Latest Apple iPhone 5 glitch could be a more serious problem
0. phoneArena posted on 09 Nov 2012, 21:34
The latest problem to befall the Apple iPhone 5 is a lot more serious than purple tinted pictures; some game developers are finding that the latest version of Apple's iconic smartphone is not responding to rapid diagonal gestures...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Chuck.Norris (unregistered) posted on 09 Nov 2012, 21:48 80 1
you are rubbing the phone the wrong way :-)
8. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 09 Nov 2012, 21:58 45 2
The problem is: where is the "just works" feature that Apple always brags?
82. bipinm posted on 12 Nov 2012, 05:53 8 0
apple said it wrong...
Its not 200 new features...Its 200 new problems....more will come soon...
10. rsxl5 posted on 09 Nov 2012, 22:14 41 0
It's not a bug but rather an implementation of a new innovative function (not patented yet) to protect users from wasting their time on playing games ;P
Or maybe a Über Hard Mode for more advanced users :)
32. Nadr1212 posted on 09 Nov 2012, 23:32 10 0
What's gonna b the next prob, Apple? The next 100 freakin iPhones burst into flames!?!?!?!
72. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 10 Nov 2012, 14:55 4 0
I hope the next 1000 iPhones burts into flames lol
16. BREvenson posted on 09 Nov 2012, 22:35 6 5
They aren't saying it is a definite problem; they're saying it could be a problem. It depends on the user. If it is someone who swipes on the screen constantly, like for a game or other touch-based app, then it may be a big problem. They even mention that not everyone will suffer from this glitch.
Of course, knowing you, you see any article that talks about a negative aspect of the iPhone as a threat to Apple's good name...as if they actually had one.
22. jroc74 posted on 09 Nov 2012, 22:50 15 0
Yea, no problems unless you play games. Now I wait for you to say its not for gaming anyway....cmon, you know you wanna say it.....
But, if it is software related, no problems. Just wait for an update. MeoCao hit the elephant on the head tho.....the "just works" mantra shoulda died looong ago.
31. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 09 Nov 2012, 23:31 6 5
I cannot recreate this glitch with mine
36. 007akshay posted on 09 Nov 2012, 23:52 6 1
not a major problem why d hell u guys always support iphone r dey giving u money or wat .....y cant u praize other gd phones out der...?
73. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 10 Nov 2012, 15:00 2 0
to 007akshay.....WHAT? lol
84. Jobes posted on 12 Nov 2012, 16:02 3 0
He was mid seizure.. its ok im sure he will be fine.
85. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 12 Nov 2012, 16:07 1 0
to Jobes okay just making sure i wasnt the only one that though his hands were having spasms! lol for a moment there i thought he was using ebonics or freestyling!
87. Jobes posted on 12 Nov 2012, 17:44 1 0
My sister used to text the same way.. drives me effin crazy. Then I told her to say it outloud and she realized how stupid it was and went back to normal. Kids these days they wont even know how to use a pencil or speak.
89. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 13 Nov 2012, 15:22 0 0
Yes i become quite frightened when all people want to do is text and when they do, i cant understand a thing they attempted to say haha!
54. PhenomFaz posted on 10 Nov 2012, 02:37 8 0
This just keeps gettin better and better for Apple! Ok apple u released recently an update to iOS 6 i think its time to release iOS 6.0.2 ....(sigh) already!
That IS major problem for aphone that costs $800 off conntract and in my country costs $1600 dollars off contract! If I pay top dollar I want functionality without any excuses!
66. whysoserious posted on 10 Nov 2012, 09:21 11 0
You're swiping it wrong. It's normal.
97. dan86 posted on 29 Nov 2012, 23:21 0 0
Problem is with the Apple brainwashed devotees! The glitch exists in their mind.
25. PhoneArenaUser posted on 09 Nov 2012, 22:59 23 0
There is a bunch of different screen problems like a flickering, bad screen sensitivity, even yellow marks on the screen or flashing.
There is bunch of complaints about antenna problems.
There is complaints about Ambient Light Sensor problems.
There is complaints about various sound problems.
There is complaints about purple tints in pictures (a.k.a. "Purpel Halo").
There is complaints about iPhone 5 scratches out of the box.
There is complaints about WiFi problems.
There is complaints about keyboard problems.
There is even a problem called "Light Leak".
And now this glitch...
And it is high Apple standards ???
27. jroc74 posted on 09 Nov 2012, 23:17 6 8
Reading this....the iPhone does "just works" It "just works" like every other phone. Its not some magical phone that's immune to issues....its just like every other phone.
76. neurobiologist posted on 11 Nov 2012, 00:48 0 0
Why then the price is so high? Its not magical phone, very true, now please bring this information to the rest blind apple supporters.
77. PapaSmurf posted on 11 Nov 2012, 02:57 0 0
Well this shouldn't happen on a phone with "The Most Advanced Operating System In The World."
42. Droid_X_Doug posted on 10 Nov 2012, 00:22 13 0
Nah. It is a parental control.... Can't be having those kiddies playing games with their iP5s!
88. nofear posted on 13 Nov 2012, 08:03 0 0
You know! "It is a parental control" for old people do not play game anyway, why bother?
55. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 10 Nov 2012, 03:35 9 1
If you threw the phone in the garbage it would work better.
68. archangel9 posted on 10 Nov 2012, 11:15 1 0
If you really research it the iPhone 5 is basically made of cheap parts period.The 4s IS BETTER than the 5. On that note,Judge Lucy Koh has decided to hear Samsung's side after questioning the integrity(because he has none)of the jury foreman for witheld info on how he use to work for Seagate,a partner with Samsung . Hey did you get the Note II yet bruh?
