Last minute update kills bugs on the Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung's new flagship model has already been available in some markets like South Korea and in the Middle East. Still, it is nice to see that Samsung has thoughtfully sent out the update prior to the actual global launch, so that the Galaxy S5 can provide a better experience to the majority of buyers.
Back in 2008, when the BlackBerry Storm was launched, RIM wanted to beat the Black Friday deadline. The Storm was rushed out, but as a result, it came out of the box with half-baked software, leading to complaints from those purchasing the first touchscreen 'Berry. In the aftermath of the Storm's launch, RIM co-CEO Jim Balsillie said that future smartphones would come with bugs out of the box, and would require an immediate firmware update.
Thankfully, this has not proven to be the case, and today's move by Samsung insures that Galaxy S5 owners have a positive experience with the phone from the moment that they open the box.
1. Doakie (Posts: 1262; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Am I the only one who glanced, saw XXU1ANCE and thought it said NUANCE? Maybe I'm crazy.
2. hboy857 (Posts: 208; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
Choose your prefered statement:
1. it's the BEST phone ever created so i'll overlook it's ugly design and buy this device.
2. it's such an UGLY looking phone that i wouldn't even consider looking at this thing let alone touching this device.
3. ordinary LOOKING phone, ordinary looking interface, i'm bored with sammy this time i choose M8/Z2.
4. for their FLAGSHIP PHONE sammy done an amazing job.
4. Jason2k13 (Posts: 648; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
So what's the point of this post? People don't buy a product because it's ugly, they buy because it's their personal preference.
Please troll somewhere else.
6. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 977; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
You have missed this:
5. all those articles that S5 is '"ugly", are iBS. Actually in real, S5 is very beautiful device, with the best specs and features.
3. AfterShock (Posts: 2812; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
SS is treating this S5 better then their S4 after release, it was kind of left by the road side once the Note came along.
Looks like a decent flagship phone all around, kudos to SS.
If I had to choose between S5,M8 an Z2, it'd be tough indeed but I think the S5 is the flagship of year so far.
Ask me that after the G3 an Nexus 6 are divulged and my opinion may change then.
IOS, does not compute in my equation sorry.
5. Jason2k13 (Posts: 648; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Note series is the true Samsung flagship in my opinion.
8. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 977; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Both, are TRUE flagship. But S is for ppl that like more pocketable devices and don't care about the(great)S Pen.
They were bashing Note 3 design , too. But ppl know now that in real Note 3 is beautiful and classy device.
Same will happen tomorrow with S5. I can bet on that.
10. Jason2k13 (Posts: 648; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
i don't remember anybody bashing note series designs, if so, theres only a few I've seen, but nowhere near as many compared to the S series.
flagship phones are getting too big now, neither the note and S series are considered pocketable now.
7. LionStone (Posts: 452; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Oh sure that's comforting knowing that a bug fix is getting sent out at the very last minute. Cutting it a little close there eh Samsung?
9. alan_1230 (Posts: 75; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)
stop crying nexus 5 did it too! what company does not sent out last minute updates ???? Apple has like 10 times since the release of 5s
12. AstronautJones (Posts: 266; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Maybe the bug fix restores download booster?