Latest rumors about the Samsung Galaxy S 4
0. phoneArena 08 Mar 2013, 11:15 posted on
An interesting rumor is circulating about the screen on the Samsung Galaxy S 4 and according to this rumor, the device will carry a floating touch display with the use of a green PHOLED screen; there is also speculation about two different prototypes of the device being prepared with the possibility that both versions will be used...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
68. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3042; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I love the AMOLED display on the Note 2, it's non pentile and fixes nearly all the complaints. It's bright, vibrant, colorful, deep blacks, and perfect viewing angles. But hey not everyone is going to agree on what display it should have, but at least we can all agree the SGS4 and Note 3 will be amazing.
4. Diego! (Posts: 508; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Just less than a week away!!! And the leaks keep coming! I'm sure we will see something today. It's my birthday wish! Happy B-day to me :D
25. cloud_atlas1991 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Happy birthday in Filipino. :)
71. Diego! (Posts: 508; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Muchas Gracias!!! (Thank you so much in Spanish) :D
5. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
According to the rumors asian version will have a Exynos 5 processor
38. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Probably because Exynos doesnt support LTE? Just my blind guess. Asian S3 was Exynos quad core + 1 Gb Ram, while USA's was Snapdragon S4 duo core + 2Gb RAM. Snapdragon was used for USA's variant because of LTE chip.
47. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4108; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Samsung fixed that problem though, as you can see with the U.S variants of the Note II having Exynos and LTE.
7. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1009; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
The S4 looks good, but why wouldnt they have 4.2.2 available at launch. makes no sense to have the phone at 4.2.1 then update it within the same month. Id assume that there isnt much improvement between the two. Lets see how much it'll be.
13. _Bone_ (Posts: 2140; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Because units are already rolling off factory lines and being packed to have enough for next month's launch, so the included SW had to be ready weeks ago. Samsung will do what it always does by releasing the first big update upon launch, bringing some 10-20% performance and efficiency benefits.
Better yet: it'll get 4.2.2 before Xperia Z and HTC One gets 4.2.1.
55. true1984 (Posts: 593; Member since: 23 May 2012)
If it does have the Exynos 5 it better have a huge battery. i'm sorry but an A15 quad core seems like overkill, but for some odd reason I still want it...
10. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
The Galaxy S4 will have the FLEXIBLE DISPLAY something nobody in the industry would've expected. It will also have the Exynos 5 Octa 5410 processor with the PowerVr SGX 544Mp3 Gpu. Clearly the Galaxy S4 will be the BEST DEVICE on the market till the Galaxy Note 3 launches in September/October 2013.
14. _Bone_ (Posts: 2140; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
And what would you do with a flexible display on a non-flexible phone?
22. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 129; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
@Bone, what would you do with a flexible display on a non-flexible phone?
Drop tests without breaking the display ;)
The display will be unbreakable...isn't that enough?
43. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Haroon, That is wrong; display is flexible, true, but the glass is not as flexible. Let's say you dropped the phone against a pavement and the thin bezel dented, twisting the glass and breaking the glass, the fragments can still damage the screen underneath. Tis happened to both my S2 and my friend's S3. Gorilla Glass has high scratch resistance but low tensile strength, which means twisting (not bending) it can break it. Im not going to buy another Samsung again, ever.
78. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
s3 user for almost a year.. no major scratch whatsoever.. i guess i'm not dumb enough to drop my phone.
129. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 129; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
You just made your own theory about how flexible glass works. Where did you come up with that lame theory?
S2 and S3 do not have a flexible display. They are not even in production yet. Plus, you have to be really dumb to blame Samsung for a fault you mention that is in Gorilla glass. Gorilla glass never claimed to be unbreakable. It is still very strong and much stronger than ordinary glass that was used before on smartphones or cell phones. Almost all manufacturers use Gorilla Glass. Maybe you should stop buying from all of them?
86. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Stop hating....You won't be buying anyway we already know that...
15. Diego! (Posts: 508; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
If it has a Flexible Display it will be a mega-hit! We will have to wait just 6 more days! :)
56. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 915; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
You must be the biggest Samsung fanboy alive...
87. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Yes Gladly I am what fanboy are you??? Apple or some silly stock android fanboy??? Samsung rules this space my friend if your walking around with anyother device then your not in the tech game properly
100. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Youlm isnt even out yet. They only have a prototype flexible screen
16. linas_ltu (Posts: 32; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
If it does amoled display again, i hope they will make it at least 450 nits of brightness.
36. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Amoled displays have highest contrast ratio. Sunlight doesn't get easily reflected of its surface.
57. true1984 (Posts: 593; Member since: 23 May 2012)
if that were the case the outdoor visibility would be better than the one x
17. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Don't care Xperia Z is still more impressive than this piece of glass :-P
37. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Just checked the phone today. Well built phone. But display is a letdown, poor viewing angles and poor placement of speakers and audio quality not upto par. Battery endurance is even below sgs3 and stamina mode very similar to power saving mode.
69. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
are you sure you have seen Z?
i have this phone and i wonder why i didn't notice any of these flaws you have mentioned. even i wonder how you could test the battery in a short time.
my Z's display is perfect and has great viewing angles and even i think it features IPS-LCD.
for battery results check here :http://blog.gsmarena.com/sony-xperia-z-battery-test-is-ready-here-come-the-scores/
you see it did well enough.
the speaker and specially audio quality of mine is perfect.
so, thats why i doubt the phone you have visited was Z
72. Ninetysix (Posts: 1679; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I'm sorry but Z's battery life is pathetic.
81. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Are u stupid or what? Ofcourse gs3 will have better battery because it has to push only 720 while xperia Z has to push 1080p. 1080p drains more battery than 720p. For me xperia Z battery is very good just look at the link that emad sent
113. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Sony is crap. Shameless slow on updates. Zero commitment
23. dynamo.one (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
Thank god they are using oled, I was getting worried.
30. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Note 2 - OLED
Optimus G Pro - LCD
If anyone wants LCD on a samsung just buy the LG Version
JK, Not really.
Few Know That LG and Samsung work together, like good neighbors should.
32. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Just check the battery test for g pro in gsmarena. Endurance rating of 50hrs for a device packing 3140 mah is very poor. Very much on par with sxz. Clear indication that lcd displays are poor when it comes to battery efficiency.
91. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Xperia z mobile bravia engine 2.
31. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I want amoled displays for the international version.
40. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Dear android fans, i'm sick of hearing you complain and debate about the most insignificunt element on a smart phone. Seriosly who cares about oled n stuff as long as it's made by a good company? no body cares what you think,why wont you quit moaning like a bunch of girls and buy any sh¡t that has the android logo on it like you always do?
45. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Specs is the factor that gives them the opportunity to show off. iOS and Windows Phone has proven if the OS is optimized it can run smoother on lesser specs. I bet there will be a few who goes around telling others their S4 have an Octacore processor when it is a quad core processor with 8 cores switching the cores around depending on the tasks, and only up to 4 cores will run. Sure, you can use custom rom, overclock, and make it run all cores, but no one's to blame except the user himself if the phone becomes a microwave oven or the battery only last less than half a day.
94. shuaibhere (Posts: 1676; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Dear dumb ass....
Why can't you shut your mouth???
If you doesn't care about oled or lcd.... that doesn't means no one cares...
You can blindly buy whateva your company will feed you but it isn't case here...
Which phone has android logo on it???? Can you explain that pls....oy
101. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And we re sick of u saying android copies apple and deserve too pay apple lots of money. And tired of b.s. patents & court law suit news
118. clark (Posts: 51; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
@N-fanboy - why dont you shut your mouth huh? Maybe you know nothing any in here bcoz you're not an android user. Nokia fanboys dont know anything so shut up.
61. nasznjoka (Posts: 360; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
sammy give out somethings 'unique' with TFT like xperia 'washed-out' z
70. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
they will bring something else instead:
a "washed out" mind for you. LOL
74. Q1Q10 (Posts: 20; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
nothing against samsung but i just aint feeling it. I was first dissappointed when the news came out that it wouldn't have the exynos 5 octa, then when i heard about the 5 inch display, no offense agaist 5 inchers but i really feel 4.8 is my limit, then one other concern i have is simply that from all the rumored photos i see, it looks as though the galaxy s4 is unnatractive, i loved the s3 because it looked at least somewhat attractive and that's enough for me to be hooked, but from the newly released photos, the s4 looks nothing attractive. I know it will be a beast of a phone and all but it just wont be the same if its something im embarrased to bring out. A square, really?? A square?? Square? ughhh, i mean at least add some collor variety like have both black and grey on the front or black and white, but all white or all black is just ugly. Lastly i feel the s4 will be severely one-up'd by phones coming out with the snapdragon 800 processor probably less than 5 months after its release. Anyways this is only MY opinion so don't be butthurt, you can tell me all you want but my mind won't change.
80. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I respect your opinion and don't be disapointed earlier time because these Samsung Galaxy S IV pictures are still only a rumor, everything may be different. :)
88. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
It will have the Exynos 5 Octa in the States and it will have a flexible display...
90. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
At least samsung dont patent everything like apple does. But still cant Wait. Only 5 days & counting
97. snoopy5 (Posts: 7; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
seriously u cant really differentiate between an amoled screen and a lcd screen,both got its advantages...
102. phljcnth (Posts: 295; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Apart from those features, I wish Samsung will further develop their screen technology. Super AMOLEDs are very fine but the burn-in issue is a drawback. They may use 'natural' pixel colors as long as the deep black is there (it really makes the color pop out). Oh well, I'm maybe thinking of a perfect screen. But I'm still buying the phone! :D
105. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Why do these loser fanboys keep talking about flexable displays? Can some one explain to me what the use of flexable screens is when the phone itself is not flexable? Maybe it wont be brittle like the s3...
109. phljcnth (Posts: 295; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Flexible displays don't automatically tag to non-rigid phone body. It is used to make screen (glass not included) to be more shock resistant. I remember watching a demo of a flexible display being hammered without breaking and bleeding. So basically it's very promising. Also, if you watched Samsung's YOUM presentation, during CES 2013 I think, you'll be enlightened of its various potential uses.
115. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Why don't you, ignorant hater, do some research before posting BS and embarassing yourself here?
119. clark (Posts: 51; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
Nokia fanboy if I were you I'll just use my old outdated Nokia that nobody wants to buy bcause of lacks of apps and games. Poor fanboy.
120. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
LOLMAO who is embarrasing themselves here? What A bunch of Loser apes! Instead of giving me reasons to why i'm wrong you're calling me names lol .... Well you just proved to me i am right and you are wrong #THE TRUTH
121. iS-Aha (banned) (Posts: 11; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Nokia only innovates in camera. Once the hero has turned into 0
Nokia does not innovate, all there parts are brought, unlike SSamsung.
Eflop was appointed job cuts have been regular headlines. The company's changing is cause of eflopand that MS failure wp8, instead of using there own o's meego metimi miami symbian, he chosen WP and now slash costs and profits plunged.
Overall if you look at dominating market that nokia had 40%
If you go back couple of years there is no way even with a sucstory.
ul. Wp8 storu