Latest rumored specs for the Samsung GALAXY Note III include 3GB of RAM
0. phoneArena 28 Apr 2013, 10:37 posted on
The latest rumored specs for the Samsung GALAXY Note III pretty much show what eveeryone has been expecting from the phablet for some time now, including a 5.99 inch screen, Android 4.2.2 right out of the box, 32GB of native storage that can be expanded using the included microSD slot, 3GB of RAM and an octa-core Samsung Exynos 5410 processor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
53. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Phones will probably hit 4 before they stop upping it, just like desktops/laptops with 16gb+ ram are overkill but you have tons of head room, and ram is cheap.
109. gaurang (Posts: 94; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
but remember the ram is ddr2 not ddr3...there's a big diff in perfomance
41. iushnt (Posts: 598; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
So people should not get phones with high ram? Whatever you say, price is still affordable than 1gb iPhone 5
46. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Laptops never had to worry about
Always accepting calls/texts
On screen/always on widgets (not really popular)
Fast boot up, sleep/wake
High Resolution camera/recorder
1080p screen (still not really popular
While still doing some of the same muititasking laptops do while never lagging
54. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
If you get a pc get atleast 8gb of ram.
58. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Are you saying that windows phones are running smooth? Every wp phone I´ve tried, I´ve tried like six of them, lagged. Maybe all phones were faulty devices but I don´t think so. Thing is android develops most and companies that make android phones are pushing the technology most. You may not use all 3 GB RAM but you know that it is there, much more than wp phones or iphones.
114. gaurang (Posts: 94; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
i think you live in a alternate universe where wp lags
65. amro99 (Posts: 76; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Though this is currently a rumor, but it is very usual from samsung! They very well know their target consumers, much better than their competirors. This is their way of creating hype and exciting the average joes, irrespective of the actual benefit to them. Before down voting me, just think of iphone 4 with 0.5 gb ram that is as smooth as android devices with 2 gb ram
48. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5046; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I get thumbs down for just calling a smartphone a beast? Really guys? Really?
67. medicci37 (Posts: 592; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
ik. some of the Andrboys are as bad as ifans.
92. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Sammy haters are closeminded. So accept it :)
9. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
samsung im a big fan of u but please let's be honnest u must change the design and make a useful features if u want the Note 3 to be successor be more innovative with ur design
10. mike2959 (Posts: 193; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Look, the mega is just silly. The note 3 is to much dinner and booze, just bloated. Samsung is the Chevy of phone's. The note 3 is just the corvette of Chevy. Still a Chevy though.
11. GoBears (Posts: 333; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Looks good to me. Can't wait. Since I've been using the Note2 nothing else I try is good enough.
13. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Put iPhone next to Galaxy S4 it is look like a baby phone.
14. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Pathetic attempt to sway spec-mongers who will only buy Samsung anyways.
16. Techsplash (Posts: 41; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
whats the use.i think now we have entered a stage where the capable more than capable of running thrown at it.u can have 20 to 30 apps running in the background and still the device will perform more than smooth.so,i think that now the focus should be on making them more affordable and giving users some practical features.
21. Neurone (Posts: 54; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Alleged image of note 3 looks similar to zopo 950 phablet....
But Spec wise it blows away any phone in its way....
23. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
If those specs are true then sgs5 will have 3gb ram. Btw that thing is ugly and boring.
28. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Thats really ugly.. haha, anyway note3 will be rocking my 2014 so samsung pls do better.
Ur r&d shud focus on low light camera shots w/o removing ur topnotch daylight camera capability..
I dont care if it has so many bloats as long as it has and can be turned off if unnecessary. My note2 stutters sometimes but so minimal that i can manage but android hardcores can notce :) and make dual speakers lyk ur note 10.1 and oder tablets but make sure it wont eat the front panel coz i dont want top and bottom bezels.and THIs is one of my biggest Request_in addtion to basic and easy mode, pls have an elegant mode haha :)
Abt materials- stay with polycarbonate as long as u can change d design :) my note2 is heavy enough and feels premium, aluminum is unnecessary :)
And im sold
29. ravivarma639 (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
Sammy done a grate gob with specs it time for them to concentrate on design and built quality
59. Hallucinator (Posts: 339; Member since: 24 May 2010)
The down vote is for the spelling of the word great and saying gob instead of job. Come on, you're better than that.
68. quakan (Posts: 1138; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
For some reason I read your comment with a southern hillbilly accent...lol.
31. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Can't wait to buy this thing.
My laptop is collecting dust anyway, with the Note 3, I'll be happy to give it away finally
34. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I would appreciate faster RAM more..
55. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
They did make faster ram the galaxy s4 is the only phone using ddr3 :S
99. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Still, the clock speed is pretty slow.
