Latest Facebook update requires Froyo or above
0. phoneArena 12 Jul 2012, 21:45 posted on
Android owners have yet another Facebook update available to them starting today. The update brings the app up to version 1.9.7 and interestingly, it now only works on Android...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it does seem noticeably faster now. o:
3. protozeloz (Posts: 5285; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
and all they had to do was get rid of some older versions of android to do so :D
8. Stuntman (Posts: 644; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I got fooled by an earlier update. It was fast the first time I launched it and thought it was an improvement. Then after a few days, it slowed down significantly. Try it out for a couple of days and let us know if you still think it is noticeably faster than before.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well it's always been steadily improving but it's just been buggy.
2. mas11 (Posts: 1012; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Anything below 2.2 doesn't need to be supported.
6. mas11 (Posts: 1012; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Btw only 5.4% of Android phones run anything older than Froyo.
4. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
My mom's Xperia x8 still running 2.1 .
7. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1437; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I think there's Android 4.0 update for it