Last chance to download Flash on your Android device before it disappears tomorrow
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Aug 2012, 14:05
With the lack of flash support in the Chrome for Android browser, Adobe will no longer offer installation of the mobile Flash application starting Wednesday; if you never took the time to download Flash on your Android phone running Froyo or higher, the clock is ticking...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
32. frydaexiii posted on 14 Aug 2012, 21:50 8 2
Sigh, another one...Why is it bad that we can have both? It's not whether Flash sucks or HTML5 is "ftw", if Android can support both formats, isn't that a win for us users?
2. androidornothing posted on 14 Aug 2012, 14:11 10 0
Its kind of sad that they are completely taking it out but its good at the same time because HTML5 is what browsers mostly will be using in the future. I have a GS3 and i can say that not having flash sometimes is hard cuz some contents cant be viewed but the trade off is a smoother and faster web browser. And im sure soon all web sites will use HTML5 so it shouldnt be a problem for long.
5. remixfa posted on 14 Aug 2012, 14:16 4 0
then install dolphin or Opera.
Just because chrome doesnt use it doesnt mean other browsers dont support it.
40. jakson0100 posted on 17 Oct 2012, 12:10 0 0
I have it in my S3 and i downloaded by following this guide http://www.careace.net/2012/10
27. KingKurogiii posted on 14 Aug 2012, 19:24 1 0
how are you hoping to accomplish that? o:
4. remixfa posted on 14 Aug 2012, 14:15 5 1
install it. why wouldnt you want the full internet experience?
Installed and titanium'ed and cloud backed up for me. :)
9. KingKurogiii posted on 14 Aug 2012, 14:30 0 0
yeah, i swiped the latest version in anticipation for this. xD
22. torr310 posted on 14 Aug 2012, 16:43 0 0
I forgot to install Flash after the data reset and haven't felt any difference on browsing. Also, above mentioning Flash as a CPU hog, I wouldn't have a thing installed and I didn't feel the advantage of it.
7. biophone posted on 14 Aug 2012, 14:21 6 1
Flash was one of the things I liked about android. Now that its gone though I hope html 5 will be pushed even harder. I always hated flash but its hard to avoid using it.
10. KingKurogiii posted on 14 Aug 2012, 14:31 0 0
Correction: today is the very last day that you can DOWLOAD Adobe Flash on your Android model. i'll be holding on to my .apk for dear life to use to install to my future devices. ;)
20. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 14 Aug 2012, 16:10 2 0
Your thumbnail picture....nightmares...can't run O.o
28. KingKurogiii posted on 14 Aug 2012, 19:24 1 0
you can't get away from me...just like HIM! >;]
13. ahomad posted on 14 Aug 2012, 14:51 8 3
I still don't understand why people keep saying steve jobs predicted the future. he made the users of iOs suffer and lost good number of his users due to his decision of not including flash in the iOs. and now adobe decided to terminate their service, that decision completely has nothing to do with steve jobs, like anything on earth (everything will come to an end some day) and yet some people relate the flash discontinue to Steve jobs or steve jobs predicted that or even steve jobs win, thats completely nonsense. its not like steve jobs developed HTML5.
14. KingKurogiii posted on 14 Aug 2012, 15:40 0 0
yeah, that was years ago, Android users had a good run with Flash and it's not like HTML5 isn't an option for them.
16. 305Bucko posted on 14 Aug 2012, 15:49 2 2
Adobe themselves said that iOS had a LOT to do with the reason flash mobile died... soooo yea the decision DID have to do with Steve Jobs but who cares, HTML5 is better.
18. remixfa posted on 14 Aug 2012, 16:00 2 1
I think that was more of an attempt by Adobe to sling mud at apple in retaliation for SJ's comments on the matter.
When SJ made those comments, no phone could handle flash well. Times have changed. Now just about every phone has the horsepower to handle it if the OS chooses to allow it.
24. downphoenix posted on 14 Aug 2012, 17:06 2 0
actually it has everything to do with jobs and apple and how pussy Adobe is. Adobe should have been strict on their stance of flash and threatened supporting their apps like photoshop and premiere on the mac platform if apple didnt concede, instead they wholeheartedly gave in to apple's demands and killed off Flash before HTML5 matured. HTML5 still hasnt matured, most multimedia sites STILL use Flash.
25. protozeloz posted on 14 Aug 2012, 17:35 0 2
well, iPhoto and other (obviously monopoly based) services, could have taken over, I mean adobe is already fighting this "well integrated" Apple cooked applications.
15. skymitch89 posted on 14 Aug 2012, 15:48 4 0
I don't see why they're removing it from the Play Store. I think that they should keep it on there but shouldn't support it, and put a HUGE note at the top of it says something like "THIS APP WILL NO LONGER BE SUPPORTED OR UPDATED". Other than that, if I need to re-install Flash, I'll just find the .apk and side-load it.
19. master0fursinz posted on 14 Aug 2012, 16:03 1 0
well i for one am looking for movie2k to switch up to html 5 fast
23. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 14 Aug 2012, 16:48 0 0
No matter which website I go to now there's someone with a slender man thumbnail -_- I'm starting to believe he's actually ate me.
26. ogy_dogy posted on 14 Aug 2012, 17:58 1 0
is it me or has html5 been the "future" for quite a few years now, and still we all will miss the flash ability on android..?
29. redmd posted on 14 Aug 2012, 19:35 0 0
Where's this html5 all of you talk about? Just install the apk file then we're all good.
31. Peter98 posted on 14 Aug 2012, 20:47 0 0
Google and Apple did it correctly. But however, lots of things still using Flash. Hope that HTML 5 will be better and more common in the future :D
33. robocopvn posted on 15 Aug 2012, 03:07 0 0
The point is, some of my favorite video website still need Flash to run :))
34. captn3x posted on 15 Aug 2012, 09:00 0 0
What made Android so good was it did things no other phone did. If the consumer wanted it, Google made it happen. Flash was truly the only reason I stayed with Android. Sounds dumb to some but at 40, Battle Pirates is the most gaming I do these days. BP is all flash driven in Face Book and though the game wasn't playable, on my DROID 4 it would load and I could play about 50% of the game while on the go. I always wanted to try other OS's......will it be apple or WP8? I'm thinking a nice Nokia!
36. InspectorGadget80 posted on 15 Aug 2012, 11:20 0 0
My Atrix already have FLAH built it did the last update few weeks ago plus on my WALKMAN Z. i like flash better than HTML my porn and videos on sites plays better. I still blame APPLE for killing FLASH.
37. CivicSi89 posted on 15 Aug 2012, 13:39 0 0
wow dude. just wow. if you are watching porn on your phone. you might wanna consider getting a Casio GzOne Commando. Its "Liquid" Resistant.
39. CivicSi89 posted on 15 Aug 2012, 13:52 1 0
you see what i did there? lol