 should have raised a few eyebrows ;)
14. Kblakeshot (Posts: 10; Member since: 05 Jan 2010)
I like the way they took a shot at Apple... "The software will not support multitasking" Haha... but so true
15. clevername (Posts: 1379; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
The device will be called the APRL 1....eh, too easy
20. underwood2012 (Posts: 49; Member since: 12 Sep 2009)
Anybody else catch the "February 30" part? Haha. If that didn't give it away, the source definitely should have!
21. networkdood (Posts: 4749; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Starnge, I can be on the phone and pull up other apps, while on the phone call - yeah, it can not multi-task.....lol