Latest rumored specs for the Samsung GALAXY Note III include 3GB of RAM
0. phoneArena 28 Apr 2013, 10:37 posted on
The latest rumored specs for the Samsung GALAXY Note III pretty much show what eveeryone has been expecting from the phablet for some time now, including a 5.99 inch screen, Android 4.2.2 right out of the box, 32GB of native storage that can be expanded using the included microSD slot, 3GB of RAM and an octa-core Samsung Exynos 5410 processor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. ITEngineer (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
i really think 3 gigs is overkill.... Please Fanboys down voters stay logical and stay away, i own an S4
19. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
sorry, you can never have enough ram... never. It only helps/speeds things up and it's requirement always gets larger over time. Overkill and ram is simply not possible
22. ITEngineer (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
it's not a laptop, your not gonna multitask it to death
40. bparkerson (unregistered)
Me Too...I get full use of all my devices...as much as they allow at least...RAM, a cheap, very welcome addition!!!
71. KFear (Posts: 143; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
You don't use 3g worth on a device. You'd have to have 5 browers open at once, notes, email, 5 games, and a lot more. Android manages RAM in a very unique way that is both good for battery life, overheating, and so on. If my phone was using 3g's worth, i'd be concerned. That's a lot of memory and it means you should get off your phone and go do something outside.
121. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
This is what we call new innovation. SAMMY /= Apple - 2007 technology is same look in 2013.
63. Muayyad (Posts: 236; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
no you won't open 10+ internet browser windows, antivirus, office programms and more on an android phone. Not gonna happen.
33. crogers2012 (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
They are, in my opinion, trying to make it a desktop replacement. Where you can bluetooth a mouth and keyboard and hook it up to a monitor and use it that way. It is possible with the note II but the amount of RAM made it a bit boggy at times.
76. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Wow how do i bluetooth my mouth? LOL
52. Luuthian (Posts: 246; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Yeah it's definitely not needed at this point. But this seems to be Samsung's way. Rather than tightly develop their software they just throw big hardware at the problem. Not really sure why they may feel 3GB of ram is needed.
57. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Once ARM releases 64-bit chips, we will be able to use our phones as computers. And even today we can use Note 2 for example as a small computer.
118. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
All products that use ram, can never have enough. If you want to keep your Note 3 for just two years 3 gb of ram will probably start showing its age. Ram is generally the cheapest way to increase speed in just about any device so more is better. Arguing to the opposite seems silly. What do you care? That extra ram chip didn't raise the price of the phone, it only helps speed up the phone and helps it maintain it's speed long term too. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" ya, how'd that work out Uncle Willy? One of the richest, smartest men in the world, ever said that lol
51. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13574; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Especially when a lot of widgets and apps are so resource hungry.
81. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Probably Sir Jony Ives need to teach you Linux and Ram together :)
106. BiN4RY (Posts: 83; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
First rule of computer hardware: more ram != faster
110. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I agree, lots of RAMming makes for lots of fun. This will be the true iKiller!!
115. sdevo555 (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
Here here.....appleDOESNT.com i agree cant have too much ram or ghz in my opinion.....ALL i ever hear is Apple and its fans making excuses for not an inferior product but a product that cant compete
26. Scarambay (Posts: 93; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Just state your opinion. Neither do you have to explain yourself nor bother about people downvoting your comments.
Regarding the topic, it's all about pushing the boundaries. Remember the time when people thought 720p displays on smartphones was overkill? Fast-forward two years and now we have got 1080p displays! Of course, RAM cannot be compared with displays but still there won't be a saturation point for RAM unlike the resolution of displays on smartphones.
42. BadAssAbe (Posts: 456; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Let me explain why I ( tech guy) need/want more more ram
Widgets, on my phone I have at least 1 widget on each home screen but I want to have at least 2 but can't because the phone will lag
Live wallpaper, yes I love my live wallpapers
Now let me explain why my little sister (non tech HS girl) needs more ram than me.
She has over 14 widgets on her SGS4, and a live one direction wallpaper. Phone runs smooth only because she loves to swipe to exit task.
With more ram I can get even better widgets, I love widgets and so do HS GIrls
62. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
The lamest excuse I've ever heard from a butthurt hater.
66. medicci37 (Posts: 1282; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
i plan on keeping my next phone 4 at least 2 years. so by we will be going in2 the year 2016 by the time this phone is 2 years old. at that time high end models will have at least 4 gigs. also, the sg3 from a year ago had 2 gigs. its called progress
73. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Such a silly comment.
On my Note 2 with 7 active apps (no games) it's using 1.43 of 1.75gb. Heck one 3D game will probably put me over.
44. Daniel.95 (Posts: 89; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
r u sure ?
Its going to be full plastic.
61. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Yes sir this is exactly what I am waiting for definitely....Mark it down guys Nothing will beat the Galaxy Note 3 in 2013...
72. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
it's not beast, it's big, samdung getting big year by year. don't know what samdung will bring out in 2014, maybe 7" phone and 25" tablet. this is totally crazzy.