Last year, Canadians sent 2500 text messages each second
0. phoneArena 14 Apr 2012, 22:11 posted on
Up north in Canada, an amazing 2500 text messages were sent each second for a total of 78 billion text messages sent over the course of 2011; that figure is up 40% from 2010 when 56.4 billion messages were sent...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. devonblue4u (Posts: 39; Member since: 12 Apr 2011)
All that texting. And one simple phone call waists way less time,,,
3. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
and texting allows you to do multiple things at once, talking on the phone for hours does not
7. devonblue4u (Posts: 39; Member since: 12 Apr 2011)
Seriously? Multiple things at once? Driving would be the first choice, right? I use my phone about three times a day for less than five minutes and I get more done. And I make a little over $100,000 a year, dude. I doubt I'd make more by texting all day.
8. Birds (Posts: 958; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Can I marry you or be you f**king pet????? I won't be evil. I can change my ways.
9. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Didn't ask how much you made. And I wasn't even thinking of driving either. I meant you can do more if you are short of time. You can listen to music while walking down the street and have privacy when texting. Try going all three. Texting might take longer but it is more convenient.
5. phonton (Posts: 58; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
With apps like Whatsapp, i think the SMS's will go down and it's a reason to worry about loss of revenue for the carriers. It's almost data now for everything. Not sure if these numbers will continue to rise or to say even stay at this position. hmmm.
6. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
I know this canadian, it's Alex from Trenton, ON
He cannot leave his Galaxy Note
He sent messages all day and night