Latest speculation: Next Apple iPhone to have 8 pin dock connector
One of the sources also claims that a previously unannounced feature in iOS 6 will act as a bridge for all Bluetooth 4 capable devices in Apple's lineup. If true, you could be able to make phone calls from an Apple iPod, or display iMessages received by an iPhone over a future Apple iPod nano. Last year, Apple joined the Bluetooth SIG Board of Directors. That gives the Cupertino crew the ability to help set standards and licensing. Last year's launch of the Apple iPhone 4S introduced the company's first handset with Bluetooth 4.0
source: iLounge via AppleInsider
1. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
just cant wait for the iphone 5, its high time now.
6. Commentator (Posts: 2494; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
If only to end the speculation. Also, not to call you out specifically because a lot of people do it, but I don't understand why people are calling it the "iPhone 5." It's not even the 5th iPhone model, it's the 6th.
10. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
i agree to u, but the thing is that people all over the world are w8ing for the iphone "5" which will have all new design and new features , which was supposed to be launched last year, but unfortunately didn't. and now it's been more then two years and this iphone 5 is at its full hype.
22. mas11 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
From what we've seen in the leaked images the next iPhone will look exactly the same as the 4S, it will just be a little longer.http://www.phonearena.com/news
25. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
these are not the offiial press realease from apple, now dont teme you didn't knw that !?
30. mas11 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I would be willing to bet that this is what the new iPhone will look like. Do you really think Apple changes their design?
32. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
dont you think iphone 4 was different as compare to iphone 2g and iphone 3gs?
34. mas11 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Not really, they look the same from the front. All Apple really did was remove the curved back and make it flat.
37. mas11 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
That's not much of a difference.http://www.apple.com/iphone/co
38. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
you know the biggest icatching thing in iphone is its front, which makes it differnt from other fones, honestly i dont want them to change it , just lil cosmetic change is ok. but not drastic. i like it. and others also.
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Why not just use USB ?
Apple only cares about the money they'll get by selling this as an overcharged accessory...
3. hung2900 (Posts: 821; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
USB pin = no profit from selling the cables.
" Apple Focuses on Great Products Not Profits" - Jonathan Ive
23. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
And have the third-party accessory manufacturers pay Apple a surmountable amount of license fees if they want to manufacture and sell adapters that are proprietary and patented? This is the reason why Apple will never put widely used mini-USB adapters (that the industry uses) on their iDevices... Just shows the greed of this company
39. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
And they will call the new 8 pin dock "revolutionary" lol
4. bachelorrn0121 (Posts: 57; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
the reason is for overpriced accessory. in this case you need to buy new instead using accessory from your old iphone
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
My question was just a rhetorical since I have answered it in the same comment. :P
14. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
you edited your post... it only showed the question first.... :-P
17. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
After someone post, you can't edit it. :P
27. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
micro usb sucks/ i got my wireless charger for my sg3 cause every micro usb charger starts to get loose and failes after a while.on my ipad and iphone i never had a problem with the conecter. my cords did fail at the joint where the ruber wiould start to break apart. apple does there own conecter i think because there far superior than usb of any kind.
33. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1653; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I have never had a problem with micro USB maybe you're just too rough with it or keep buying the cheap Chinese knockoffs
35. Goldeneye (Posts: 360; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Simple, if they go USB they lose the exclusive compatibility to a million of accessories made for the iPhone/ iPad/iPod and not just no name accessories brands like Bose, JBL, Sony, you name it when any of these guys have made any accessory micro USB ready? Sure they have the audio aux but you need a nasty cable, that's why, just my 2 cents.
8. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
This new connector will make all the others (before it) iObsolete.
Yaaaay, Apple gives us all another valiD reason to upgrade.
11. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
dont panic there will be an accessorie to connect the old iphones with new gadgets. stay calm
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
So, plus one more accessory, nice strategy to earn more...
13. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Sorry, you have been miSiNformed; eveyone will have to buy the "new" iPhone 4S (continued). As well as, new Bose Speaker dock; composite TV Out cable set; Brookstone Desk Clock / Charger; MiNi Food iProccesor with iCradle; etc....
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Even better... LOL :D
Good luck for iPhone lovers. ;)
28. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Who cares he is Android fan or not, but he told the truth!
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5953; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
How is this revised connector 'news'? Rumors about the revised connector have been circulating since the first 'leaks' about the chassis started making the rounds (2 months ago?).
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5953; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Edit - I see on second read that the article is referring to an 8 pin connector + expanded use of Buetooth. I doubt Apple will go ths route, simply because it involves reliance on Bletooth for control functions. If Apple owned Bluetooth, that might be a plausible scenario, but since Apple doesn't own Bluetooth, it ain't gonna appen.
19. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
MAN! Who CARES!
What a homely slab. And so SMALL. Can't use it, eyes are not good
enough. Don't see how in the world they and Toyota ever get anywhere
with their tired, old-fashioned, uninspired designs. The only thing they
have going for them is their relative reliability, and that is
beginning to fade. I guess there is solace in comfortable old designs.
Can you imagine wanting to buy a chevy made to 1950 design specs in 2012 just because it was something NEW back in 1950. Yea, a nice, solid 1950 chevy. Imagine all the improvements in cars in the last 62 years that they would have to literally ignore.
I suppose they are going to call it the "New iPhone". Cute. That would be even sillier after the farce with the iPhad 3.
24. JessJess (unregistered)
Why so serious?
36. Aeires (unregistered)
Because, this changes everything. Literally.
Seriously though, one thing I did respect about Apple was standardized dock connections. Can't see a reason to change them, but I'm sure they'll have that slide ready this September.