LeBron James opens his own retail store, stuffs it with 45 iPads to sell you shoes
1. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
what's surprising about this? and what's wrong if he used iPads instead of other tablets out there? he prefers the iPad and we all have our own preferences..
3. Crossblade (Posts: 187; Member since: 21 Apr 2005)
it is nice to see technology integrating in our lives, including in non-geek shops
2. Fallout09 (Posts: 412; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
It's not so much that he is using iPads, it is that he has 45 iPads on a wall of a shoe store. I think the author feels (as so do I) that it would make more sense to put 45 different pairs of shoes on the wall. Of course most people in the world find easier to manipulate the actual shoe as opposed to viewing a picture of a shoe on a iPad.
4. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
@Fallout09 come on man it's some sort of a gimmick..
5. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 801; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
What they did with the iPads seems like a catchy gimmick and might work or it might have already worked, anyways it's their damn business and they dont give a damn about any optimism from this site. . .
6. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
HEH! lebron james. LOL! what a suprise. a basketball player selling sneakers. lol
7. Fallout09 (Posts: 412; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Gimmick??? Seems like a bad idea. Why would anyone drive to a store to view shoes on iPad when you can get the same experience from the comforts of your own home?
9. ZayZay (Posts: 555; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Why get skinny when you can eat all you want and have everything delivered to you and sit on your couch and gain weight?
It's about the experience of going to a store.
10. Fallout09 (Posts: 412; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Exactly, that’s just it..... Manipulating a shoe on an iPad is not a true store experience. I see it mimicking an @ home experience in a physical store. Adding technology just for the sake of technology is pointless if it doesn’t make the user experience easier or better. I can safely say that by adding these 45 iPads, it doesn’t improve the shopping experience in any way.
11. rockhouse67 (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
Why would he put a virtual version of the shoe by itself, when the the shoe is sitting right under the ipad? Dont be such idiots. It says in the article also to "get clothing suggestions and pricing..." Possibly meaning matching clothing options for whole outfits or single combinations. Shirts, hats, sweat...etc. Dont be so critical. Hes rich, if his shop tanks (Which I hope he's successful), big deal. It's his...
12. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
if Lebron wasnt such a tool, i'd prolly buy something from his store ;)
13. jbash (Posts: 339; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
the store will do well this year and then in the fourth quarter, for some reason we can't figure out, it will choke and fail