Lawsuit in Korea: LG countersues Samsung for infringing on OLED patents
0. phoneArena 27 Sep 2012, 03:05 posted on
Shortly after Samsung accused LG of stealing its intellectual property related to OLED displays, LG decided to return fire and sue Samsung for infringing on some of its own OLED-related patents...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE APPLE!!!
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1908; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
The patent wars will never end since apple started it all...
14. zuludthunder (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
these patent battles r nothing but just another revolutionary INNOVATION by apple...where in the world nobody knew how to show their grudge towards the increasing competition apple taught them that patent battles r the way to go...LOL
2. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 398; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
oh FFS - who else is sick of this litigation crap?
3. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
wow... no more one korea!
so war freaks.. stop this nonesense now!
6. StephenGal0p (banned) (Posts: 21; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Oh coz no one wants to work with Samdog, they are known for copying.
9. cheetah2k (Posts: 1040; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Samsung is using OLED screens? I thought they were AMOLED..
And since when have LG produced a phone using their own technology? Their own phones are predominantly IPS LCD's...
Oh well. Good luck sammy
11. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1134; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
stop taking sides. LG and sammy should both stop.
there is no point in rumbling in one's own Android backyard :)
21. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
AMOLED it is OLED with AM... i really dont know what the meaning of that but samsung did something to OLED!
4. frydaexiii (Posts: 1314; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
And this is why we can never get the perfect phone, one company makes this phone which has something I like, another company makes another phone with something else I like, but can never be put together because of this s**t...
5. ElektronicGeek91 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
C'mon Samsung don't be like Apple you suppose to be better than that.
16. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Samsung didn't violate anything, they have the right to sue because they've invented OLED, besides L.G. contersued *not related to OLED but Narrow Bezel lol, this sounds familiar with the rounded rectangles+Apple :}
19. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
im pretty sure it was Sony not Samsung
7. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
You know what...don't even care anymore, it's too much. I'm officially consumed with apathy regarding tech giants and lawsuits.
10. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1134; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
oh come now boys let's keep it in the family. Stop the fighting.
I am sure we can sit and settle our differences rather than behave like uncivilized Rotten Apples!
12. doejon (Posts: 386; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
LG obviously has stolen the oled technolgie from samsung...
that has nothing to do with rounded corners...
13. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 413; Member since: 04 May 2012)
LG fights back because they don't want Samsung pushing them around.
15. mukrenol (Posts: 90; Member since: 03 Sep 2011)
well... think about it... LG will have apple's full support... as they are the suppliers for apple now
wait til apple sues LG then they will get it... -___-
22. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
LG and Samsung 's lawsuits has nothing to do with Apple, They both have been suing each other before apple even made their first ipod.
20. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Lol narrow bezel that's patentable now too...