Latest Motorola X rumor suggests the phone will not be a Samsung Galaxy S4 killer
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2013, 14:37 posted on
With one of our sources telling us about a November launch of the Motorola X and another reiterating his knowledge that the phone is still on target to be introduced at Google I/O in May, a new round of speculation explains the huge difference in rumored launch dates by suggesting that a carrier exclusive launch could take place in July with wider distribution around November...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
ile take the Carbon Fiber with Stainless Steel with Ceramic back Sapphire Gass please if that's possible?
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If only I was Motorola CEO's friend, I can know everything from them. And of course, I need to keep secrets including : when the phone will release, what's their next plan etc.
If only it was real. Sadly, its just a dream. :(
16. troutsy (Posts: 287; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Yeah, people say things "are the best" and I blindly follow it too.
2. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
In swear this has been said before but even still if this happens 2 words....Game Changer!
5. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Custom made phone with CPU and GPU of you're choice
23. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm already falling in love with this phone even before it's been announced.
But lately these rumors are giving me a bad vibe! There has been about 4-5 articles about the X phone where the numbers keep rising and falling. Don't know which to believe and which not to... It's like throwing a dice, you get different numbers each time.
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5664; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Google I/O is certainly something to look forward to.
22. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 211; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
I certainly agree. But, for some reason I get the feeling this X phone isn't going to be what we all are expecting. We're just going to have to wait and see.
6. torr310 (Posts: 532; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I don't expect the specs will surpass both HTC or Samsung's flagships, because the phone would be very expensive then. So just bring it out ASAP to give us more choices!
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
128GB SOLID STATE DRIVE
Exynos 5450 clocked at 2.9Ghz 8 CPU
4500MAH battery with slim built advance tech
4.7 inch screen
SLCD3 iPS RGB SUPER AMOLED PLUS
SAPPHIRE front glass
Rear CERAMIC Back
16MP with Carl Zeiss Optic 1.4 Lens
Xenon with OLED Flash
Carbon FIBRE BEZEL
3x Optical Zoom
Is this to much or a dream
14. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
"SLCD3 iPS RGB SUPER AMOLED PLUS"
What is that mess?
45. iDroid8 (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Nah, he just typed all the words he'd heard till now beleiving that it will be a beast
too bad it resulted in an epic fail :D
17. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
For For Pocket Hosting?
BTW U forgot
RAID 1 (Software) so that would need 2X128GB storage.
Hot swap of failed storage
Auto reconstruct of RAID on replacing failed storage.
Auto switch off if device heats up beyond a given temperature.
If one has to dream then dream beyond just ordinary :D
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This is what you would see at the very MOST.
32, 64, and 128 GB options
4 GB of RAM
Snapdragon 800 (2-2.3 GHz) or Tegra 4 (1.7-1.9 GHz)
3,700 mAh battery
4.7-5" 1080p S-LCD3, ColorBoost, or S-AMOLED
Gorilla Glass 3
Made of metal, carbon fiber, or Kevlar
This is being VERY optimistic.
32. xsmartphonex (Posts: 41; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
the battery is going to be over 4,000 mAh
33. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
We'll see. If Motorola is going to keep it under 9mm thick and keep the size of the device to a minimum while retaining a large screen, I'd say they will keep it in the mid/upper 3,000's.
36. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5664; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, it would be cool if it did exceed 4000mAh but only for bragging rights, as a Droid Razr MAXX HD owner i can tell you exceeding 4000mAh isn't really necessary at all unless you're away from a charger for more than 30 hours. for most people it's only important for the phone to make it from morning to night even with the heaviest of usage and the MAXX can do that now with power to spare.
21. user312 (Posts: 68; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
That phone would be the size of 2 bricks with those specs!
24. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3115; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
A 1080 4.7" screen with a ppi of 600 would have a height of 2605 pixels. It would be the first phone with an aspect ratio of 521:216. Think before you post such ridiculous stuff. A 128GB SSD? Seriously? If it were even possible to build a phone like that (read: it's not), I assure you it would cost more $1000.
26. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Anythings possible, money talks!
Error not $1000 but £1000 pounds
39. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3115; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Possible maybe, but not today. I don't know of any screens that combine LCD & AMOLED tech. I also don't know of any SSD drives that can fit into a smartphone chassis that is 9mm thick. Try again in a few years.
8. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I buy the idea of the colors, but materials? Sounds fishy
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Metal or carbon fiber in white for me please :)
29. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
10. shnibz (Posts: 165; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
No self respecting Motorola buyer is gonna choose plastic ....That's what Samsungs are for
11. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I'd take carbon fiber with sapphire glass ..oh yeah and in white too please and thank you. :)
12. Ivan6479 (Posts: 247; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Now this sounds interesting, but changing the materials would drastically change the price point of each device, not to mention the different manufacturing processes required for each of the diff. materials seems like it would be too time consuming. I can see getting your pick of color that is a pretty simple request. I'm all for it though if they can make it happen.
15. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
"While Motorola fans might have been hoping for specs that would blow the Samsung Galaxy S4 away, the talk around the water cooler is that we are now looking at a phone that will compete with the HTC One." Well I think the HTC One does a very good job at competing with the Galaxy S4 and am personally choosing the One over the S4 for my Sprint line because I think it is a better device. I am not a fan of the plastic feel Samsung has with their devices. I love my Galaxy Nexus but every time I use my HTC Evo 4G LTE on Sprint I hate going back to the cheap feel of my Nexus in my hand. Plus Touch Wiz is junk. I am excited to see how the X turns out because this would be a great replacement for my Nexus on Verizon. I tried to be open minded towards the S4 but was very let down to see how similar it is to the SIII.
19. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 211; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
This Moto X phone is a hoax. I really hope I'm wrong about this notion.
25. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
can motorola hurry up and make an announcement!
With the s4 being announced it's been quiet lately :(.
27. Mass88 (Posts: 50; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
Take the HTC One, make it the Nexus 5 (or something else). Include a better battery, smaller bezel and run stock Android. I would take that over an S4 any day.
Oh and try to have more sway with the carriers so we don't have a repeat of the Galaxy Nexus.
28. Daftama (Posts: 586; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
The era has changed from icraap killer to samsung killer hhaha
31. _PHug_ (Posts: 407; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
That's funny Motorola knows to not go after the S4. It chooses instead to battle the HTC One.
That sounds bad for the One but at least it is being considered relevant, Moto is totally ignoring the others.
34. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Well considering the One is competing with the GS4, and the Moto X is competing with the One, doesn't that kind of mean that the X is competing with the GS4? Indirectly, maybe, but it's still competing.
38. jroc74 (Posts: 5245; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Exactly. How did the One all of a sudden become a bad or lesser phone? This is the One...not the Eris...
37. jroc74 (Posts: 5245; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Ok, whats wrong with the HTC One? In the US it and the GS4 are already on par.....this X phone sounds like more of the same.
Very few Samsung phones in the US had a Exynos chip.
41. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Not too mention the exynos chip isnt that much more powerful. I cant wait to see what the 800 can do. Really I want to see Intel's new bay trail chips in a flagship phone...but who knows when that will be...
40. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
If this don't pan out to be top notch looks like I'll be looking at S4 or Nexus 5.
42. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Atleast Nexus phones are affordable. I will sacrifice some of the features for money
43. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
LOL of course the Motorola X wont be a s4 killer,
the reason is because Google doesnt want to mess with Samsung, they need samsung more than samsung needs them.
android is garbage, the only reason android phones are selling is because of the good hardware.Big screens, fast processors and good cameras.
44. scirdan (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Mar 2013)
Everyone always complains that Samsung devices are made of plastic, but everyone slaps a plastic cover on their phone anyway, does it even matter what the phone is made of? I would want a light material and plastic is pretty light..