57. Topcat488 posted on 10 Nov 2012, 04:30 2 1
The only users that would rub their phone in such a way, are the people who play games like The Master of Baiters...
58. PAPINYC (limited) 4 days ago posted on 10 Nov 2012, 05:16 3 0
iRubbed it with two hands, like I always do. Should I wrap it in Duct Tape?
78. oldhamletman posted on 11 Nov 2012, 09:05 0 0
the problem is Apple is so full of themselves they think they can sell 4 generations of iphones with a 3.5 inch screen.... while everyone else is going to 4.7 (which is 80% bigger area btw)..
then all of a sudden, they say "holy crap, the other guys screens are 80% bigger, lets rush something out"..
now they got a all glass phone, that needs a 70 gram cover / bumper so you dont break it the first time you drop it, where the screen doesnt work right and its still 25% smaller than WP8 or Android.....
apple only gives you what they think is good for you.... good luck.
2. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 09 Nov 2012, 21:48 8 0
Oh no, this is iPhone's new feature. iPhone 5 edges is so sharp that users may cut their own fingers if they swipe like that and Apple deliberately built this excellent preventive feature into iPhone 5.
"Dear user, you swipe it wrong"
4. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 09 Nov 2012, 21:51 4 0
Johny I to the rescue, nothing a hardware designer can't fix.
12. E.N. posted on 09 Nov 2012, 22:18 4 3
exactly what I was thinking. Are we really comparing this to the antennagate problem?
23. jroc74 posted on 09 Nov 2012, 22:51 6 0
For ppl that play games...this would be irritating. Now dont tell me yall think ppl dont play games on iPhones? There were some articles that called it the best mobile gaming device, better than PSP's and whatnot.
30. chronopc posted on 09 Nov 2012, 23:29 2 0
More people are going to be swiping diagonally then dropping their tablets on concrete and PA did a whole article about the iPad mini vs. Nexus 7 drop test comparison.
86. Jobes posted on 12 Nov 2012, 16:09 0 0
Grab your phone.. and pull down the drop menu lol what motion do you make? (a perfect from the top middle to bottom middle?) Id imagine its more comfy to do at an angle.
9. tedkord posted on 09 Nov 2012, 21:59 5 0
It will join the annals of Apple along with antennagate, etc... in that the diehards will insist it isn't a real issue, that it's a conspiracy to make Apple look bad. It's already starting on other tech sites.
11. rusticguy posted on 09 Nov 2012, 22:15 9 0
And dumb @ss voted this company as most innovative was it?
14. prototype posted on 09 Nov 2012, 22:29 5 0
Apple only got 1 model of phone to make still they cant get it right. what a junk.
19. Savage posted on 09 Nov 2012, 22:41 5 0
I think Apple release a beta product (iPhone 5) to test, discover the problems they have and then release a more stable version (iPhone 5S) later. This phone has had even more problems than the 4 had. And as usual Apple's gonna deny but later fix them in its successor, calling it revolutionary features. Great way to extract money as dumb & clueless iFans will buy both regardless.
21. rusticguy posted on 09 Nov 2012, 22:45 3 0
That's Apple's innovative way of what can be called "Extortion" :D
20. xtremesv posted on 09 Nov 2012, 22:42 3 0
What about the iconic iOS game Infinity Blade? Must be frustrating having that powerful 3-core GPU inside a frozen iPhone 5. Let's hope this issue is only a software glitch.
28. jroc74 posted on 09 Nov 2012, 23:19 1 0
Thank you, I couldnt think of the other game this would cause issues for. I dont know alot about iPhone games, but there are some this would definitely cause issues for.
34. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 09 Nov 2012, 23:33 0 2
I don't run into this. And I play infinity blade quite a bit. It's definitely overblown. If EVERYONE had it we would've heard about this weeks ago.
48. E.N. posted on 10 Nov 2012, 01:20 1 2
This is so overblown, lol. When you're playing infinity blade, you don't swipe your hand across the screen like that.
I just hope that the same effort that people are making to point out all the errors/glitches on iPhone are doing the same for other devices. Probably not....
26. chronopc posted on 09 Nov 2012, 23:05 5 0
This must be the "quality" build of Apple products I hear so much about. lol
29. lyndon420 posted on 09 Nov 2012, 23:23 2 0
And this is what you get from spending 2.4 billion on 'R&D'.
33. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 09 Nov 2012, 23:32 1 0
I know I'm going to get alot of hate for this from the narrow minded people but I can honestly say I haven't run into any of the iPhone 5 issues. I cannot recreate this glitch here no matter how hard I try. My camera does have the purple tint but no more than my iPhone 4 or Samsung focus did. I've had really good luck with this phone.
35. scifan posted on 09 Nov 2012, 23:50 3 0
That looks like the touch screen driver/server issue that several of the 1st demo CM7 for the HP touchpad had issues with... (where the touchscreen driver would crash...)
My guess is that's a driver issue... could be wrong... but that's my guess... (not cool it wasn't caught in testing... guess they were too busy suing other companies rather than testing their own new stuff...)
44. rusticguy posted on 10 Nov 2012, 01:04 2 0
They were busy testing patience of other "Innvoative Companies" and Scott Forstall was so pissed that he had sold his shares ion many itself so he didn't care a damn as to what was happening with iOS666
37. ilkinandr92 posted on 09 Nov 2012, 23:55 0 0
Yeh this is not screen issue as i Tried it out on my LG Optimus G and they have same screen tech (in-cell)