Lawsuit forces Motorola to abandon XOOM name, even though it already has
0. phoneArena 21 Aug 2013, 11:55 posted on
There probably wasn't much likelihood that Motorola was going to revive the XOOM branding, but the chances are completely gone now. Motorola has been engaged in a lawsuit with Xoom Corp, an online payment provider who has been suing Motorola over the trademark on the name Xoom. A new report says that Motorola has settled the lawsuit...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3746; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Motorola should abandon it like a boss, just like "You want that XOOM name? Okay, take it and shut up."
Since there are many names to choose. Maybe like Moto XTab?
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4219; Member since: 14 May 2012)
XTab doesn't sound appealing. So far, nothing beats the Nexus name.
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3746; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Agreed. Nexus is the best name so far. Unless Google choose Motorola to make the next Nexus tablet, it will be called the Motorola Nexus 10 or whatever the name is. But that's impossible.
5. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 673; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I would love for them to come out with a tablet that you can customize like the Moto X.
6. kanagadeepan (Posts: 519; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Or shake the tablet twice to open Camera????
9. marbovo (Posts: 347; Member since: 16 May 2013)
How hard is for google to put a camera button on a smartphone?!?! lol
7. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2448; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Might as well abandon the name since Motorola has already abandoned the tablet.