Launch of Apple iPad 2 in China turns ugly; four are hospitalized
0. phoneArena 07 May 2011, 15:14 posted on
The Beijing Sanlitun Apple Store in China closed temporarily on Saturday after a fight broke out between an employee of the store and scalpers; the glass door of the store was shattered and four people were hospitalized in the incident...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
well, you sure dont see this for anything but an apple product...
7. Whateverman (Posts: 3196; Member since: 17 May 2009)
So what are you saying? I'm not sure if you read the article or not but this doesn't sound like a "Yay, Apple makes great products" kind of story. Four people were sent to the hospital because of scalping... That's not good.
8. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
did i ever say it was good? All i said is that this would only happen for an apple product...
14. Whateverman (Posts: 3196; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Did you not see where I asked "so what are you saying?" I wanted to be clear on what it was you were implying.
15. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
okay great? im glad u understood? cause u kinda went off on apple more than ask me whatever u wanted to ask me
17. Asr (unregistered)
So wait, let me get this straight... The original comment was "stupid, brainless people" to which you replied that this happens ONLY for Apple products. Did I misunderstood or did you mean that people who buy Apple are stupid and/or brainless?
18. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
u misunderstood me. hahaha the people who wud go through a window to get an ipad 2 obviously are, but nowhere did i say that all apple people are.
23. BobbyTaba (Posts: 316; Member since: 11 Aug 2010)
Is there like nothing to do in China? They should be building iPads not waiting in line for them.
2. Sniggly (Posts: 6983; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Lol. So where are Taco and Gemini? I want to see them try to give this a positive spin.
40. Sniggly (Posts: 6983; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Not at all. I blame the stupidity of people who would fight over a tablet.
4. joey18 (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
the problem are big line they have only 10 ipads same black friday in best buy i want 5 morning to get my comput ouside in the store asian people saling thos tickets for 100 dollars what scam for best buy
5. renmas (unregistered)
What is wrong with you and why can't you type?
29. biggles (Posts: 212; Member since: 15 Oct 2009)
It's because he's typing it on his iphone.
6. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
LMFAO they are like mosquitoes to an electric light trap
9. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
And why do we not have cool apple stores like this?
10. box (unregistered)
that store looks cold and corporate..... why is that in any way appealing?
11. IOS5 (unregistered)
Kung Fu his ass or something XD
25. Eingild (Posts: 203; Member since: 19 Apr 2011)
Why the hell do you need to fall in line and fight with others just to get a tablet? It's a tablet for goodness sake! Will they die if they weren't able to buy one? I bet if you rip off the apple logo from the back, people won't even care if it's already in the market or not. Stupid people! Killing each other for a tablet.
26. IOS5 (unregistered)
And who the f?$&! Asked you to buy Apple product adasdasds! Go and buy your butter and cheese this the only thing you known about it cheese boy lol.
27. weirdfisher (Posts: 51; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
I live in hong kong.
We dont like the 'mainland chinese people' because what they do are like locusts.
Ironically today's 'high end techs' are made by these people
28. Spadow (unregistered)
androids stop hating on this article.
your just jealous chinese people dont go crazy over your fully customisable brillant androids.
because everybody knows an apple a day keeps droids away.
30. momo2 (unregistered)
What ever happened to ordering online?
31. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
From what I've gathered there was a lot of scalpers trying to buy up the iPads and resell them. The Apple store was trying to prevent scalping and that's where the confrontation happened.
32. Sniggly (Posts: 6983; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yeah, that's what I gathered from this article. Sucks that the scalpers were doing that, but it wasn't the job of the Apple employees to do anything about it.
36. iwebdroidberry7 (Posts: 230; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Yes Sniggly, we get it, Apple is evil. GTF *rolls eyes*
41. Sniggly (Posts: 6983; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I didn't blame Apple. I blame the store employees who got into the altercation. Apple would probably agree with me that their actions did the opposite of helping the situation.
43. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
Wow, this is awesome marketing. Right fandroids?
44. Carolyn Horvath (unregistered)
pls let me do it