Latest MAP information from Verizon shows November 10th launch for the Google Nexus Prime
That is why the latest MAP pricing leaked from Verizon is so important. While it is not a perfect system and is not always correct, based on the latest leak, we can expect to see the Google Nexus Prime launched by Big Red on November 10th. The price will seemingly be the new gold standard for high-end smartphones, $299.99 with a signed 2-year contract. Also apparently scheduled for release the same day at the same price is the HTC Rezound, formerly known as the HTC Vigor.
For some reason, the Motorola DROID RAZR does not appear on the list, although that doesn't necessarily mean that the phone won't be launched until after November 10th.
1. 1st (unregistered) posted on 15 Oct 2011, 01:01 1 0
2. Linguistisch (unregistered) posted on 15 Oct 2011, 01:08 0 1
When will pre-orders or store reservations begin?
7. Yeeee posted on 15 Oct 2011, 01:59 2 7
U mean Prime or Rezound? I Dont know if HTC Sense is worth waiting for ICS
8. Thump3rDX17 posted on 15 Oct 2011, 02:33 4 0
he means RAZR because the Rezound doesn't live up to either. i'd say they both have trade offs but the Prime is sounding better now.
10. Yeeee posted on 15 Oct 2011, 02:50 2 0
Yes HTC Sense is worth the heavier and thicker phone over the razr. But ICS is better than both
29. roldefol posted on 16 Oct 2011, 08:53 2 0
Poor Rezound, unloved before it even shows its pretty 341 ppi face to the world.
I'm still curious to see this phone, even if the rest of you have dismissed it as an underpowered battery-sucking lag monster. I applaud HTC and Verizon for offering a global capable LTE phone.
33. Thump3rDX17 posted on 16 Oct 2011, 21:41 0 0
i'll still be excited to see this super phone by HTC's standards.
4. mkh (unregistered) posted on 15 Oct 2011, 01:13 0 0
after the official announcement just wait til the 19th/18th depending on time zone.
15. rlv24 (unregistered) posted on 15 Oct 2011, 09:04 4 2
Just wait several months; pretty much ALL phones do get cheaper with time. Then you'll be able to afford it!
16. warlockz posted on 15 Oct 2011, 09:59 1 0
Oh snap my first e thug response lol ever looked at what phone Warren Buffet has pretty sure its not a 300 phone lol affordability is not the issue here. I'm not going to explain. You see you and the other thumbs down people are like dogs in the street if I defend my position it be like me talking back to barking dogs I would like silly lol
18. grtzui (unregistered) posted on 15 Oct 2011, 10:08 3 0
Exactly 300 is not a lot of money however its more about the principal what's the point of signing a two year contract. In the end of the day its a phone and two months from now it be outdated. I wouldn't mind paying 1000 for a super advanced phone for its advanced technology. Its alright I'm sure amazon will have it for 1 cent within a month of release.
6. bob (unregistered) posted on 15 Oct 2011, 01:37 3 0
is $300 a necessity? now that all new users are going on a tiered data plan. i feel that this may lead to a turn off to many of the average consumers. but then again maybe i'm wrong
9. belovedson posted on 15 Oct 2011, 02:37 0 0
the goal is 400 im sure they will get there by next year
11. btbotimtim posted on 15 Oct 2011, 03:49 3 2
300? that's too much.
however, we can buy it from online retailers at a discounted price. haha!!
Droid Bioinic was launched about a month ago with a $300 price tag, and now it is free at amazonwireless.
17. warlockz posted on 15 Oct 2011, 10:00 2 1
Good call! Good to see someone with a rationale thought.
12. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 15 Oct 2011, 08:18 0 2
Guess we all will have to come to terms with the higher prices. Technology is moving in a quadcore direction ending this year and beginning 2012. These devices are where the line will be drawn before quadcore
13. whatevs (unregistered) posted on 15 Oct 2011, 08:20 2 12
You kiddin me with this? Iphone crushes this.
34. netizen (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 02:36 0 1
nice instigate comment whatevs .... it was so outlandish it made me laugh :) Keep the comedy coming, Laughter is a great thing. Cheers!
14. cnwwyo posted on 15 Oct 2011, 08:52 6 2
"You kiddin me with this?" U sound like a retarded Taco. We'll see when they get compared.
19. roscuthiii posted on 15 Oct 2011, 12:22 3 1
I'd say it reminds me more of the miz... Could just be taco trying to be like the miz.
20. roscuthiii posted on 15 Oct 2011, 12:29 1 0
So, Verizon's MAP says Samsung Galaxy Nexus while PA is still clinging to Google Nexus Prime. Sure it's just semantics, but I can't help but feel that it's wishful thinking as the Google moniker would mean stock Android experience, and the Samsung moniker (without the inclusion of a "Droid" surname) means it could be coming with some Verizon bloatware.
Wouldn't that be a shame, to unveil the next Android Nexus phone and see it preloaded with Bing search...
21. roscuthiii posted on 15 Oct 2011, 12:30 1 0
If that happens it would definitely drive me back in the Razr or Rezound direction.
24. Tinfoilhat (unregistered) posted on 15 Oct 2011, 13:44 1 0
I know Bing sucks and I don't want it on my phone, but people need to branch out and not use google for everything. They already control ~70% of all searches. If they get to powerful they will be able to control us all....
27. nastynaps posted on 15 Oct 2011, 20:25 1 0
Who ever thought Skynet would actually be named something like Google?
30. roldefol posted on 16 Oct 2011, 08:59 1 0
Ain't gonna happen. If you haven't been paying attention, the last big phone to get Binged was the Revolution. From entry-level (LG Enlighten, Pantech Breakout) to mid-range (Samsung Stratosphere), VZW is sticking with Google apps now. Bing must've been a limited time contract they needed to fulfill. (My theory was that they have some sort of deal requiring them to sell MS products, and since they passed on WP7 for months, they had to compensate by Binging their Androids.)
Besides, Google and Samsung never confirmed the name Nexus Prime. I think Galaxy Nexus is the official worldwide name, capitalizing on the power of Galaxy in Europe/Asia and the Nexus experience.
23. J215 (unregistered) posted on 15 Oct 2011, 13:23 2 2
just got the iphone 4s and its a good phone my first iphone. But honestly i miss having my droid i may take the iphone back n get the nexus prime why would apple make a phone were u gotta use your computer to delete photos you put on there from your comupter and it doesnt put my videos on there that i want synced that really sucks so it looks like im going back to droid
28. Sir_lucious_leftfoot (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 03:47 0 1
300 for this crap. Constant freezer. Hey droid fanboys...charge much..hahahahahaha? u guys cant leave your homes without your charger. its like an AMEX card.hahah
31. pilgrimz (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 10:54 0 0
Lol 300 for a phone is ridiculous I don't care if its lte and duel core or quad core. Android based phones are awesome in theory but the reality is its not a stable system it hasn't fixed this issue yet even if hot fudge mango ice cream comes out its still going to be laggy.
32. Mozarrt posted on 16 Oct 2011, 12:25 1 2
And it still won't be better than the iPhone 4S or even the standard Windows Phone.
35. corporateJP posted on 17 Oct 2011, 12:12 0 0
This website is becoming infested with Asshatters.
36. InspectorGadget80 posted on 17 Oct 2011, 12:23 0 0
I dislike the price. But still waiting for the Nexus PRIME !