Latest Samsung Galaxy S II ad tackles 4G on the AT&T version of the Apple iPhone 4S
0. phoneArena 02 Dec 2011, 01:02 posted on
Samsung's latest ad continues to poke fun at Apple iPhone users, this time making fun at the lack of 4G on the Apple iPhone 4S; some iPhone 4S users, like the ones on the ad, are a bit confused since some models on AT&T that run at the same speed as the iPhone 4S, like the Motorola ATRIX 4G, are considered 4G enabled...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
First. Samsung needs to get over themselves. 4G is so overrated and it consumes battery life like termite on wood. The 4S can at least do HSPA+ which is significantly faster than 3G. Samsung's just trying to play coy here.
8. goflet (Posts: 50; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
so if 4g is overrated( or with your logic 3g is overrated too) why the hell previous iphone was called iphone 3G and 3GS?
it seems a very pretty big deal to me
40. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Not so sure about that... I leave LTE turned on my Thunderbolt all the time and get a whole day out of the battery no problem.
48. GeekMovement (Posts: 2022; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
LTE is coming to iPhone too so you can learn to shut up.
2. bigboy029 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Jan 2011)
does anyone else think tis is kinda pathetic?? I mean I'm all for Samsung but come on now. This makes them seem sort of desperate to me... I don't know. It's just I think they can do better.
3. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Of course they're desperate. They got called out when they kept copying the UI of the iPhone with their Galaxy phones and now they're resorting to cheap potshots.
4. scnix (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Jul 2010)
Samsung looks like they're having fun more than being desperate imo. /chillpill
30. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I remember The Rock took a cheap shot at you Miz during Wrestle Mania. Quit repeating your monkey ass self.
6. goflet (Posts: 50; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
i suggest you to seach youtube \" mac vs pc\" and see how pathetic apple is with those commecials.
apple does these kind of commercial all the time.
9. itsius1 (Posts: 49; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
and it will be even funier if apple will patent straight comparisson commercial such as the mac & PC commercials.... i agreed with this commercial because samsung is playing apple with their own previous game...
12. geedup (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
The challenger has to call out the champ. That's how it works.
47. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
sorry, but taco/geedup, in Q3 samsung was the champ. :)
24. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It's pathetic. A couple of things jump out immediately
1) The Samsung phone is too big for the lady to hold in her hand:
2) 'Apple" employees wearing lime green as opposed to royal blue t-shirts
I was trying to count the number of iPhone props Samung used to promote 1 Samsung phone. Also, we should play of game of spot the mistakes -- i.e. things that are unnatural or unrealistic like lack of 4G indicator on samsung device (best viewed at 1080p), how the phone might be too big for her jacket pocket and how Samsung blocks the view of her whipping the phone. etc.
27. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
really? thats pretty sad, ardent
If it were an apple commercial that ended with that retarded "if its not an iphone, then its not an iphone" snooty bullcrap, then you would be jumping up n down on your couch like Tom Cruise about how awesome it was.
Let samsung have their fun. Its not like Apple has never had an entire campaign about making fun of their competitors weak points. Nothing they have said about the iphone or the SGS2 has been untrue.
31. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Ardent youre just like everyone else that dislike Samsung. Most people like bigger screens. I have a 4.3 in Atrix. And it doesnt looks like a iPhone nor the Galaxy S disnt u see the ui? I think you might be blind
45. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
The handset is too big for her hands -- it's so obvious she's having a hard time holding the samsung handset.
Also, you didn't read what I wrote. I made no comment about the UI. I did comment Samsung forget to place a 4G indicator next to the battery and 10:10 time on the upper right side on the header. Did you notice how the samsung handset couldn't fit in her jacket pocket.
When you have a 4.3" device, it's big and in this case it was too big.
29. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I thin youre the one thats pathetic bigboy029
5. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I think it's hilarious. There are so many people who are uninformed about computers that will debate you about how an Apple is better for everything. Give me a break. I don't want your iMac, your MacBook, your iPod, your OS X or iTunes. Give me something I can use with options.
10. geedup (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Well we can say Macs are better at some things.
50. daxjuggalo (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
No you cant. Why you didnt list a damn thing. because there isnt anything macs can do better than any pc.
37. nmerry77 (Posts: 39; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
I agree!!! I dont care what "Brand" the Device is....I just want a Great Device....no matter who makes it! I have the Samsung Epic 4G, The Sideslider,Ive had it since the Day it came out, and I couldnt be happier, I havent found a phone that I like better until now. Im in LOVE with the GS2!! I just wish it had a keybord...but I hear thats a thing of the past now...sooo oh well....bring on the newest and greatest!!
7. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
ha! good one sammy. ive heard the 4s downs 4-6mbps in my area. i get ~10mbps on my supposedely 4g g2x.
