Latest Samsung commercials show why the Galaxy Tab S may be better than Apple's iPad
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2014, 20:56 posted on
Samsung is showcasing some of the capabilities of its Galaxy Tab S slates in two new commercials that subtly try to make iPads look inferior...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I think this ads is very powerful and show the good of the SuperAMOLED display. This will make lots of debate in ipony fans.
26. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
You mean the power of the Super AMOLAGG display because this tablet Laggs like a motherf.....
Basically only the screen is good on this tablet, all the rest is just typical Samsung bull....
I am tired of touch wizz and Samsung should starts making tablets with more character.
27. tech2 (Posts: 2898; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Nice joke, Mr. Funnyguy !
Have you used this tablet ? Simply bashing without any proof is stupidity. Ask any GS5 owner TouchWiz doesn't lag anymore.
40. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
I use this tablet every day, I am a sales advisor in a electronics store.
This tablet is the same as the previous galaxy tables the only difference is the super amoled display.
The pre installed videos on the galaxy tablets are specially edited to look gorgeous on the amoled screen, but the ordinary hd films look just slightly better than the competition.
On the contrary the tab laggs on the magazine UI, it laggs when you browse the web, it laggs when you open office suites and the frame rate is low.
Another problem is the low performance of the gpu...
46. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
sales advisor in an electronic store called iStore?
31. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
If you serius, you could install other launcher such as NOVA launcher. But I know this SuperAMOLED is really threatening the feeling of iPAD user, because suddenly iPAD user feel that their 'inferior' & 'premium' device became less 'inferior' and less 'premium'. You're feeling toward samsung is expected to be that. Especially if you watching your friend one by one put the ipad in the attic and start using these beautiful SuperAMOLED tablet.
41. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Nova launcher only makes the performance of the main screen smoother, it doesn't stop apps from stuttering and lagging.
61. joey_sfb (Posts: 4081; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I using my note pro 12.2 in bed replying to your bullsh*t comment. This is 2014 not 2009.
Then I would have used an iPad cause its the only tablet around.
Only Apple fans would distort fact and has a need to chat the Android lag mantra. I know why I choose note pro 12.2 over iPad Air. I want to use the large screen and the multi windows to learn a new language thru writing it with the S pen.
Can iPad Air do that?
77. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Lol the note pro is a complete waste of money...
It costs 700$ and runs mobile os, android.
For the same money you can buy a proper computers example surface pro 3 that kills your note pro in every aspect...
86. BooBooooooo (Posts: 56; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
.....what a funny guy!! All of your comments are so funny
81. chromoid (Posts: 15; Member since: 03 Oct 2013)
Wow. If his comment is bulls hit then what would that made of yours.
You can use a pen with ipad, there are many sold even with pressure sensitivity like the Adobe one.
As for multi windows and learning a language please provide proof. I have both samsung and apple products. And your so called multi window mode is limited to a very small number of apps and there is no way you used a language learning program with multi window.
Only windows tablets so far has fully implemented multi window.
I bet you don't even own a note pro.
And rumors has is multi window is coming to ipad in the next iteration of ios. And then a**holes like you will come and compare it to the fake limited mutiny window samsung advertises.
52. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
"I am tired of touch wizz "
Do you have touch wiz on your iCrap, iboy?
LOL . So much iBS you wrote , just to keep Apple users away from this great, gorgeous tablet.
51. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
2nd ad is very nice and meaningful... I tried Tab S last week and this time Super Amoled is indeed amazing... big booO to ipad's dull screen...
2. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Samsung made baby cry for the ad...awwww -1000 pts Samsung
4. N3Z1droid (Posts: 89; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)
Then made baby & his father happy.... + 10000 to Samsung
3. maherk (Posts: 2261; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Got it today, traded my Tab Pro 8.4 and an extra $300 for the 10.5 version and I LOVE it. A 10.5 inch Amoled screen is just so pleasant to look at, and now I can't wait for the 18 hour flight to back home, the Tab will be there to ease my flight.
14. maherk (Posts: 2261; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Like I am traveling on a horse with no usb ports right?
15. james.blunt.1973 (Posts: 38; Member since: 15 Dec 2013)
Actually there is a USB port on a horse ;)
32. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
There is a USB port on horse, just don't put your USB cable into it.
53. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
yeah... dont put your USB cable into the horse bcoz if in return the horse put his USB cable into you, you will never forget the electricution :p
64. Settings (Posts: 1147; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
He cant coz he only has 6inch of usb cable and the horse got like 18 inches of beastly usb cable.
84. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I thought we're talking about the avatar movie.
42. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
You used to be a galaxy tab user so you are used to lagg and stutter that's why the tab s looks great in your eyes.
For ipad users though changing to samsung is a huge downgrade to the quality of the experience...
50. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
LOL . So much iBS you wrote , just to keep Apple users away from this great, gorgeous tablet.
5. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
way to go samsung. show others why they are missing out. like me
6. azalucel (Posts: 100; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Might as well wait for the next note pro series they will be much better
7. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
The question is, are you willing to be left out in the dark while waiting
8. azalucel (Posts: 100; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Yea i wait a year between note upgrades so this isnt any different
9. fzacek (Posts: 2443; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Get rid of the Pentile and you have my money, Samsung...
10. Settings (Posts: 1147; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
And Super AMOLED has imperfect color representations.
All screens have both strengths and weaknesses. Its for us to decide which gadget to buy.
13. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Hi there :)
20. Settings (Posts: 1147; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Then how did S5 scored the lowest on the color reproduction tests?
Also care to explain the greenish white tiger?
28. iushnt (Posts: 898; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Yes read the article again..tab S came later than s5.
37. Settings (Posts: 1147; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
S5 got Super AMOLED so is Tab S. Whats the diff?
54. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
the difference is your ignorance and the running of your mouth out of a habit instead of a real knowledge
57. Settings (Posts: 1147; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Alright Tab S got better color reproduction than the S5 but they got the same Super AMOLED. It makes no sense dude.
59. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
yup, you are right... it will make no sense...
hmm... I almost forgot that 2013 Nissan Altima and 2014 Nissan Altima are same and it makes no sense... I wasted money on it
60. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9722; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Let's not be so dense here. They're two completely panels. The IPS panel on the 5S and G3 are two completly different screens under the same technology.
69. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9722; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The screens on the S5 and the Tab S are completely different. Full HD vs Quad HD. The screen on the Tab S is deemed color accurate. If you would have read the article that was posted in comment #13, you would know that.
73. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
You know that if Apple wanna have better or same display than S , must buy it from Samsung or some other real tech company. But newest tech displays couldn't be produced enough soon , so to left for sale.
65. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Because they didn't use the the right colour mode on the test. On purpose .
67. Settings (Posts: 1147; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
So it means you say that PA cheated on purpose?
70. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9722; Member since: 14 May 2012)
PA is terrible when it comes to tests. Their info is completely wrong, so in a way, yes.
82. Settings (Posts: 1147; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Still Super AMOLED have false color representations.
12. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Great tablet. But except display, iPad wins overall.
17. gaara6775 (Posts: 709; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Exactly, except display Sammy offers nothing close to iPad.
Only Mi Pad is better than iPad .
22. AlbertAribe (Posts: 104; Member since: 21 Jun 2014)
Absolutely... I had Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 inch with 8GB. I was disappointed because when I check the internal memory only 4GB available on the unit. I don't know where the 4GB goes. Yes, Super AMOLED and Quad-core but it keep lag when I open 3 web browser and turn off automatically. So, I sold and back to iPad Mini 2.
I can't even download music and TV Shows directly to Google Play store. Compare to iTunes that every easy and everything is their and just download the last TV Shows like Teen Wolf, Dominion, Falling Skies, The 100, The Last Ship, Arrow and The Walking Dead. In Google Play you can't find any of those.
38. AlbertAribe (Posts: 104; Member since: 21 Jun 2014)
Ok, mistake for that, haha!
But still iPads still the best tablet.
45. swayze91 (Posts: 48; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Comparing a tab 4 7 to a ipad mini 2 is not a fair comparison. Compairing a Tab S to an iPad Mini 2 is fair. As far as your TV shows are concerned I found each one of them with a simple title search under movies and TV shows in the playstore. I guess if it's that hard for you to find something that easily maybe you should just go back to an iPad....
78. AlbertAribe (Posts: 104; Member since: 21 Jun 2014)
Haha! That's funny thing. In which part in Google Play where you can find those TV Shows, music to download? Don't be a fool because I used Samsung tablet and I don't even used my $10 in Google Play store. As far as I know, you need need to download application which you can download music or you just use your laptop and download to musicdumper or mp3skull and copy and paste in your SD card and insert to any androids gadget.
66. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Better than Tab S ??? LOL
74. P-YWS (Posts: 84; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
How can iPad be the best tablet? No micoSD card for expansion. Instead, you have to be ripped off by Apple for every additional 16GBytes. Don't overlook the importance of the microUSB expansion. It allows you to store many movies or media files on it, it allows you to store nice photos on it (on Android system, you can store and view without any conversion the 36MByes high-resolution photos taken by Nikon 810/800E or the exceptional high-resolution photos taken by Canon EOS1x). With iPad, you cannot transfer photos taken by any digital DSLR or DSC to iPad without clumsy wireless/wired method. In contrast, with Android/Windows tablet, you simply plug the micro SD card into the right slot!
Apple refuses to use the most common and cheap micro USB connector for charging and rip you off further by the so-called very expandable 9-pin connector. The world will be greener if Apple had chosen the common connector! Besides, you have to pay more for the 9-pin charger if you want to get a spare adapter. Further, the 9-pin connector does not give any real-world technical advantage over the micro USB connector.
So, given that iPad is not environmental friendly and a rip-off in terms of storage, and no USB connector built-in, and the denial of the freedom to insert/expand memory storage at will, how can iPad be the best tablet? Unless, of course, you have too much disposable income!