43. MichaelDuncanx1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Come on Guys! I can't believe use are believing this! Why would Samsung put 3GB Ram in Note 3 when they only just put the new 2GB LPDDR3 Ram technology in the Galaxy S4! Stop believing this stupid rumours. we won't see 3GB Ram till like 2014! Samsung only just put the New LPDDR3 in the Galaxy S4 so there not going to go all the way to 3GB Ram! they will put the exact same Ram technology in the Note 3 that is in the Galaxy Note 3. only thing I believe is the Octa Core speed cause the Note 2 had a faster clocked GPU and a little faster CPU than the Galaxy S3 so they will do the exact same with the Note 3 over the Galaxy S4. and so funny u guys are falling for the Picture! that is the Galaxy Mega 5.8 beside the Note 2! and I know that because do you really think the bezels are going to be that big/wide on the Note 3! just look at the Galaxy S4's very thin bezels! so the Note 3 will have very thin bezels aswell! you guys are all falling for these pointless stories. but I will say if use are expecting the 3GB Ram in the Note 3 be expected to be dissapointed.
45. Myrith (Posts: 54; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
That thing looks like a knockoff with the lack of logo and the huge bezel.
47. sharks (Posts: 164; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
I call it as i see it. It's just marketing gimmicks! We need a new hardware design altogether and fresh technology and software features that would clearly draw a line with what the S4 has to offer.
49. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Open up your minds, more ram is better
Better live wallpapers
Faster boot up speeds
More background tasks
All while having using your GPS and Bluetooth headset on with no lag
56. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
..and bigger GAMES.
Look at the PlayStation 4.. why does it need 8GB of DDR5?
For running some fat big games!
50. GhettoSquid (Posts: 9; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
The specifications might be rumors but the picture given is definitely inaccurate. The so-called
Note III in that picture is a Zopo ZP950+. Looks like a Note but performs nowhere near like one.
70. gigaraga (Posts: 470; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Good spotting! That picture is a definitely a fake then. That Zopo i would assume to be a knock off of the Galaxy Note series then?
60. deathgod (Posts: 119; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Why does PA continue to bring up plastic like its a bad thing in every Samsung article. Plastic isn't. Its lite enough so you can always add a case if you don't like the feel of it, without adding significant weight. Everyone I know who has an iPhone always carries around their 'premium material' phone in a case to avoid any damage.
79. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
I have a note2 and it really feels premium and the time that i held an iphone 5, it feels cheap bcoz of its weight, size and shape..but i dont know if that ip5 is d real one or just a fake haha
69. gigaraga (Posts: 470; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I want this beast! The specs are just plain awesome...September is a long way ahead...
78. pyradark (Posts: 738; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
I dont know but 3gb, and still lag, and same old ugly design. Goodbye sammy, im expecting something good like the pre render stuff.
82. andrewlg1990 (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
Ugly af, all that wasted space better be fake or else I'm just gonna wait for Galaxy S5.
84. tech-head (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
I just hope that its note too much bigger than the Note 2. Hopefully still less than 6 inches with a thin bezel.
94. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 501; Member since: 20 May 2012)
To put my excitment simply
101. axllebeer (Posts: 265; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
Sweet. That means that if I decide to get the Note 2 to compliment my Note 10.1 here shortly it will be cheaper. :)
That is all.
102. RomeoJDR (Posts: 237; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
This is a bogus rumor. I've seen cpu ram sizes of 256k, 512k, 1gb, 2gb, 4gb, 6gb and 8gb. As computer ram expanded never has there been a 3gb. Maybe it has to do with the architecture of the circuit not allowing for 3gb. Someone more tech savy than me can answer that, but it is a safe assumption the next memory bump for phone will be 4gb as well. Kind of funny how such rumors can thrive on tech sites when they don't jive with the technology.
103. axllebeer (Posts: 265; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
Really? I get a thumb down for supporting samsung in a hypothetical situation? Ok?
Then I'll get the BBRY Q10. :p
And I just might do that.
104. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
thats normal here, haha
sammy haters are always on rage :)
105. saffant (Posts: 210; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
If THIS is the new Note then unfortunately that's very disappointing. As a note 2 user, I'd wanted a phone the same size, but bigger screen and smaller bezel—similar to the S4. However, this is just well far too big.
108. Leo_MC (Posts: 476; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Anything below 8 Gb of RAM is a bad joke; if Note doesn't come with 16 or even 32 Gb and 1 Tb SSD internal storage, it will only be a bigger S4.
112. Tux_Alan (Posts: 74; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Gosh who are you guys to say that I am not going to open an X amount of apps and do this or that? My phone is my main internet accessing tool, my main working tool and so much more... I use up two whole extended life batteries a day.... and yes, I do cap out the 2go of ram on my galaxy!!!!!!
113. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 501; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Best way to put this?
116. pratyushgaur.6 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
If it is even an 0.1 inches bigger then Note 2.....Then i will ditch Samsung forever. And by making Note 3 larger, Samsung would just cross the threshold of many customers. It would hurt them bad. I would never buy it....so will many others.
119. scsa852k (Posts: 274; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
US Variant will probably be a quadcore Snapdragon 800 which still would be awesome especially with 3GB RAM.