46. cnpthe3rd (Posts: 71; Member since: 01 Feb 2009)
yeah the carriers are all responsible for that lie they have been telling us 3G is 4G for a long time now, and even putting a 4G logo on the signal bars when it actually has a 3G signal if it is a HSDPA phone with an HSDPA signal (14.4Mbit/s theoretic speed) 4G is a HSDPA+ (42.4 Mbit/s again theoretic speed I actually get DL speeds of 25 in the Orlando area on my galaxy s2) still much better than the 5-6 i normally got on my G2x
11. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
I love these new Samsung commercials. Oh and for all the fanboys, these commercials are already getting amazing reviews by the the Advertising companies and critics. So I guess they are not so pathetic especially when they outsell Apple in smartphone worldwide.
The thing is most of my friends that own iPhones even laugh at this cause they can see themselves in it, it only gets to people that can't take a joke.
14. geedup (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I agree the commercial are done well done
13. kemjus (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I work at an electronic retailer and I hear all the time from customers "Yeah I have 4g on my iphone 4." They get really upset with themselves when I tell them its only 3g internet but a 4th generation phone. I heard a statistic from an At&t rep that every 1 in 5 iphone4 customers think they have 4g internet. If that statistic was true good for Apple and their marketing team.
15. geedup (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Apple doesn't market the phone as 4G
20. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Has misleading indicators tough. Never seen an iphone showing up H or H+ for hspa and hspa+
21. geedup (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
The indicator says 3G don't see how that's misleading
32. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Kem is correct, though - yeas the iphone 4 is not a 4G phone, but customer do call it iphone 4G quite a bit, and we know, AT&T did not market the phone as 4G - that was not the point.
The point is that customer call it IPHONE 4G.
16. abdane (Posts: 492; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
HAHAHAHA ! APPLE IS GETTING OWNED ! :D GO SAMMY ^_^
17. geedup (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Only owned is you with that Samsung logo on your avatar.
18. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
how are Samsung desperate ? they killed it for selling mobile phones this year and the galaxy s2 was the most popular android mobile.
Doesn't anyone remember the I am a mac and i'm a pc dig at Microsoft? its about time apple got a taste of its own medicine.
Also apple started all this suing on samsung and samsung asked to find a mutal ageement but apple said stuff it.
I like the advert, its about time android devices beefed up their marketing campaign, so many people dont know what android is capable of and just think its the iphone that can do all that, this advert tells them otherwise
51. daxjuggalo (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
courts just denied apples bulls**t request to ban samsung devices here in the us. They are on to sue Motorola now.
19. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I'll take 4 thumbs down too because that was funny as hell! And I like that the dig isn't just at Apple, it at the Apple loyalist too!
35. monkeyfeet (Posts: 30; Member since: 27 Jan 2011)
"..it's at the Apple loyalist too!" - I think that's the best part. I constantly hear people call their iPhone the "iPhone 4G"...
44. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Dude, you have the coolest username/avatar combo I've ever seen! +1 for that alone!
22. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Oh come on Samsung is not desperate their just too dumb not to realise that their waay in over their heads self respect much? if Samsung is desperate why isnt Nokia their losing and they arent that desperate
23. rawdeal (Posts: 21; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
ya sammy...go....s2 rules the world xcept US...go rule US too....Let US cc what is real innovation...brothers check in samsung galaxy note ...this is a uber cool gadjet
25. warlockz (Posts: 156; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Pwned by Samsung that's actually pretty funny. If you look closely you can lip read the girls (iphone holder) lips when the samsung owner was talking, she was saying "why don't apple just try to ban the galaxy s2" .......lol
26. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 462; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
And yet the iPhone 4s is still sold out and yet the 3gs is still selling like hotcakes. It does make them seem desperate. Apple is a force with the iPhone. I like my sgs2 but ads like this are just stupid.
33. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
The 3GS is selling because of its price and because it is an iphone.
42. Pdubb (Posts: 239; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
Isn't it funny to see the iPhone fans tout sales when they argued that Android only sold because of the phones being cheap. Now that hey have a free phone an half priced phone and are on all 3 big carriers they have no excuse to attack Android on any of those points.
28. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
One of the best funniest commercial Ive seen. Way to go Samsung!
36. monkeyfeet (Posts: 30; Member since: 27 Jan 2011)
Agreed, we Americans are so damn trendy....
43. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 651; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
i dont know much from Amerans but from what i se on some reality tv shows and news, Americans always follow the ring leader, no matter how stupid she or he is, just my OPINION! on Americans, thats why the iPhone is so popular, popularity is the big deal in america and Apple so an opportunity, and they ran with it [iPhone 4 user here, which i kinda regret buying]
38. nmerry77 (Posts: 39; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
I LOVE the Commercial!!! It truly shows that People Just Assume the Iphone 4s is 4G....2 bad its not!!! hahahahahahahha!!! From a Loyal Samsung user...I cant wait til January to Upgrade from My Epic 4G to my new GS2!!! woo hoo!!
39. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
I can't tell you how many idiots come into where I work and think that the iPhone is 4G. This just goes to show how Apple is making people stupider rather than educating them.
52. daxjuggalo (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
I love it, just proves apple people are the dumbest tech users in the world. Iphone 4s, yes they just happen to name that just when the 4g craze is going on. They did this to trick their dumbass followers and they cant tell the difference on a slow ass iphone anyway. Might as well stay at 1x with the s**tty specs they give their idevices.
Down with apple. Android 4 life!